Thread: Holy Talents

  1. #1

    Holy Talents

    Hi guys

    I need some help with holy talents, i new 80 and ill do naxx 10 man and 25man so im lose with all this talents points so ill need some build that you guys think is better for holy PVE.

    I see Disc is good to raid too but with two healers for 10man naxx is good?

    Thanks all




  2. #2

    Re: Holy Talents

    If you are going to be 1 of 2 healers in a 10 man naxx you should pick up circle of healing. Disc is a good spec.. but save it for 25 mans if your guild needs tank healers.

  3. #3

    Re: Holy Talents

    First ill do 10man naxx so i know circle of healing is good but im new 80 priest on Wotlk so ill need some build to see all talents. Remember ill do naxx with two healers pally and priest

    Thanks dude

  4. #4

    Re: Holy Talents

    There are a few unmissable talents as holy.

    Of course, 3/3 meditation is a required spec no matter what you specc for. What you do with the rest of the talents is what matters. Since you're already that deep into meditation, going for inner Focus is definitively also worth it, for cheating the FSR. So 14 points in discipline is a given. Always.

    In the holy tree, First of all, get 2/2 Surge of Light. It totally rocks and you need it no matter what. As holy you will have mana issues galore, and the only way to mitigate it is to cheat the five second rule. Nothing does that like Surge of Light. Free heals and free smites. What's not to love?

    To help Surge of Light proc, you also want Holy Specialization maxed out.

    Spirit of Redemption is also fantastic. The death effect is pretty useless, but 5% spirit is fantastic. Even though spirit is not what it used to be, this means 5% more manaregen. Don't pass up on that!

    Since you are stacking spirit, Spiritual Guidance will further enhance the value of that stat. Don't pass it up either.
    And Spiritual Healing is also just too good to miss.

    And of course, Circle of Healing. It's the best and almost only reason to go deep holy. without it, you're an awkwardly clunky healer with poor manaregen and expensive heals.

    That was the required stuff. In my opinion, everything else is either optional or depends on your style.

    What do you want to do?
    Do you want to be an all-round healer? Priests are good at that.
    Do you want to be the best raidhealer in the game? Priests can do that too.
    But not at the same time.

    ----

    If you want to go for the best raidhealer, know that CoH is a very expensive heal. You will need a lot of manaregen for this to work.
    In this case, you should focus on getting your CoH stronger and cheaper, with focus on cheaper. The only way to do this is to get 5/5 into Mental Agility. Heck, you can even go deep into mental strength, but that will deprive you of the powerful (albeit hard to use) Guardian Spirit. This build will force you into a raidhealer, and depending on your filler talents, you will not be very good at single target healing.

    I wouldn't recommend that route, but it is a possibility. You should probably go for an all-rounder build.
    This means boosting your tank healing capabilities as well. The main talents to look out for is as follows; or talents to typically avoid if you are not stacking for being a MT healer:

    * Divine Fury. Lower the casting time of GHeal. Also helps you farm better
    * Holy Concentration. GHeals cost a ton of mana. This will relieve your poor tortured manapool on spamfights.
    * Improved Holy concentration. Even further relief.
    * Improved Healing. Increase the power of GHeal and fheal. Not bad at all!
    * Serendipity. It's a gamble if you get much from it, but it helps a lot on spamfights like patchwerk.
    * Test of Faith. You will love it when the tank is low and your 15k GHeal crit saves the day.
    * Guardian Spirit. It's hard to use, but it's saved me a lot of tanks. I love it.
    * Inspiration. For tank healing, there is just no better talent. Two priests and a shammy spamming the tank means that this is always up. Very good!

    My personal experience is that that empowered healing isn't that great compared to the stuff you have to give up in order to get it. After Divine providence got its buff to ProM cooldown, there is just no contest any more. But even this talent is omittable if you prefer anything else.

    Desperate Prayer... yes, it's not too bad. It's a tad expensive given its limitations, but it's saved my ass a few times. Bind it to a mouse button.
    Lightwell... I didn't like it before WoTLK, and I still don't. It's gotten better. But it now vanish when I die. And I can't get my guild to use it. So... thumbs down from me. But I still tend to pick it in the hope that I might find a fight where it is actually useful. So far, no cigar.

    Healing Focus will help you while farming. Improved renew is surprisingly subpar compared to in TBC, where renew ticked for 1k at lvl 70, it now ticks for 1170. If you can spare the points, why not, but you'll likely get more out of spell warding. And that's saying a lot.

    My suggested build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    But tweak it as you see fit.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  5. #5

    Re: Holy Talents

    This is the spec I'm rockin right now:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=161321020306

    To me, 80 spell power to every person in the raid (i.e.- imp Divine Spirit) is WAY more valuable than a tank saver that's very tough to know when to use. I mean, the guardian only lasts 10 seconds with a 3 min CD. A good raid will never let the tank die anyway :P

    - Desperate prayer: Not bad, but mana intensive. Of course so is Shield + Renew. Your call, I don't take it but that's me.
    - Surge of Light: WAY more valuable than what I originally thought. CoH & Prayer of Healing = 5 person heals which means 5 more chances to get a critical with a single heal, plus with PoM having the ability to crit... yea you get the picture. Even without gearing for spell crit, I'm critting often enough to make this spell worthwhile. The insta-flash heal hits for ~4k which is plenty to make it worth my time ^.^
    - Lightwell: Not bad again, but lots of people fail to realize the benefits of it so it usually goes to waste. I've seen the top guilds using it in their videos though. If your guild will use it, spec it. If not, it's a wasted talent.
    - CoH: A must have, however not an ability that should be spammed. You will go oom very quickly and that's bad times. Use it when it feels necessary, otherwise keep PoM rolling and renew lots of stuff.
    - Divine Spirit: Already said it, but I'll say it again - 80 spell power to the entire raid = an incredible buff and at least one priest in the raid should have it.

  6. #6

    Re: Holy Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Jullommir
    This is the spec I'm rockin right now:

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=161321020306

    To me, 80 spell power to every person in the raid (i.e.- imp Divine Spirit) is WAY more valuable than a tank saver that's very tough to know when to use. I mean, the guardian only lasts 10 seconds with a 3 min CD. A good raid will never let the tank die anyway :P

    - Desperate prayer: Not bad, but mana intensive. Of course so is Shield + Renew. Your call, I don't take it but that's me.
    - Surge of Light: WAY more valuable than what I originally thought. CoH & Prayer of Healing = 5 person heals which means 5 more chances to get a critical with a single heal, plus with PoM having the ability to crit... yea you get the picture. Even without gearing for spell crit, I'm critting often enough to make this spell worthwhile. The insta-flash heal hits for ~4k which is plenty to make it worth my time ^.^
    - Lightwell: Not bad again, but lots of people fail to realize the benefits of it so it usually goes to waste. I've seen the top guilds using it in their videos though. If your guild will use it, spec it. If not, it's a wasted talent.
    - CoH: A must have, however not an ability that should be spammed. You will go oom very quickly and that's bad times. Use it when it feels necessary, otherwise keep PoM rolling and renew lots of stuff.
    - Divine Spirit: Already said it, but I'll say it again - 80 spell power to the entire raid = an incredible buff and at least one priest in the raid should have it.
    Except for the part that 80 SP gets overwritten by a shaman BASELINE ability: Flametongue totem. And let's not forget Totem of Wrath, which triples the spellpower effect we get from THREE talent points. And of course Demo Warlocks' crit effects giving us 10% increase. None of these stack, the Priest is the worst benefit of Spellpower in the game. So realistically you're missing Test of Faith and Divine Providence to get a buff that's easily over-ridden. Yeah, that's nice to know priorities. Even if no one in your raid has Divine Spirit, 64 Spirit can come from a Warlock through Fel Intelligence (can be talented to 70 even). Don't grab DS if you're Holy, you have too good talents at the bottom of your tree, even without Guardian Spirit.
    If you're Discipline on the other hand, grab DS but still stay the fekk away from Improved, definitely a waste of two talent points. That's my 2 copper's worth.

    Also with the threat situation as it is, you stand alot to gain on your OWN spellpower by dropping Silent Resolve and picking up Improved Inner Fire, because, y'know, last I checked the boss isn't likely to start purging your tank.

    Healing Focus on a side note is also a waste of two talent points, seeing as any Holy Paladin can give you 55% through Improved Concentration Aura, and I still don't think they stack. If you don't want Desperate Prayer or GS (which is awesome imo) I'd run something like this with the last point either in Lightwell or Holy Reach.

    Guardian Spirit is the Last Stand of Priests, you spec into it hoping you never use it but always have it ready.

    Edit: Do you not even read blue posts? You can't spam Circle anyways with a 6 second cooldown >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7

    Re: Holy Talents

    Recomend http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000 but its all about how you play

  8. #8

    Re: Holy Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Except for the part that 80 SP gets overwritten by a shaman BASELINE ability: Flametongue totem. And let's not forget Totem of Wrath, which triples the spellpower effect we get from THREE talent points. And of course Demo Warlocks' crit effects giving us 10% increase. None of these stack, the Priest is the worst benefit of Spellpower in the game. So realistically you're missing Test of Faith and Divine Providence to get a buff that's easily over-ridden. Yeah, that's nice to know priorities. Even if no one in your raid has Divine Spirit, 64 Spirit can come from a Warlock through Fel Intelligence (can be talented to 70 even). Don't grab DS if you're Holy, you have too good talents at the bottom of your tree, even without Guardian Spirit.
    If you're Discipline on the other hand, grab DS but still stay the fekk away from Improved, definitely a waste of two talent points. That's my 2 copper's worth.

    Also with the threat situation as it is, you stand alot to gain on your OWN spellpower by dropping Silent Resolve and picking up Improved Inner Fire, because, y'know, last I checked the boss isn't likely to start purging your tank.

    Healing Focus on a side note is also a waste of two talent points, seeing as any Holy Paladin can give you 55% through Improved Concentration Aura, and I still don't think they stack. If you don't want Desperate Prayer or GS (which is awesome imo) I'd run something like this with the last point either in Lightwell or Holy Reach.

    Guardian Spirit is the Last Stand of Priests, you spec into it hoping you never use it but always have it ready.

    Edit: Do you not even read blue posts? You can't spam Circle anyways with a 6 second cooldown >.>
    Good to see people that know what they're talking about.
    /highfive

  9. #9

    Re: Holy Talents

    Spirit and Crit are your friends. Holy Concentration procs only off crits now, Surge of light is awesome if you use it well.
    My favourite build is: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVsbzhxtZdxtcc0aihVso
    Mental strength is awesome cause it gives both mana and crit through intellect, tho that's just my play style, you might not like it
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

  10. #10

    Re: Holy Talents

    Thank you all

  11. #11

    Re: Holy Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Spirit and Crit are your friends. Holy Concentration procs only off crits now, Surge of light is awesome if you use it well.
    My favourite build is: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVsbzhxtZdxtcc0aihVso
    Mental strength is awesome cause it gives both mana and crit through intellect, tho that's just my play style, you might not like it
    More crits is more overheal, more overheal is also more Serendipity procs, which is more mana return. It's a talent than any good holy priest should have maxed out.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  12. #12

    Re: Holy Talents

    @ Kelesti: you fail just by making posts with that color.. the rest you posted in this post i mostly agree..

  13. #13

    Re: Holy Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

    Edit: Do you not even read blue posts? You can't spam Circle anyways with a 6 second cooldown >.>
    Do you not even play a priest? CoH has no cooldown. You just ruined everything you said in your post with that stupid ass comment.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,166

    Re: Holy Talents

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawlin
    Do you not even play a priest? CoH has no cooldown. You just ruined everything you said in your post with that stupid ass comment.
    Do YOU even play a priest, AND read the blue's posts? CoH and the druid AOE hot will get 6 seconds cooldown in the next patch. Supposedly they will also fix mindflay
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •