Boomkin Questions. hit cap n such

I'm trying to find out the hit cap for boomkins, im about 157-158 with the improved insect swarm. Also whats a good haulting point for Crit chance what percent?

Re: Boomkin Questions. hit cap n such

The Hit Cap against Lv 83 Bosses (as in the Raid Dungeons) is 17%.
    Depending on your Talents you need additional 10-13% which are 262-341, if you want to reduce your misses to 0.000%.

cap is 262 with improved Faerie Fire (not insect swarm) or a shadowpriest's Misery debuff.

as for crit i tend never to stack it. to me it's just potential damage, while spell power or haste is constant damage increase. crit is a nice bonus.
    i'm thinking with end game gear you'll be around 25-30% chance to crit, without all the affecting crit buffs you can get / talents (magic focus, totem of wrath, blue eclipse, etc.)
    Boom.

Deleted

You want to reach 17% +hit. You get 4% from BoP, 3% from Misery/iFF, and 1% from dranei presence if you're alliance. So you want to get 10% from items when horde and 9% from items when alliance.

1% hit rating = 26.23 hit rating at level 80.
    If you're horde, the hit cap is at ~262.
    If you're alliance, the hit cap is at ~236.

correct and also incorrect.

262 is the right number if you spec into IFF or have a SP in the raid. On 25 mans this is a given, however on 10mans, it is not. Thus be prepared to respec into IFF if needed or have the gear to make it work.

IFF also doesn't stack or even apply if you have a SP in the raid (tried and failed) though on look back it might have been Feral FF along with misery to make it not hit.

Deleted

He is a moonkin, so iFF should be a given if there aren't any SP (it forces a respec, but should be worth it unless the raid composition is really strange)

Deleted

While i agree on the cases in which iFF is usefull or not, my conclusion differs : iFF is a talent that i clearly won't take if there's an spriest in our raid but to which i would respec even for just an evening if the priest is not there (25 man). For 10 man i'd probably get a spec with iFF.
    All others should still strive to reach the hit cap without those 3% as it is possible that neither a moonkin nor an spriest could make it to a raid, but it's a talent that the raid should be able to count on as soon as one of those two specs is present as it enables all other casters to squeeze out that much more dps from their gemming/enchant/item selection.