Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Free transfers, Blue posts

US Realms - Free Character Transfers
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

All transfers to the realm Drak'Tharon have been closed as we have reached the specified timeframe for this realm.

We have extended the timeframe for the transfers to the Oceanic realm Gundrak. These transfers will close on Monday, December 8, at 12:00pm PST (December 9, 7:00am AEDT). We are also including the PvE realm Saurfang as a source realm to ensure those who wanted to play on a PvP server can continue to do so.

Source (PvP)
    Dreadmaul
    Barthilas
    Thaurissan
    Frostmourne
    Jubei’thos

We are also allowing transfers from this PvE realm:
    Saurfang

Destination (PvP)
    Gundrak
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dual-spec switching
    When they are actually in the game we'll have more details for you, but the idea is that you'll be able to switch between two specs much easier than porting to a home city, resetting talents, clicking a whole bunch, and setting up the new abilities on your action bars.

Simplifying mana regeneration stats
    This is something that is totally on our radar. Mana regen requires looking at a lot of different numbers and we'd like to simplify it, without losing any of the interesting gear options that players have. (Source)

Ooooh, it'll reset the action bars too?
    It's something that was brought up as a possibility, but it isn't a guarantee until it's in the game. I just listed the process as it is right now and we want to make things go smoother. (Source)

Malygos Vortex nerf and class diversity
    The Malygos Vortex is the kind of thing we have to do to challenge AE healing because otherwise groups can pretty much trivialize it. This is one of the reasons we think Wild Growth and Circle of Healing need to be nerfed. If those spells aren't so powerful, then vortex and similar moments don't have to be so intense either and we'll be able to nerf it if needed. (Source)

Gotta Go!" Achievement
    We're going to add some time to the completion timer in an upcoming patch so obtaining the achievement won't require the more extreme group compositions and strategies being used. (Source)

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Druid scaling
    -- When you talk about scaling, you have to separate a few different issues:
    1) Does the class / talent / spell scale?
    2) Does it scale well once it has good gear?
    3) Does that gear actually exist?
    4) Is it readily available or is it hard to get?
    -- Some classes complain about having too many stats and others about not having enough stats. They are just different class styles. There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
    -- Our goal is not that every stat is useful for you.
    -- Our goal is not that only stats which are useful for you appear on your gear.
    -- One of the interesting things about resto seems to be that there is some player preference involved in how you heal. Some use Regrowth a lot now, others use Healing Touch, and others stick with rolling blooms. While it may end up that someone can prove one of those strategies sufficiently trumps the others, for now it is cool to see the experimentation.
    -- That said, we do worry if Nourish's niche is too narrow. We'll see. It is getting compared to heals with very good glyphs affecting them. (Source)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Holy Paladins
    I think it's a bit premature to declare that Holy paladins (or any healer really) can't keep up. In situations where a paladin can really benefit from Beacon, it may in fact be hard for others to keep up, but that won't be every fight.

If you look at the guilds who are doing the (current) end game content, they are using a lot of Holy pallys and those guys never seem to run out of mana. So presumably there are plenty of situations where they really shine. (Source)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (9095))
    Warlock Rotations
    We have been talking about a couple of different approaches to warlock rotations. One is to try and make more of the dots last around the same duration so you aren't watching them quite so much. Another is just to lower the standard rotation from having so many dots. These are both things we are working on but it's too early to say what the changes will end up being. (Source)

Re: Free transfers, Blue posts

Had been wondering about the "Gotta Go" achievement. While only having run the Heroic minimally, the concept of downing him in the 2 minute time period seems a bit based on random luck if he submerges too often.

Admitedly, I may be missing something like "Just nuke hime fast enough". /shrug.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladins
    I think it's a bit premature to declare that Holy paladins (or any healer really) can't keep up. In situations where a paladin can really benefit from Beacon, it may in fact be hard for others to keep up, but that won't be every fight.

If you look at the guilds who are doing the (current) end game content, they are using a lot of Holy pallys and those guys never seem to run out of mana. So presumably there are plenty of situations where they really shine. (Source)
    Yet another Illumination nerf inc?
    -.-

I saw the 10man Sartharion(w/e his name is) vid yesterday. That paladin didnt seem to have problems with mana, even though he went low sometimes.

US Realms - Free Character Transfers
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

All transfers to the realm Drak'Tharon have been closed as we have reached the specified timeframe for this realm.

We have extended the timeframe for the transfers to the Oceanic realm Gundrak. These transfers will close on Monday, December 8, at 12:00pm PST (December 9, 7:00am AEDT). We are also including the PvE realm Saurfang as a source realm to ensure those who wanted to play on a PvP server can continue to do so.

Source (PvP)
    Dreadmaul
    Barthilas
    Thaurissan
    Frostmourne
    Jubei’thos

We are also allowing transfers from this PvE realm:
    Saurfang

Destination (PvP)
    Gundrak
    I'll make a first post just to say...this is Awesome....people have begged and pleaded and now blizzard has delivered something great to all the poor saps stuck on Saurfang against their will!!

I was not one of those poor saps, but my heart goes out to them...

Now you guys can chill with me on Gundrak..ahhaha 8)

Holy Paladins

every guild is doing the current endgame content...and may I just say that this implies that they know what they're doing and that they are not just following the "take the people who you like to your raids"-concept that blizz propagated so widely?
    on an offhand note: even first-kill-all-day-player-raid-guilds don't always make the best character choises or don't always know their classes best...
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

The blue post about holy paladin is weird. He is saying that they have endless mana when the discussion is about them keeping up with the healing. aoe etc.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by snux
    The blue post about holy paladin is weird. He is saying that they have endless mana when the discussion is about them keeping up with the healing. aoe etc.
    ???
    no... he says that class must be different.. not almost same like now.. they dont have aoe healing.. yet they have infinitive mana which others doesnt..

etc etc

I have to agree with the devs about Holy pallies. I do have to try a little hard (which is a good thing!) to make top meters but the fact that I CAN make top meters really shows how far they have gone for holy. I do not have mana problems in most situations (and if I do I have divine plea and can melee) and I 100% am enjoying the changes. This is the direction devs want to go for healers. I hope they continue down this path for other classes as well.

I hope they will not forget to implement dual glyph with the dual spec system so you don't have to always buy new glyph when you switch...

Dual-spec switching
    When they are actually in the game we'll have more details for you, but the idea is that you'll be able to switch between two specs much easier than porting to a home city, resetting talents, clicking a whole bunch, and setting up the new abilities on your action bars.
    I just wanted to quote this so all the fucking idiots who are saying this feature should require us to visit a city are fucking assholes. Why piss in the mouth of a good thing? Dual specs is useful even for pure DPS classes. GO THE FUCK HOME AND STOP TRYING TO NERF DUAL SPECS. The developers know what they want and it seems to coincide with what I want.

I would love for the Glyphs and Bars to switch, but as a DOMINOS user, this will probably bring many headaches into the area of bar modifications. Such is life, I lived without 'em before, I can deal again.
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

The problem with Paladin healers have never been healing during raids for their best task. The problem has been healing outside their main task (something the other classes have no problem with at all), and above all it has been one of boredom (you CAN'T perform outside the main role).

Additionally, the reason Paladins are so mana efficient is that they are limited to the single-target role, and then to perform that role they are more or less forced to use the games most efficient heal (FoL) with the occasional HL when there is a period of increased damage.

The end effect is that Paladins are crippled for situations where people rely on them and only them (MGT, anyone?) when the content requires more than single-target, and bored to death when there is little timing or spell alteration during raids. Pushing two buttons isn't fun, simple as that, especially not when those two buttons do exactly the same thing.

I speak from experience. A very, very, bored experience.

As Mahtamori says they are very good for that specific main role but less than mediocre when straying from that role.
    Personally I probably wouldn't get a paladin over another healing class for any instances.

The druid can do what the paladin does and more, so.. yeah. hi durid.

The two other specs as a paladin are fine however.
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

So the paladins are wishing they were more like other classes?

Am I getting that you guys would like to have homogenized classes? Perhaps we should give rogues an AOE Heal that puts everyone back up to full health? for 2 energy? And let them get a point of dodge and parry for every 5 points of agility? Then we can all just stand around and collect epics.

L2 Role, you are healadins, not shaman/priests/druids. You stand in the corner and wiggle your fingers and shut up.
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by hosehead
    So the paladins are wishing they were more like other classes?

Am I getting that you guys would like to have homogenized classes? Perhaps we should give rogues an AOE Heal that puts everyone back up to full health? for 2 energy? And let them get a point of dodge and parry for every 5 points of agility? Then we can all just stand around and collect epics.

L2 Role, you are healadins, not shaman/priests/druids. You stand in the corner and wiggle your fingers and shut up.
    When it comes to healing, we are EXACTLY like every other class. If and only if you remove all useful spells except the fast and slow direct heal. The only difference is that the fast heal is more mana efficient.

No, it's more like: take away gouge, blind, sap, shadow step, garrote, and all poisons from Rogues. Then reduce the energy cost of Sinister Strike and Eviscerate by 5. There, now you've got a Holy-Paladin-ized version of a Rogue.
    Now, I don't play a Rogue, so you'd probably have to remove MORE abilities to make a proper analogy. But basically, reduce the Rogue down to TWO abilities with maybe 3 highly situational ones (that are preferably on 5 minute cooldowns) and make them energy efficient.

Edit: I still write "we" inspite of no longer playing one

OMG.

That CM about Holy Pala is absolutely demagogic.

I'm Holyladin, with quite a good gear for this addon begining. In 25-man encouters, i can almost just /follow someone in all events. I 'm totaly useless, i just beat records in overhealing.

We are single target healer in a World of AoECraft. Everybody is 100% life within the time of my FoL (1 sec). The tanks aren't taken so much damage, and are of course healed by the AoE and even direct heal of any other healer classes.

6 times in Naxx, 6 times i felt asleep on my Keyboard.

And yesterday ... i try to do my Dailies without to respect Ret ... after 15 mn, i just bought a rope ...

I'm extremely deceipt and thinking seriously to stop my way in the game as i do not wish to level-up another char.

Rhada.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanten
    OMG.

That CM about Holy Pala is absolutely demagogic.

I'm Holyladin, with quite a good gear for this addon begining. In 25-man encouters, i can almost just /follow someone in all events. I 'm totaly useless, i just beat records in overhealing.

We are single target healer in a World of AoECraft. Everybody is 100% life within the time of my FoL (1 sec). The tanks aren't taken so much damage, and are of course healed by the AoE and even direct heal of any other healer classes.

6 times in Naxx, 6 times i felt asleep on my Keyboard.

And yesterday ... i try to do my Dailies without to respect Ret ... after 15 mn, i just bought a rope ...

I'm extremely deceipt and thinking seriously to stop my way in the game as i do not wish to level-up another char.

Rhada.
    well, with dual-specs incoming.... when that happens again you'll be able to switch to ret and dps ... isntead of feeling useless

Quote Originally Posted by hosehead

You seem so full of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysonel
    well, with dual-specs incoming.... when that happens again you'll be able to switch to ret and dps ... isntead of feeling useless
    The problem is we do not have any news about this. We just know we'll not have to go to a main city. But will it be free ?

It cost me 100 gold per day to respect just to do my dailies ... will it be free with that dual-spec ? We do not know.

Rhada.

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis
    no... he says that class must be different.. not almost same like now.. they dont have aoe healing.. yet they have infinitive mana which others doesnt..

etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    I saw the 10man Sartharion(w/e his name is) vid yesterday. That paladin didnt seem to have problems with mana, even though he went low sometimes.
    In regards to these two. You make it seem like the other healers were totally OOM and the paladin was the only one healing. All healers have endless mana in that situation.