Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stats to heal heroic?

What should my mp5/healing be at to heal a heroic?
    Also, how much mana should I have?

Atomica

Re: Stats to heal heroic?

As a Holy Paladins 1.5k-2k Bonus Spell Damage

and around 240mp

People have been managing to heal them with 1.3k Bonus and 100mp5, really depends on how good you are.

Have been able to heal a few with ~1060 SP and ~250 mp/5 buffed.

Its hard though, not recomendable :b

I started out healing them at around 1300 +healing and somewhere around 120 mp5 with ~15k mana, but as Inco said it was pretty challenging.

At around the 1700 +Healing range, 20k or more mana, ~%20 base crit, and 180 mp5 it becomes considerably easier.

If you need to gear up a bit more, you can pick up some great items with Argent Crusade and Frenzyheart rep.

Hmmm I started healing heroics with roughly 1200 spellpower and around 100mp5... Tank doesn't take that bad beating with some proper CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I think the hardest boss in a heroic would be the Chrono-lord from Strat, mostly because without a healer that can take some beating (Mail or plate wearer), they're likely to die on his "run-around zerg" AOE ability.
    I disagree. He only targets one person + tank when he does that ability, so a beacon will suffice or BoP if a clothie is taking a beating. Hardest would be Loken for a holy pally. So much AoE damage :<

But the idea on Loken fight is to not take dmg. If you stand on top of loken the aura is doing almost no dmg. When he casts nova you dont take dmg from aura. So basically only tank should take dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaghan
    But the idea on Loken fight is to not take dmg. If you stand on top of loken the aura is doing almost no dmg. When he casts nova you dont take dmg from aura. So basically only tank should take dmg.
    The problem is that basically all pug members mange to take huge amount of damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Karaghan
    Loken can be really annoying, i don't know if it was intended but sometimes he is moving backwards from everyone and giving everyone the "dot" from his Aura. When my group was moving closer to him he was "running away" again. Leaving me with healing everyone trough the "dot". Does this happen to anyone else? Or did the tank did anything wrong (druid)?

MP5 is a worthless stat now. I don't know why people keep listing it, but don't concern yourself with it at all. Especially in Heroics where the "long" bosses top out at 3.5 minutes. A 100mp5 difference will set you back a piddly 4200 mana in a 3.5 minute fight.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Firecrest, because not all fights are 3.5min after you get past heroics.

Most boss fights in Naxx are 6-10min.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Firecrest, because not all fights are 3.5min after you get past heroics.

Most boss fights in Naxx are 6-10min.
    The title of the thread is "Stats to heal heroic?". Hence my comments on the worthlessness of mp5 in a heroic.

Nonetheless, Holy Pallies need to stop thinking of this stat as important anymore. In any environment. With Divine Plea, Int is better than mp5 in every way by far. Stacked mp5 is a hallmark of a Holy Pally that doesn't understand his class.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Do you want to be stuck healing heroics? Didn't think so.

A Holy Pally who has to hit Divine Plea and eat the 50% in heals just so they have mana is stupid.

I agree that if you have a repleneshment class in your raid that int > mp/5. But having no MP/5 is outright dumb. Good thing most healing plate comes with MP/5 and crit/haste isn't it.

A Holy Pally who has to hit Divine Plea and eat the 50% in heals just so they have mana is stupid.

I agree that if you have a repleneshment class in your raid that int > mp/5. But having no MP/5 is outright dumb. Good thing most healing plate comes with MP/5 and crit/haste isn't it.
    Any holy pally who doesn't use Divine Plea is an absolute retard, it is our bread and butter now. The TWENTY percent is actually lowered to around 15% if you are using glyph of seal of light and that 15% percent can easily be offset by using bigger heals, etc. etc. 25% of my mana every minute is 5k mana...thats 416 mp5 at the cost of 15% healing reduction for 15 seconds.

First off, as stated above, the healing reduction of Divine Plea is not 50%. So your sarcasm is misplaced and your opinion seriously misinformed and incorrect.

Second, smart Pallies will time their Pleas to the best effect. Most fights have healing lulls. Places where you have to run a long distance and can't be healing anyway, or the boss is casting something long, or ports up into the air, or changes phases, or is predictably hitting the tank for large amounts of damage at regular intervals. Getting a full 15 seconds where healing doesn't matter is pretty rare, but good Pallies will find plenty of ways to work around the spell's negative effect.

The healing reduction is not trivial, but it's not a huge deal either. Even if you have to pop wings or trinks during the time it's up, the mana return is exceptional. The added heals of a half dozen HLs later on more than make up for the temporary reduction in healing.

Once you come to realize the power of Divine Plea, it's easy to see why Int is such a great stat for Holy Pallies now and why mp5 isn't. Point for point (assuming good Pleas and replenishment) one point of Int is about the same regeneration as 1 mp5. Except that Int also goes on to increase your crit and spellpower as well.

MP5 on gear is made even less necessary by the reduced cast cost given by the Wisdom Glyph.

Int > SP > Crit, MP5, Haste

Int is hands down the best stat for us now. The rest is somewhat debatable. Spellpower is still good but Crit and mp5 have definitely lost value. Crit ends up suffering the same fate as mp5. It used to be that a large part of the draw toward crit was the replenishment, but now Int just does that job so much better that it loses its value in that way. So you have to only look at Crit in terms of its boost to the size of your heals - but point for point, spellpower gives better returns in this regard. Hence the placement of crit and mp5 at the end of the list.

Haste is less important now due in large part to the ease of content. We're not chaining HLs like we used to in SWP. It's also overshadowed by the great casting time reduction given by our Judgments.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

crit > anything

only go for Crit gems, all other stats are useless

+200 mp5,
    +23% crit
    +1300 heal

and you should be more then good to heal any heroics, with smart use of beacon and holy shocks.

Could you explain the reasoning behind crit stacking a little bit more? Comparing your armory and mine, you've got ~4% more crit chance than I do, but at a serious detriment to your other stats. I don't really understand the reasoning behind that.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko
    crit > anything

only go for Crit gems, all other stats are useless

+200 mp5,
    +23% crit
    +1300 heal

and you should be more then good to heal any heroics, with smart use of beacon and holy shocks.
    Firecrest is right.

int>crit>MP5,haste.

But to be honest here, you really have to choose between MP5 and haste in most gear. If you can't see crit on, don't pick it. Next stat I'll go for will probably be haste.

But like always, I'm a loot whore, so I don't really care. My guild is fine with it anyway, so I win.

post edit:
    I favor crit over spell power, (mostly a comparison between same tier epics and the difference is generally minimal) Crit is one stat that gives me HPS and mana longevity.

stacking crit after int seems like a smart move because we have 19% spell crit just from talent alone, achieve high crit rate gives a lot more HPS and mana longevity than not. Combining with Divine Plea, you are set for spamming HL + Beacon.

MP5 is utterly useless in heroics. Even when it was 70, fights lasted so damn short you just don't get the full benefit of MP5.

Started on this unbuffed

100mp5
    26%critt
    1100 heal
    and a shitload of mana and haste (yes i go for int)

Dont really need that much mp5 as pala in the heroics

Can spam nonstop flashlight if i use divine plea at CD

i decided i was going to stop stacking int now that i am above 20k mana unbuffed. i have 16mp5, and with the 20k mana, (with buffs its about 25) and using divine plea in a good moment of time, it is nearly impossible to run out of mana. i have cleared naxx 25, the most healing intensive would be patchwerk, and still my mana was good at the end. i have decided i am going to stack crit, without lowering my 20k mana pool, i beleive it is the way to go.