Thread: Pally tanks

Pally tanks

yea so we had 2 pally tanks on 4 horsemen, and unless the taunted at the same time it was a mess, so yea 2 pally tanks on 4 horsemen till they get a single taunt is retarded.

Re: Pally tanks

Pally tanks and taunt don't synergize well with multiple mobs.. I had that trouble In ZA when we had those bears we had to seperate, I ended up taunting both warbears and getting slaughtered because he couldn't out TPS me..

That said.. Our taunt is now on a 8 second cooldown and costs no mana.. Besides.. why would you have trouble on 4 Horsemen?

You only need taunts off Rivendare and Thane, so long as they're only keeping threat on those mobs, you'll be fine. You're doing something wrong.

You only need taunts off Rivendare and Thane, so long as they're only keeping threat on those mobs, you'll be fine. You're doing something wrong.
    what hes trying to say is you cannot taunt the 2 melee bosses with 2 pally tanks due to the fact untill the patch we lack the ability to taunt only 1 of them. having pally + 1 is fine as pally can just taunt 1st and have other taken off him. but with 2 pallys this is impossible.

This is easy if you know how to do it, Let the 1st pally taunt off both mobs and then let another class with taunt abilities(DK,Warrior,Druid) taunt one and u taunt it off him. Easy !

I think you can also Use the Hunters MD to separate the two meelees and tank them in different corners - now you can taunt without affecting both targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Holypaladin
    This is easy if you know how to do it, Let the 1st pally taunt off both mobs and then let another class with taunt abilities(DK,Warrior,Druid) taunt one and u taunt it off him. Easy !
    The point is that it's not tankadin/other, it's tankadin/tankadin.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph your damn shields? which you should do going into every naxx and go back when doing heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    The point is that it's not tankadin/other, it's tankadin/tankadin.
    Yes tankadin/tankadin... with a dps class with taunt taunting one of em and then you taunt off the DPS..

1.You Meet.
    2.Tankadin 1 taunts both mobs.
    3.(DK,Warrior,Druid) Taunts the one tankadin 2 needs.
    4. Tankadin 2 taunts off the(DK,warrior,Druid).
    5. Both tankadins now got their mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Glyph your damn shields? which you should do going into every naxx and go back when doing heroics.
    I think someone here doesn't understand the fight mechanics at ALL.

AS =/= RD.

RD, due to it pulling up to three targets off a FRIENDLY player, will put BOTH melee bosses on you. Then, when the other paladin uses HIS taunt, both melee bosses will be on HIM. At this point, there's no real way to get one of the bosses off him, as both tanks have ridiculously high threat and no way to taunt just one off the other.

apparently i have been told it can be done if timed well but LOL like that will ever happen, and we didnt have any thing else with a taunt in the raid ( except for me being the resto druid but yea....i guess i could of went bear and taunted then went back to healing) but yea w/e.

Here's some extra mechanics for you:

When you taunt a mob, you gain 100% of the threat from the player the mob was previously on. Mob is on Player 1. Player 1 has X amount of aggro. Player 2 taunts off of player 1. Both player 1 and 2 each have X amount of aggro. Both paladins can taunt and each deal dmg to their respective mob and pull threat off the other one. You just can't do aoe abilities. It worked fine with my group. We run up, meet in the mid, both taunt, SHoR, judge, move mob away, AS, and mob's on us. No real trouble there or difficult tanking mechanics.

Why did you even bother to try the encounter with 2 pallies?

Having 2 prot pallies is pretty dumb for starters, and taunt makes you = on threat and just hit them, like stated previously. simple