Thread: PVP affliction

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    lolzor

PVP affliction

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000 is this talent build viable for pvp?

Re: PVP affliction

imo thats the best affliction specc no matter what u do. Thats the one i have atm and it sure rocks !
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

That's the worst spec ever.. you should try this affliction PVP spec : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

lolzor

Imo that sucks.
    1)I'm not going with demonology(sucks in PVP);
    2)I like my OP shadowbolts...

well.. That's a Arena affliction spec..

lolzor

i'm talking about bg's in general.Sorry for not writing it in te topic :;(

Quote Originally Posted by lolzor
    Imo that sucks.
    1)I'm not going with demonology(sucks in PVP);
    2)I like my OP shadowbolts...

Demonology sucks in pvp? How much did u buy ur lock from ebay dude ? Pls karazshan locks and wellfare epics from isle dont post. Lets have this thread for brutal geared locks pls !
    This user has been permanently banned from the forums for having severe social issues and being a jerk far too regularly.

lolzor

So should i go for the demon. not for the shadow bolt with the last point i've didn't spend?

Dude what am saying is for ur own good only.

Let me explain.. First of all am always talking about arena.. Not alterac valley or arathi!
    Then its always good to know with whom are u playing with.

I am playing with a shadow priest, so its all deep shadow magic at its best.

U want to arena as destruction lock so here are ur secret weapons!

1) Sucubus - charm!

2) Shadowfury

3) Chaos bolt

4) If u manage to cast a ranged spell = win

Now lets see..
    If they see you with a sucubus, they will defo know you are destruction so they will go for her.. (one-hit target she is ) trust me thats what we do.. Secret weapon 1 = failed

Shadowfury..they will trinket out of it even though i dont think so cause its only 3sec.. what then ? Do u have enough time to cast ur fire spells to bring them down within 3sec ?

As for the chaosbolt.. wow it pierce mage/priest/paladin shield.. so what ?
    Oh and note that spamming fears wont work anymore, after 2-3 they will get immune. plus there are soo many ways to avoid lock fears these days..

So either u UA ( unstable affliction - deep shadow magic ) which fucks arround healers but u need to be with an op player - healer, or go demonology, get ur stats all up, arround 20k hp at 80, and +30k armor when metamorphosis is used. ( aint sure about metamorphosis armor though.. i had 20k when i was lvl70 , havent tried dem since then )

Hope i helped u

Arena spec as it is now:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=030611010000

Demonology part is non-negotiable. You NEED everything in there for both soul link survivability as well as demon survivability.

Affliction part, about the only negotiable points are ones in eradiacation - you may want to move them to empowered corruption instead. The argument against this however is that eradication procs make your fear and SB nuke casts significantly less predictable and hence, significantly less interruptible.

But that is a matter of preference.

P.S. Whoever posted the spec without shadow embrace - shame on you twice. It is the KEY talent for arenas, where most classes will attempt to outheal us by predicting the damage we do and keeping up with HoTs as far as they can. Shadow embrace is the main tool to force healers to start casting heals instead of spamming instant hots. This is especially important vs druids who will not be able to "hot other and run" anymore.

lolzor

Thx mate ;D!

This is my affliction specc
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=031011010206

I always use CoE, thats why i don't have any points in Improved CoA.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfero

As for the chaosbolt.. wow it pierce mage/priest/paladin shield.. so what ?
    Actually, chaosbolt penetrates absorbing effects on mages, priests, warlocks etc.. and cannot be resisted (rogues Cloak of Shadows), but it doesn't penetrate the paladins bubble.

Why no empowered corruption? i thought according to fallenman's dps threads, that empowered corruption is a big increase in dps.

Something I am trying

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

may suck but the only DD i use are searing pains and immolates unless i get a nightfall. Shadowburn helps to dps on the move. Just stock up on soulshards before doing arenas...

EDIT: Fixed
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by useport80
    Why no empowered corruption? i thought according to fallenman's dps threads, that empowered corruption is a big increase in dps.
    The other talents are too important for me, so I dont have any points left over.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Something I am trying

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

may suck but the only DD i use are searing pains and immolates unless i get a nightfall. Shadowburn helps to dps on the move. Just stock up on soulshards before doing arenas...
    1. Soul Link + master summoner is a must for a pvp build.
    2. You need shadow embrace, its a 30% healing reduce for hots.
    3. You said that shadowburn helps for dps but you havent picked it in your build. I wouldnt spend any points for destruction anyway (when using pvp affliction specc).

I originally attached the wrong link and edited in the correct one but her it is again;

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Given how much trouble dispels, heals, and lack of survival through duration of dots I'm wondering how a destro spec would do. You would use insta seduce to give you casting gaps. Glyphs of searing pain and shadowburn would be used to overcome resilience anti crit. Depending on gear you are getting 20+10+5+3=38% crit to searing pain.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gcusMZVf0qrGuAoAcoz

Obviously if you can start the fight on your terms that is great but lets say you can't (sadly the norm). Seduce if you are stunned or use shadowfury to open a gap to cast chaos bolt, immolate...by now they are out of stun and can interupt but you conflag (instant), and 3x searing pains which should be near the 1 second cast mark (hard to interupt), shadowflame, shadowburn as an instant...from here not as sure. Even if they interupt a searing pain you can use a backlash charge or hasted SB's. It is very mana inefficient but uses coil, insta seduce, and shadowfury for breathing room. Has some rng stun/daze but that's of "sidegrade" use. With soul link and nether prot mages shouldn't hurt quite as bad. Given how fast dispellers can be going immo/conflag seems a safer plan than trying to sneak an incinerate in there. Not exactly 11K spammable executes or stunlocked ambush/mut/evis but for the **** we have its the most burst centric I can come up with.

Succy is squishy but so are all other pets. She has the advantage of stealth and an instant cc others dont. If I need to interupt a healer an instant seduce works in a pinch. Forces a trinket which I'm chaining a fear behind.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Given how much trouble dispels, heals, and lack of survival through duration of dots I'm wondering how a destro spec would do. You would use insta seduce to give you casting gaps. Glyphs of searing pain and shadowburn would be used to overcome resilience anti crit. Depending on gear you are getting 20+10+5+3=38% crit to searing pain.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gcusMZVf0qrGuAoAcoz
    i like lrs078's spec. i respecced destro and i like it a lot. instant seduce and master summoner are must haves like lrs078 said.

for affliction pvp here is the build i use to use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Idx0rudAkVVMcst0gcuoM
    essentially the demo tree selections are the same, but i removed 3 talents from demonic aegis and put them into the affliction tree. i took CoEx cuz with the glyph of CoEx and grim reach, its our longest range ability of 41 yards. some people might disagree about the worth of CoEx tho.

Definition of useless -