Poll: Is there enough item model variety in WotLK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft: attack of the clones

Ok, now that the items are up on MMO-champion, from what I'm seeing, I'm really dissappointed in the lack of variety with the item models in WotLK. I made a post about it before launch, and alot of people said they were placeholders, but now that the game is out, I'm seeing about 3 new cloth helm models total, like 3 new 2H axe models, same with 1H swords, etc.

I don't mind that they made spellpower a universal caster stat, but did they have to make every item look the same as well? I mean, even alot of the green items have the same model as the blue ones.

I think the graphic designers made some beautiful, unique environments in northrend, but were damn lazy when it came to the items. Anyone agree/disagree?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Re: World of Warcraft: attack of the clones

Yep, it seems they've made 2-3 models that they liked especially, and re-used it over and over, Plate shoulders <=ilvl200 one look, Plate shoulders >ilvl200, another look

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

I'd have to agree, hell they even brought back some of the tier 0 stuff if you look in dalaran's heroism badge vendor.

If they're going to bring something back, reuse the askandi skin.

Suggestion for blizzard: Hold a "design the modles" contest for your playerbase: you will have a ton of work right off your hands, and in the hands of the people who wanted the new modles in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerzia
    Suggestion for blizzard: Hold a "design the modles" contest for your playerbase: you will have a ton of work right off your hands, and in the hands of the people who wanted the new modles in the first place.
    that would be the perfect solution...
    but i doubt they will ever read this thread :P
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

Deleted

Got like 4~different headpieces, all the same model.(rogue)

I dun care about questloot but please make some more models for the instanceloot :<

I wish there was more variety, but I do like everything matching. It would have been nice if they had kept the same colors and styles but made the graphic look different.

Hopefully more will be patched in as time goes on. As of now, I'm loving the new gun model (the gladiator one). Every pieces so far looks really great too, but I cannot comment on variety of the looks.

15+ Year Old Account

looks like no is winning

i voted yes thinking it was about all the new creature models.
    It's just a game.

Spellpower as dps and healer stats was, imo, the laziest thing ever done. It's not ''to make healers make more pewpew'' because Healers are supposed to BE healers and not dps and DPS are Supposed to PEWPEW and NOT heal. Now its all fked up, boomkins in healer gear, disc priests rapin stuff.. etc.

we accepted it.. alright thats kewl.

and now.. they said in s4 as an excuse for the shitty armor items graphics :

Most of our design team is working on WOTLK.

Ok we accepted the lame excuse.. thats kewl.

I played WOTLK beta, saw those shit new items graphics.. been like, what the fuck, hope it gets fixed in the real game..

WOTLK is out.. what we have?

3 helm models for each armor specialization (cloth mail etc.)
    3 weapons models for each things
    etc. etc.

YES the world graphics are Awesome, YES the content is nice BUT damnit, what made WoW enjoyable by many players is the quality of items graphics, not some bullshit 3 UGLY (yes, some prehistoric shit with fucking horns = ugly) models for everything

wtf.

As far as prehistoric goes I really don't mind, I don't think anyone else does.

This topic is about -variety- and yes, I think more models are in order. Granted there are some but as an expansion more would've been expected.

Good poll.
    /cheer @ ashkandy poster.-

Edit: The naxx loot being the same as well as naxx 1.0 is a bit dissapointing truth be told.

Nearly EVERY piece of plate ive picked up for my DK has the exact same model and color scheme. While it's nice for making the toon match the bad is that it looks like everybody else.

15+ Year Old Account

Let's just hope the epics in ulduar end up looking different

I do agree, armor and weapon model variety is missing.

Deleted

I'm still hoping they're placeholders. I know, not every single item can have a unique model but at least the level 80 drops should look somewhat unique. Remember early in TBC release, every single epic plate drop was recolored lolbringer? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by tokn
    I'd have to agree, hell they even brought back some of the tier 0 stuff if you look in dalaran's heroism badge vendor.

If they're going to bring something back, reuse the askandi skin.
    That one was deliberate for nostalgic purposes. The rest is laziness.....mind you I couldn't come up with crap, maybe a couple stick figure models with a sword so................

Sure, more models would be nice...
    However, if they did more varying models but less varying and detailed monsters and landscapes. Less interesting quests and sounds at the cost of having more varying shoulders at the 71-80 range I would be dissapointed.

I think its more then okay if the upcoming items in Ulduar and so forth are all new models. I mean this is gear we outgrow pretty fast, feels like a waste to spend too much energy on it.

As said be4, my logic fails if the next round of items also are recolors and such, buti have faith that the designers will spend more energy on the upcoming gear.

If you are going to make a poll thread the least you could do is try to be unbiased in the question otherwise the poll is kind of redundant. Putting a poll at the top of a whine thread is more like trying to measure how good a whiner you are (poll results so far suggest the OP is a pretty good whiner, congrats).