Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Death Knight Heroic Dungeon Tanking, is it possible?

Your gear is lacking.

I have 19.24% dodge and 17.xx% parry, 24.5k health, not crit immune, I'm doing fine.

In fact, I'm going so well, I had 5 saves today, 1 normal, 3 heroics and 1 wintergrasp raid on Archavon.

And I have only 1 epic, the emblem of heroism belt.

each heroic was AoE tanked with minimal CC, Archavon was one-shotted.

I'm frost, and I'm tanking everything.
    It takes skill to play, and knowing when to use what, but it's easily possible. I never lose aggro, and I have much more survivability than when I'm unholy.

18% dodge, 19% parry, 22.4k armor and 23.7k health and 540 defense unbuffed ^^ not a single epic, 2 crafted blues (bracers and gloves), rest is instance drops/quest rewards/rep rewards... and I'm doing fine in heroics. you are lacking allot of defense ^^ rather go for def cap before going to stack stamina as it doesn't make you live through crits anyways.

and once more: for all idiots or retards who say "get capable healers, def cap isn't needed" please go and crawl in a hole and never come out again... mainly for ruining our reputation as tanks (hear all the people saying DK's are lousy tanks? yes.. you are one of the reasons for that) and for gods sake please start being at least a BIT self responsible and do what you are supposed to as tank and get your damn defense capped instead of blaming everything on your healers.

first off... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ilash&n=Rugale ...
    2nd thing, people need to stop hating on duel-wield tanking, it offers more stats, and yes u can get parry gibbed, but u should be able to out last that and the reason theres more slow one handers with tanking stats is because of death knights(der) also, ive main tanked every heroic so far and ive main tanked everything in naxx 10 man and everything in 25 naxx cept last 2 bosses (warrior did it cause he came in late) any ways, everyone has their preference, i think dw is better, but thats my choice. and having a balance amount of defense and health is better then too much of one thing, lots of avoidance + low health can be good, but wat happens when u get hit? and lots of health + low avoidance just means more of a hassle for your healers (ive also tanked sartharion and malygos 10 man :O )

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Nope. Not sure if you're doing something wrong or your healer is, but I've tanked most heroics (admittedly as Unholy, but I've seen Frost do it as well) completely without incident.

Get your defense up as the first matter of business. You want to be uncrittable, and for heroics that requires 530 on bosses (you want 540 defense for raids). With that low of defense, you're going to be taking very spiky and high damage, and that will ruin you.

I'm getting ready to tank Naxx, but I'm using easily-available gear from normal, heroics, crafted items and rep rewards. For reference: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uncil&n=Anchev
    heroic bosses are level 82 elites therefor a defense rating of 535 is required to be immune to critical strikes.

It's not actually hard to get crit immune, mostly blacksmithing gear.

I'm currently 22.5khp 23k armor 17% dodge and parry 535 defense in heroic tanking gear and 21.7khp 22k armor 16% dodge 18% parry 541 defense in raid tanking gear.

The legs from VH heroic are a nice edition compared to the legs you can buy on auction house that are recomended for getting crit immune, easy heroic too.

I turned 80, had not tanked a single instance yet. I equip my crap blue gear, respec to some unholy tank build and did heroic stratholme. I was crittable and Meathook took advantage of it with a 12k hit, but we got over it and completed the instance without anymore problems. With a lil better gear I expect to faceroll through heroics.

I tanked heroic Azjol-Nerub in full dps spec and gear (25 man naxx, sartharion, malygos gear) couse some of my friends wanted this stupid achievement Gotta Go! and it was retarded easy... I guess in full and proper tanking gear you can just tank whatever you like...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hirork
    Shouldn't he tank with a shield ??? ??? I don't know anything about tanking, though.
    Perhaps you shouldn't be answering then
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better