Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Feral weapon enchant?

To answer some questions about the berserking enchant:

1) Its proc rate is about the same percent as mongoose (at least once a minute with the chance to double-proc and refresh itself)

and

2) It should never to be the ideal enchant for feral tanks due to the drastic drop in armor (25% to total value)

In my guild, I dps in our 25 man runs since we have an overflow of tanks and I am wearing 5 pieces of the Heroic T-7 gear, so when everything on bosses goes off, I am usually sitting around 53-56% crit for my shreds, white attacks, and the occasional mangle. Since I have 2 more special abilities that don't have a crit chance and are only affected by boosts in ap, this enchant is wonderful as its an overall boost in damages done in my opinion. Sine mongoose still gives us the +120 agility and the attack speed bonus, its great for tanks and i would suggest this for any feral dps who is running in gear prior to the stats of the T-7 gear. But after you gain a certain amount of crit, its a good idea to get the massacre enchant or spend the cash on berserking enchant since the raw ap affects all your output as opposed to just half of them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzun
    Who taught you how to do math?
    Berserking is 560AP with SR

160 is 40% of 400.
    + another 10% from talents and you come up with 616 AP from Berserking enchant

Being, in my experience, that ferals end up being the oh shit tanks, having an armor reduction chant when you might need to pop into bear to save a healer or the raid itself seems risky.

If you go expressly as dps and are never expected to tank then yep, berserking is a phenomenal dps chant.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    I was thinking 2 different enchants (I dont play feral much)

Mongoose or Beserking for dps.

Maybe executioner or agi for tanking......
    Please don't say anything if you don't know a shit what you are talking about, Why the hell would executioner be good for tanking? ??? ??? ???

I am currently using berserking (400 ap on proc) on my Journey's End for dps and using mongoose (will change to the stam enchant) for tankin on my Origion of Nightmares. Some will disagree for the stam enchant but imo its worth it.. im in full t7.5 and 25 man gear so im already about 43-45% raidbuffed dodge without mongoose procd and anything higher then that ur risking the huge diminishing returns. Once u get to about 45% dodge then just stack stam.

Quote Originally Posted by thespatula
    Being, in my experience, that ferals end up being the oh shit tanks, having an armor reduction chant when you might need to pop into bear to save a healer or the raid itself seems risky.

If you go expressly as dps and are never expected to tank then yep, berserking is a phenomenal dps chant.
    you can always have a handy a second staff in ur backback for that matter
    kitty num num

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    Why bother with BC enchants ?

One thing I cringe at, is when someone says they are a tank, but have level 70 gear/gems/enchants lol.. The other day I saw a tank with his Violet hold badge and a brewmaster trinket!!

I got the feral staff from H-violet hold and added 85 AP - although I am not a tank, I would still not use BC enchants If i were lol
    blizzard has yet to give us a better tanking enchant, 22 agi to 1 handers is the only new agi weapon enchant, and while the patch brings 70 sta to weapons many will stick to mongoose tell it has a avoidance based replacement as hp is cheep these days for druid tanks avoidance is hard to come by. and yes 35 agi become old school when 3.0.2 hit and finnaly let our chants be worth geting, now if only the new changes to weapons and druids would make twinking a level 29 druid easy with a + weapon dammage chant LOL (not that i have a 29 druid just thinking of more uses for chants)
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodad
    blizzard has yet to give us a better tanking enchant, 22 agi to 1 handers is the only new agi weapon enchant, and while the patch brings 70 sta to weapons many will stick to mongoose tell it has a avoidance based replacement as hp is cheep these days for druid tanks avoidance is hard to come by. and yes 35 agi become old school when 3.0.2 hit and finnaly let our chants be worth geting, now if only the new changes to weapons and druids would make twinking a level 29 druid easy with a + weapon dammage chant LOL (not that i have a 29 druid just thinking of more uses for chants)
    26agil to 1 handers but that is neither hear nor there because you would be silly to put this on your staff

15+ Year Old Account

i got mongooze for tanking atm but i got to say that new +75 stamina one looks verry nice aswel ;D. yeh i probely stick whit mongooze i love avoidence especaily since i lack it :/ (only 39% dodge)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE