JC: WoTLK gems in Level 70 Gear

Quick question... Can I put WoTLK gems, like a Runed Scarlet Ruby, or, assuming that I was JC, a Runed Dragon's Eye into a level 70 item like: Carved Witch Doctor's Stick? Oh, and please assume that my character is level 70, if this matters.

Re: JC: WoTLK gems in Level 70 Gear

why shouldent you? its a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by skojten
    why shouldent you? its a gem.
    I hope that you are right. The reason that I am thinking it might not be possible is that a level 70 heroic badge reward wand, with a Runed Dragon's Eye, would better for my toon (more spell power), than the current best level 80 raid wand drop, because none of the current level 80 wands have a socket.

my deathknight has high level gems in his level 63ish gear

i havent read anything about it, so i can be misstaken. but logic sez that i should work.
    Or all the low level gems would be useless and all the leveling JC should be out of buisness.

You shouldn't really think about the ability to put gems on items or not.
    It's more what stats and boost the wand give anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by walnuts
    You shouldn't really think about the ability to put gems on items or not.
    It's more what stats and boost the wand give anyway.
    Agreed. For leveling a warlock, I'd actually rather have my level 70 Carved Witch Doctor's Stick wand with a socket (assuming that I can indeed put any WoTLK gem in that socket), than any of the current level PvE 80 wands (which I could not equip anyway), because of the stats that the combined socketed level 70 Carved Witch Doctor's Stick wand would give. And yes, the level 80 PvE raid wands may be better for level 80 raiding, but not for leveling from 70 to 80, for me.

I added a BS socket to a Belt of Blasting and put 32 spell damage gems in it.

It's hot lava.