Poll: Which is you preferred tank so far in WOTLK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: New Tank Champ...

Time for my pet peeve, players hanging onto their sw/t6 gear in lvl 80 heroics. I tank on bear and have very little problems holding aggro except for geared dk going all out and dropping dnd. Back to ranting, people your old 70 gear is busted, not enough stam and other stats and every time I see a toon in 70 gear I whisper the healer and tell him there is your person to let die.

FFS, bc is that away, time to move on.

Yeah I know, QQ, just so annoying trying to protect people who cant take a hit.

I agree with the whole L70 H gear but good players make it work. This is proven by the TwentyfifthNovember, the first guild to clear all wotlk content in full T6 gear. But I prefer my new gear with increased int. and spi for healing.

The question I have to all Druid tanks is this, Is it really hard to aquire new tank gear or is our guild tank that damn lazy. He explained to us that druid tanks will be nerfed in the future but i hear good things about them now.

I still go with druid for the 5% crit chance from Leader of the Pack. Since I play a Hunter, Threat is no issue.

The best tanks imo right now r warriors and pallies mainly because they have it easy when it comes to maintaining aggro on aoe pulls. warriors have thunder clap and shock wave, pallies got Conc. All druids get is swipe which generates crap for aggro, they also have Beserk wich makes mangle in bear form hit 3 targets but that is on a 3 min CD so until they make swipe generate more aggro Warrior or Tankadin is Def better

Merlodicus

imo sadly DK tanks will always be squishy and hard to heal i think, DKs are not avoidance tanks but have nice aggro.

Right now I play a frost DK. I am ANYTHING but squishy. I push about 4500 tps (ave)
    I also have 25.5k HP un-buffed. As long as the DK keeps his CD's up, we take little damage. Currently there is literally about 20-ish seconds of combat where I do not have any cool-downs up in a 5 min fight. When you tank as a DK it is never a "tank and spank" That just does not exsist in a DK's vocabulary. The key to not dieing it to pop ur c/d's early and often.

I have 6 CD's I can choose from (as a dwarf DK tank) Lichborne , Unbreakable Armor, Icebound Fortitude, Stoneform (for a brief carry-over), and then 2 Trinket CD's. I also think it is funny that if I pop all my c/d's I have over 45k Armor for about 20 seconds. I had to do this on raz. It was our first attempt and half the raid didn't know wtf to do so naturally both the apprentices died. He was at about 100k HP. I ran in popped all my c/d's and we took him out. It is litterally impossible for a boss to hit a DK tank if all our c/d's are up. And if they manage to. They do little to no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    imo warrs are wthe worst aoe tanks, when comparing to others, now it might have sumthing to do with skill as well
    but i havent seen a warr that could keep aggro from all mobs when i went all out aoe
    where other tankclasses could...
    That alone answers your question, but that can also be related to the DPSer. No offense, but no one should, even with a Pally, start AoEing right after a pull. You need to give the tank a couple rotations to build threat on all the mobs. I run with a DK that does over 2k DPS in all my heroics (don't know how good that is) and he never pulls off of me. I usually run with a Lock, DK, and Mage, never CC anything and nothing comes off unless I am watching TV in the background and not paying attention to rotation. Mind you the Lock and Mage both do well over 2800 DPS in Heroics without counting the AoE DMG that bumps them way above 4k.

I have had no problems gearing my bear. Knowing that the armor nerf is coming I have been gearing with stam and agi. Protector of the Pack is very sexy. So many ferals are stuck in the old ways that they lose sight of the benefits of 12% mitigation of ALL damage. Currently self buffed I have about 19.5k armor, 32k health and about 33% crit. Pugs that run with me love me, I hold threat like a champ and I'm fairly easy to heal. As a bonus barkskin on a minute cd is another godsend. Imo, your bear is lazy and unwilling to change to meet the new wotlk environment.

Those stats are with heroic drops and rep gear, and http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...are&n=Toreador. In my kitty gear at the moment, when we can get in the game I'll switch to bear gear if anyone wants to look and flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drydek
    The best tanks imo right now r warriors and pallies mainly because they have it easy when it comes to maintaining aggro on aoe pulls. warriors have thunder clap and shock wave, pallies got Conc. All druids get is swipe which generates crap for aggro, they also have Beserk wich makes mangle in bear form hit 3 targets but that is on a 3 min CD so until they make swipe generate more aggro Warrior or Tankadin is Def better
    Not quite. I am a Frost DK and run with a paly tank. He is our MT. When AE comes to AE I strip aggro off him like a hot knife through butter. Just throw down DnD, get your diseases
    up on a mob, pestilence, then pop deathchill and howling blast. The mobs are literally stuck to you like glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadeshall
    Right now I play a frost DK. I am ANYTHING but squishy. I push about 4500 tps (ave)
    I also have 25.5k HP un-buffed. As long as the DK keeps his CD's up, we take little damage. Currently there is literally about 20-ish seconds of combat where I do not have any cool-downs up in a 5 min fight. When you tank as a DK it is never a "tank and spank" That just does not exsist in a DK's vocabulary. The key to not dieing it to pop ur c/d's early and often.

I have 6 CD's I can choose from (as a dwarf DK tank) Lichborne , Unbreakable Armor, Icebound Fortitude, Stoneform (for a brief carry-over), and then 2 Trinket CD's. I also think it is funny that if I pop all my c/d's I have over 45k Armor for about 20 seconds. I had to do this on raz. It was our first attempt and half the raid didn't know wtf to do so naturally both the apprentices died. He was at about 100k HP. I ran in popped all my c/d's and we took him out. It is litterally impossible for a boss to hit a DK tank if all our c/d's are up. And if they manage to. They do little to no damage.
    My experiense on Razz, both instructers died, Poped Shield Wall, Dodge Trinket, Last Stand, Nightmare seed, hit me for 98k.

As a healer I've easily had my best runs (5 mans) with Prot Pallys and my worst with druids. With Prot pally's I can shield whenever without worrying they are not accumulating enough rage. DK's haven't been bad either. The only problem is when there's four in the group, a couple of them forget who is the tank then I have to heal all three at once.

Forst DK ftw. srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedelesa
    My experiense on Razz, both instructers died, Poped Shield Wall, Dodge Trinket, Last Stand, Nightmare seed, hit me for 98k.
    The most he hit me for, which was once, was for 15k.
    Lichborne-25 percent to miss me.
    IBF-50 percent damage reduction.
    UA-25 percent increase to armor, and 10% to parry.
    With both my dodge trinks up at the same time too.
    I was about at a 98% chance that the boss would even touch me. Even when he did it was for nothing. I had maxed out my armor (75% Reduction of damage) ontop of IBF (50% reduction of damage) with 30% to dodge and 43% to parry. Then the 25% to miss from Lichborne.

Keep in mind this was only for Appx. 20 seconds.

imo warrs are wthe worst aoe tanks, when comparing to others, now it might have sumthing to do with skill aswel
    but i havent seen a warr that could keep aggro from all mobs when i went all out aoe
    where other tankclasses could...
    Honeslty, I think warriors can aoe tank nearly as well as paladins atm. Obviously the more mobs the more the paladin has the advantage but warriors can do a good job at keeping up as well, it's just more difficult due to positioning as shockwave has a somewhat small aoe cone. Druids are by far the worst aoe tanks and it's disappointing really, especially atm since druids also have, as far as I know, the least amount of avoidance overall.

I dont know what crack you guys are on, but druids hold aggro just as well. A smart druid just knows how to face all of the mobs. As far as threat gen I hold it like a beast...mitigation isnt bad since we dodge, and when we get hit...yeah we might get hit for 8-10k but for god sakes we have 31k+ hp....we wont even notice, with barkskin constantly up and all of our "oh sh*t" buttons we are beast. That's just my opinion. I did a 10 man Naxx the other day and my starts are horrible seeing as I just hit 80 30mins before.
    26k hp
    23k armor
    33% dodge
    unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber1261
    I dont know what crack you guys are on, but druids hold aggro just as well. A smart druid just knows how to face all of the mobs. As far as threat gen I hold it like a beast...mitigation isnt bad since we dodge, and when we get hit...yeah we might get hit for 8-10k but for god sakes we have 31k+ hp....we wont even notice, with barkskin constantly up and all of our "oh sh*t" buttons we are beast. That's just my opinion. I did a 10 man Naxx the other day and my starts are horrible seeing as I just hit 80 30mins before.
    26k hp
    23k armor
    33% dodge
    unbuffed.
    Well from my experience, guildies I normally run with have issues when running heroics with a similarly geared druid compared to me. One issue is they may be a bit spoiled by my much higher threat output at the beginning of a pull, allowing them to dps sooner, but imo it's not just that, swipe is alright but not as good aoe threat as what warriors and paladins have in comparison.

On single target encounters, yes all classes are pretty equal at this point when it comes to threat, however druids are falling behind due to their lack of avoidance making them somewhat trivial. I'm currently at 58% avoidance myself and with some better luck with heroic drops I'll easily break 60%, compared to my druid counterpart who is barely 35% dodge there's no comparison.

My preference is always going to be a warrior for 5 mans due to sunder armor. Pally tanks have been lovely on bosses with adds though.

I'm not sure on damage mitigation as I don't play a healer atm. Tank threat is pretty good these days for all classes and only helps to further differentiate between the bad and the good tanks.

Deleted

this thread fails...

all tank classes can do 5k tps
    all tank classes take "little" dmg (if played by a none-rtard)
    all tank classes can aoe tank (this is more about group skill not the tanks anyway)

tanking is faceroll for any class

either tankadin or unholy dk...why? cuz its an aoe massacre, u can go allout aoe nuke on mobs and never worry bout getting aggro

(not saying other tanks cant do this) unholy dk and tankadin just make it look easy
    Try a frost DK with my spec.

My AoE power is just as great, plus my healer is a lot safer because I rely on an AoE with a much lower cooldown(Howling Blast)

greenmasheen

as a healer i prefer warriors because they have more hp/armor/avoidance, take less spike damage, and can throw up abilities in fights where they inevitably take more damage.