Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Anyone miss the day when Rets didn't have to fight for their weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    so we can go back to having Tier Tokens with only 3 classes on them, with an equal 30% droprate...
    My personal favorite part about TBC was how 10% of the time, bosses just neglected to drop a tier token.

@Offhand

Sadly, the betrayer of humanity is the best dps 2H weapon in the game right now. Way to put agi on an axe when there are 3 perfectly good polearms for hunters that are comparable...

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    In TBC, I rarely had to compete with anyone for a 2-H weapon with Strength on it, as Arms warriors rarely (if ever) made their presence felt in a 25 man. Sure there would sometimes be a weapon that both a Ret and a Hunter would want (Felspine) but I was never concerned over who would get the Torch when it dropped, etc.

Now, I have to compete with every freaking person in the universe for my DPS stick, as I have to outroll/outbid:

- Arms Warriors (now very viable in 25 man)
    - Fury Warriors (who need 2, as TG is where it's at)
    - Deathknight DPS (you may have seen 1 or 10000 of them in HP recently)
    - Deathknight TANKS (failed itemization is fail)

and coming soon..

- Feral Druids (FAP staves goodbye, 2-H maces...hellllloooo!)

Seeing as there are usually only a few non-Hunter 2-H weapons per tier, the fact that I have to fight for it against so many people kinda saddens me. I know that most casters hated the itemization changes because they feared having to fight over gear, but I'm willing to bet there are 2x as many Caster Maces, Staves, Swords and Daggers as there are 2-H physical DPS weapons =(

ferals will go for the stats over the damage, and you have to roll against other rets too btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfsaar
    My personal favorite part about TBC was how 10% of the time, bosses just neglected to drop a tier token.
    This is what I thought when I read it at first too :P I will certainly miss that 3% drop rate on my tokens though. It will be so notice-able.

RNG will always be RNG. I have a guildy that was duel wielding Dragon's Call until she got to outlands on her warrior. If you have bad luck getting your tier token, I hardly think that 3% would have made a huge difference.

QQ more over your beatstick.
    Caster daggers are wanted by: Mages, Warlocks, Moonkins, Ele Shamans and Spriests.
    Healer daggers are wanted by: Trees, Shamans, Priests.
    Healer Maces are wanted by: Trees, Shamans, Priests, Paladins.
    Caster/Healing Staves are wanted by: Mages, Warlocks, Druids, Shamans, Priests
    1H Maces are wanted by: Rogues, Warriors, DKs, Shamans
    1H Swords are wanted by: Rogues, Warriors, DKs, (Sometimes hunters).
    1H Axes are wanted by: Warriors, DKs, Shamans, (sometimes Hunters).
    1H Fists are wanted by: Warriors, Rogues, Shamans.
    1H Daggers: Rogues and sometimes Hunters.
    Feral Staves: Bears/Kitties and melee mages.
    Ranged: Warriors, Rogues, Hunters
    You get the point.

Your 2H Weapon is wanted by: DKs, Paladins, Warriors. (Not hunters since no hunter should be taking a Strength weapon.)

If you want to complain about itemization, complain that daggers should be better for more classes, as should feral staves. While you and that arms warrior liked seeing a 2H melee weapon Pre-LK, no one else did but tanks who liked to have to them to collect dust. A 2H drop in BC was wasted loot except for the first two times, where as any other piece would be needed 5-10 times.
    Every other class but dagger Rogues has to roll against equal or more people than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Sadly, the betrayer of humanity is the best dps 2H weapon in the game right now. Way to put agi on an axe when there are 3 perfectly good polearms for hunters that are comparable...
    Trust me, I know. Shivering felsipne was the second best weapon in TBC and it was a hunter weapon as well. It wasn't perfectly optimized for arms warriorsor ret paladins.

BTW, the idea all along was was to itemize plate wearing dps'ers along the same stats and gear anyway. Look no further than titan's grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    Is there anything retardins don't complain about?
    They complain about a lot... I'm a pally too with a set of gear for protection (main), holy (2nd offset), and retribution (3rd offset) and I don't mind at all about having to compete with other people for offset dps weapons. I think it's only fair that other people get to roll on weapons with us.