Re: DK frost PVP spec?

BG

or

Arena?

If Arena, which bracket will you mostly be playing? BG specs are very different than Arena specs.

Mostly Arena all brackets if i can find some decent partners and Premade BG's. What im aiming for is survivability with damage as well as a CC (Hungering Cold)

Edit: i didn't spec into imp icy touch because chains of ice will become my replacement for icy touch with the glyph (dealing more damage) and the spec into hungering cold which makes my CoI inflect frost fever so basically i got myself a Stronger Icy touch with a great snare effect

Edit #2: sorry for the double edit but now that i look at my spec some more should i move the 2 points in Anticipation to Vicious Strikes? because i will be using Plague strike a lot for the disease as well as death strike for a little HP back

For PvP, here are my thoughts:

Chilblains is a MUST! Drop Death Rune Master in Blood for this. All your frost/unholy runes turning to death runes is useless, considering all your spells will mostly require that, except the occasional pestilence/blood strike.

Rime is as well. 15% chance for no rune cost Howling Blast is NOT something you should pass up, especially with Hungering Cold + It inflicting everything with Frost Fever. Pop out Deathchill + No Rune Cost Howling Blast for instant crit for big damage. Drop Runic Power Mastery for this. You will rarely have that much runic power.

Rune Tap is a MUST for ANY PvP spec. Even if it's non improved. I'd suggest dropping Unbreakable Armor for it. It's armor bonus does nothing in PvP, with all the armor penetration, executioner, expose/sunder armor, etc, running around.

Just doing that, this is what I would do:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

There are other changes I'd make, but those are on personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    For PvP, here are my thoughts:

Chilblains is a MUST! Drop Death Rune Master in Blood for this. All your frost/unholy runes turning to death runes is useless, considering all your spells will mostly require that, except the occasional pestilence/blood strike.

Rime is as well. 15% chance for no rune cost Howling Blast is NOT something you should pass up, especially with Hungering Cold + It inflicting everything with Frost Fever. Pop out Deathchill + No Rune Cost Howling Blast for instant crit for big damage. Drop Runic Power Mastery for this. You will rarely have that much runic power.

Rune Tap is a MUST for ANY PvP spec. Even if it's non improved. I'd suggest dropping Unbreakable Armor for it. It's armor bonus does nothing in PvP, with all the armor penetration, executioner, expose/sunder armor, etc, running around.

Just doing that, this is what I would do:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

There are other changes I'd make, but those are on personal preference.
    Did you hear what he said? He's going to be using CoI exclusively... Why is 20% speed reduction a "MUST"? Those three points aren't necessary, use em somewhere else.

You are right, DRM is useless unless you're blood. The only reason that's good to begin with is to have more blood runes at the cost of using unholy and frost runes, which you'll want as a frostknight. Rune Tap and IRT is completely necessary. It might as well be baseline cause every PvP DK should have this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightmare
    Did you hear what he said? He's going to be using CoI exclusively... Why is 20% speed reduction a "MUST"? Those three points aren't necessary, use em somewhere else.

You are right, DRM is useless unless you're blood. The only reason that's good to begin with is to have more blood runes at the cost of using unholy and frost runes, which you'll want as a frostknight. Rune Tap and IRT is completely necessary. It might as well be baseline cause every PvP DK should have this.
    you do know that all the common arena specs skip out on RT / IRT

just thought i should put in some input. Frost spec is really only great for 3s- in 2s unholy is def the way to go- the massive amounts of interupts / extra survivability from spells = AMAZING!

Err, don't make up Frost specs. There's already a prominent Frost spec existing. 15/53/3

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gos&n=Cerberuz

You'll see some alterations with other people but this is the basic idea.

LOL. I didn't read their posts so I didn't see someone say that. Runetap? A must? Do you even know what it does?-_-

Thread necro is bad mmk?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Thread necro is bad mmk?
    I've been wondering what you're trying to say. I still don't get it=/

here is ur BGs and Arena Frost spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192

Quote Originally Posted by PwnTaco
    here is ur BGs and Arena Frost spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192
    Scent of Blood > Dark Conviction.

1st, Lichborne is a no no. Pallys will just fear u around making u feel llike a bitch deep inside.

2nd, RT/IRT I'd use for bgs not so much for arenas (depending on your partner).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_BunnySanta

2nd, Lichborne is a no no. Pallys will just fear u around making u feel llike a bitch deep inside.

3rd, RT/IRT I'd use for bgs not so much for arenas (depending on your partner).

Why would you use Lichborne against a ret? I'm not sure if you're using common sense here.

IRT in Frost spec? You'd have to skip Virulence and a few points good points in Frost tree to get that. And no, it's not even necessary. Not even in BG's. In BG's people are supposed to go offensive with their specs rather than defensive as you don't get focused by opponents unlike in Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberuz
    Why would you use Lichborne against a ret? I'm not sure if you're using common sense here.
    You can cancel the undead buff it gives you now.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    You can cancel the undead buff it gives you now.
    Yeah. Good thing they did. I'm tired of wasting my Mind Freeze to interrupt that fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberuz
    I've been wondering what you're trying to say. I still don't get it=/
    It's hard to believe that you are this retarded...but I'll clear it up for you.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING ORIGINAL POST DATE!!!