Questhelper messing up?

Hi, me and a few peoplei n my guild are having a a problem with questhelper.
    Whenever I try to log into my character with questhelper enabled, it disconnects me from the server. but with questhelper disabled I can log in fine.
    Has there been a new release that I'm missing or something?

Re: Questhelper messing up?

I had the same issue with it a few days ago. Downloaded a new version and it worked fine.
    However, the new phasing system still causes many bugs with npc turn-in locations.
    80 Rogue - Barristan of Spinebreaker (main)
    70 Warlock - Petyr of Spinebreaker
    70 Druid - Kathrisper of Spinebreaker

Personally, I would recommend that you go to curse.com and download Carbonite. It's not quite as showy, but I find it works fine and it uses less memory. It also doesn't need Cartographer which (I believe, I could be mistaken), QH does. I would say the one thing I miss about QH is the flight timers, but frankly, I more or less know what all the flight times are anyway just having played for so many years.

I used to have that problem a lot with QuestHelper, and my friend did too. Check and see if you have the newest version, and download that.

Other than that, I would say ditch it in favor of Carbonite.

QH does not need Cartographer to work, but it does integrate into TomTom (if you use QH without TomTom you are failing). Not tried Carbonite, but I update my QH through Curse before I log in every night and I haven't had any issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Phose
    Hi, me and a few peoplei n my guild are having a a problem with questhelper.
    Whenever I try to log into my character with questhelper enabled, it disconnects me from the server. but with questhelper disabled I can log in fine.
    Has there been a new release that I'm missing or something?

same issue here, but only in dalaran

Agree with post above, never heard of TomTom, and my QH works perfectly.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Lets start from the fact that if we need QH we're failing, and if you need QH & TomTom you're brain dead.

How about you read the quest ?

It's about lazyness i guess.
    Why take the stairs when you can take the elevator? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ess85
    Agree with post above, never heard of TomTom, and my QH works perfectly.
    TomTom adds an arrow you can follow.

There is also Cartographer_Waypoints that does it, and if you are seeing the arrow and don't have TomTom you probably have that.

When I was using Carbonite it kept on telling me to go to the wrong places >.> like it would tell me to go to the quest giver when I didn't have the quest completed. It was on Northrend quest, so maybe there was some tweaking that needed to be done. I will try it on my Death Knight and see how it works with Outland quest I suppose. If it was more accurate, I would use it. It looks a lot better (imo) and runs better.

TomTom gives you a waypoint arrow, so you don't have to keep opening your map to see if you're going the right way.

I CAN level without it. I can also MT, heal, and dps without any mods. It's not as fun, is far more tedious, and I don't enjoy it. I play WoW to have FUN, not to see how XHARDCOREX I can be.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Nothing fun about following an arrow without even reading what the hell are you supposed to do, or why.
    It saves you time, but I guess everyone has their definition of 'fun'.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    Nothing fun about following an arrow without even reading what the hell are you supposed to do, or why.
    It saves you time, but I guess everyone has their definition of 'fun'.

I hate leveling. Bad. Hate so much. Whatever gets me through it with the least amount of actual paying attention is good.

I am having the same problem when logging into but talking to my guildies they say it shows me log in then log out. I am thinking what is happening is the server sees me log in then while my comp is loading addons drawing dal and all the ppls in it i get DC'd for inactivity before I actually see anything.

I am guessing that since QH is probably one of ur bigger addons that disabling it is making your load time quicker and avoiding this problem.

I dont use QH btw and i found that the problem occurs less when i disable auctioneer which is also a hog of an addon.

I have remedied the situation by logging off in either that argent frontier place or whatever right outside of dal or some other low pop area.

Hope this helps

cheers

I have had the same problem, but only occasionally. It does seem to happen more frequently in major cities, but I have also had it happen in the middle of nowhere. In addition, it has only occurred with one specific character. Due to this, I believe it has something to do with the quests that I have on that character, in particular the final quests for the Champion of the Naru questline. (yeah, yeah, I realize there's no title for them now, but I can't bear to drop them when I was so close to completing the chain)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    I hate leveling. Bad. Hate so much. Whatever gets me through it with the least amount of actual paying attention is good.
    Indeed - Fun = Watching people drop gas coulds ont he floor on Grobbulus, Dancing like Peter Garret on Heigan, and getting owned like a suicide bomber walking into an army encampment on Thaddius

Questing is just plain tedious.

Same problem...only in dalaran though