Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mongoose as a L80 enchant

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    "Executioner" doesn't scale, unlike mongoose.
    Executioner is getting changed to armor penetration rating, which is % reduction based. Any % reduction in armor translates to a % increase in damage, not a numeric increase in damage. The reason why it's not good isn't the scaling, it's just that there are better options. Are warglaives good? Yes. Should anyone use them when they have naxx25 weapons? No. Executioner is the same idea.

With reference to the post someone made above about berserking having a 15s uptime for each minute, ppm mechanics have misleading values. PPM mechanics can activate on special attacks, which for most melee classes, are used quite often. Much like mongoose has a ppm of 1 and a realistic ppm closer to 2, berserking is flat out better than massacre unless armor is a consideration.

Even if berserking was worth 100 static ap (which it isn't), it would still edge out massacre as you can use speed potions during the proc to effectively gain extra dps over a normal speed potion activation, not to mention timing the proc with other haste/crit/armor penetration cooldowns.

Long story short: Mongoose is still godlike for raiding rogues, but berserker is better. For other dual wielders, berserker is better past special hit cap, and +25hit/+25crit is about as good as mongoose. For 2hand users, berserker is the best enchant.

berserking wings trinks pot. BIG ASS NUMBERZ ON MY SCREENZ!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    I ment it as in a spell wont do more dmg when you have -25% armor
    Ofc a caster will notice it when HE has -25% armor.. but why the hell would a caster take berserking?
    I've enchanted several weapons for other players with high end enchants because it's "cool and glowy", don't underestimate the sillyness of some players.
    Even caster staves and spellpower or spirit for hunters, and mongoose for warlocks... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Jenton
    Executioner is getting changed to armor penetration rating, which is % reduction based. Any % reduction in armor translates to a % increase in damage, not a numeric increase in damage. The reason why it's not good isn't the scaling, it's just that there are better options. Are warglaives good? Yes. Should anyone use them when they have naxx25 weapons? No. Executioner is the same idea.

Long story short: Mongoose is still godlike for raiding rogues, but berserker is better. For other dual wielders, berserker is better past special hit cap, and +25hit/+25crit is about as good as mongoose. For 2hand users, berserker is the best enchant.
    Saw that, seems blizzard is reading these forums after all.
    /mumbles something about fixing engineering to have 32 stats.

Shame, they haven't included serrated blades into the new % mechanic yet.

I'll probably jump onto the 25/25 enchant so I got a reliable increase in dps on my weapons, even though berserker gives a "slightly" better damage bonus, the chances of getting cleaved or one-shotted with -50% armor would become a lot bigger. Though such mechanics can usually be safely avoided, some can't always be. Dead rogues don't do DPS as they say.

berserking > 25/25 > mongoose(nerfed proc-rate at 80)
    I think it's something along the lines : 50 aep > 45 aep > 42 aep.
    The differences are fairly small, and when you're above the 320 hit rating level for poison attacks, mongoose may actually be better than the 25/25 enchant. Though, for dps still inferior to berserking, even though the enchant makes your weapons useless for anything but raiding.