Retribution dmg at 80

Now that a lot of paladins reached 80, i would like to know what do you think of Retribution paladin at 80.

I personally am very disapointed by the damage output of ret at lvl 80 (that's what I was afraid of), it's really a shame that after crusader strike + divine storm + judging i am only able to do that barely visible amount of damage...What's your opinion about this ?
    {broken sig link}

Re: Retribution dmg at 80

Quote Originally Posted by sixkills
    Now that a lot of paladins reached 80, i would like to know what do you think of Retribution paladin at 80.

I personally am very disapointed by the damage output of ret at lvl 80 (that's what I was afraid of), it's really a shame that after crusader strike + divine storm + judging i am only able to do that barely visible amount of damage...What's your opinion about this ?
    I personally am very disapointed by all those FOTM rets that rolled the class in pursuit of being the "ultimate PWNZOR class of them all!" and haven't got any prior clue as to how Retribution works. With all due respect, we now have one more button to press in our rotation than we had pre-patch and only FOTM ret can even whine about it. Adds new challenge to the class - now you have even more clashing cds that you need to perfect. This is how ret is, few direct abilities (although upkeeping permanent cd of judg, CS, DS and consec, watching DP cooldown, keeping track of LoH, DI and HoP cooldowns as well as staring at Forbearance timer keeps me quite busy), and looong weapon swing timer. Get used to it or troll off and get back to your old main...

I am not disapointed, how much dps are you doing? am at 2.2k on average and my gear is pretty bad(starting to get out of the quest blues now and am far below the hit cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey235
    What u have just said really does not make any sense. The question was about damage and you failed to even comment on that. Check yourself buddy and learn to understand.

I have not hit 80 yet but the talk was that I was going to waste my time getting my pally to 80 and then be let down. As for damage, I still do fairly well for 77. It will be interesting to see what is going to happen when blizzard does something.
    I haven't failed. OP does not state what is the issue, whether low dps or whatnot. OP says the tools are limited: "crusader strike + divine storm + judging i am only able to do that barely visible amount of damage" where I reply saying that we now have even one more abilities than we had before. Regarding that barely visible amount of damage, my white hits do significant portion of my overall damage. So can't really consider OP as anything else but A)FoTM whiner or B) troll. If OP had provided more evidence to base his claims on (be it recount screens, WWS reports), explained problem, then sure, let's talk. But what OP said is that he wants more buttons to push because he wants to see big numbers.

Regarding dps output - I am very happy with my dps. Ending high enough in charts to feel like being dps class and bringing way too much bundled utility to make my epeen even bigger.