Thread: PVP affliction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: PVP affliction

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I actually think its more dependent on have a VW (10% less physical damage. Not great be something) soul linked then sacced, demonic circle (takes time to get used to staying in a 40 yd range and where to place it), summon VW, fear spam during the confusion, sac VW again, instant summon VW, and then sac again. Keep in mind this keeps the other team occupied while your party does damage. Also you pot shot with CoT on casters, shadowburn, immo, SP, SL, corr, and CoA when you can.

At least thats my theory. I have no delusions of actually being able to kill someone nor stand in and fight with lock game mechanics today.

EDIT: may even be able to get a soulfire in there

Your tactics are what many affli locks use in that scenario but at the same time reading them reminds me again why I won't play my lock again in PvP until the class gets fixed. The amount of sacs, summons and out of the way tricks just to stay alive for a few secs more before getting hammered by the melee train just underlines the problem even more.

At the moment and with the nerfs to the class I'm thinking that destro will be the best spec (or least sucky) becuase you can at least get some damage off before you get smacked and get smacked you will, regardless of range, portals or whatever, melee will own you bad. The problem with affli is that it takes far too long to deal damage while other classes deal crap loads of damage up front. Relying on dots doesnt even work now with zero resi and will be even more broken when people start to get a lot of resi again.

Either full destro or a hybrid demo/destro build is what I predict will be what most locks will run with. It will all be about doing as much direct damage as possible in as short time as possible before the melee assist reach you.

And as always, say hello to being more or less perma stunned.

Destro is a glass cannon but affli is all glass and no cannon.

Been lock for 3 years and 140k kills under my belt but I'm calling it. (Sadly)

Oh Im not saying its the solution to our problems, Im just trying to work with what we got. I know we are gimped in PvP right now but Im still gonna try.

I only PvP for fun because WoW has pathetic PvP overall. No real skill in designing your character because end stats with the same gear are always exactly the same. Yes you can play your character better than someone else but to me thats not as much fun as allocating stats and trains to build a better character.

Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Deleted

My hat is off to the locks that can still muster some optimism before S5. I hope you do well with what you have, I really do.

I always look at problems as if there is a solution i just dont see yet. Ill keep trying till i do
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.