Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Define the Trees for me please.

Blood is great, not quite 80 yet, but I have tanked a few things and had no problem. That aside, I have also been in heroics with a blood as the tank and found no problem either.

The only things the other trees have are the cooldowns, which with the up and coming changes wont be much of a difference.

IMO:

Blood = Self Healer, great sustained DPS. Mostly Physical Damage.
    Frost = Burst Damage, iffy sustained DPS. Mostly Magical Damage.
    Unholy = Good DPS, Pet also does Good DPS. Together, sustained DPS is decent. Mix of Physical + Magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You do know "possible" is synonymous to "viable"?
    Blood is very viable i agree, but don't limit frost just to UBA!!! Look at guile of gorefiend, it does something very nice for tanking! You can still rune tap lots with my build too! ;D

clicky for armory

As someone whos got a set of tier 7 25man DK tanking gear already, I can safely say raid quality Blood tanking is no problem what so ever.

My DK has over 31% Parry and 23% dodge in addition to 36,000+ hp and 64% armor buffed in raids (thats better avoidance than my 7/8 piece T6 warrior back in tbc and I've still got big areas I could improve). Sorry but if you think Bloods unviable cos of mitigation problems your wrong. Its viable like a Feral Druid it doesnt just have to be a MT it can attually dps amazingly well while offering a decent set of buffs.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ight&n=Codface
    Please note this might be in Blood Stance thus lower hp and armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    Blood is very viable i agree, but don't limit frost just to UBA!!! Look at guile of gorefiend, it does something very nice for tanking! You can still rune tap lots with my build too! ;D
    I like the increase in duration on IF, it's especially nice for AoE tanking, which usually lasts longer then fighting a single high health/high damage mob.

I don't like giving up certain frost talents, epidemic and virulence in favor of rune tap, it's not THAT awesome.

To be honest, I think Unbreakable Armor is probably the weakest of all 3 tanking active talents.

the armor is only a 5% damage reduction, 10% parry is nice, but nothing to "wow" at + needs a glyph or it's only 5% parry.

I think Blood is viable not because of its dumbass Blood Tap or Vampric Nonsense. But because all the really essential tanking talents are located in Tier 1 of all trees. Anticipation, Toughness, Blade Barrier. Get all three of those and voila, you can tank. Do you really think X Spec can tank because of the 1 Min CD they have on X ability? No, because you would get destroyed inbetween cooldowns. They help of course, but they dont make or break the DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimien
    I think Blood is viable not because of its dumbass Blood Tap or Vampric Nonsense. But because all the really essential tanking talents are located in Tier 1 of all trees. Anticipation, Toughness, Blade Barrier. Get all three of those and voila, you can tank. Do you really think X Spec can tank because of the 1 Min CD they have on X ability? No, because you would get destroyed inbetween cooldowns. They help of course, but they dont make or break the DK.
    That's what I try to tell people, but they always come..

Yeah but Bone Shield this, Unbreakable armor that.
    And then there's also this and that and sus and so..

it's almost as if nobody even WANTS blood to be used as a tanking spec. Not even DKs, who above all should know every spec can handle every role.

From my experience, Frost is good DPS, just without self-healing abilities(minus Death Strike), where as Blood, you'd have no downtime(Bloodworms, BloodTap, etc), and Unholy's extra plague will help with Death Strikes' healing (Enjoy your 2k+)>

But me personally, I love Frost.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.