Necrosis talent / arena spec

So i made this build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=082101010403

Now my question is necrosis adds 10% dmg to auto-attacks.
    I presume with auto-attacks they mean the white dmg attacks ?

If so why hardly noone takes 5 poins into this talent ?
    SInce white dmg is the most dmg you can do whatever spell you use with this spec.
    This is for 1vs1 situations ( like in arena you wont aoe )
    So this is perfect for arena.

I have tested this alot and messured my dmg with recount and my white dmg is by far the top dmg dealer of all my spells, i would be stupid not to get 5 points in necrosis if auto-attacks mean white attacks.

Am i missing something, or have other DK's not seen the light yet !

Re: Necrosis talent / arena spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfcMacZZfMGf0bkxxqRcoux

would be mine I'v thought about this specc for a rly long time now finally arena arrives soon!

Its pointless in PVP because its shadow damage. The chances of that tiny amount of added extra damage being constantly resisted due to racial's/buffs/resilience is a waste of 5 points.

Why would you take outbreak in unholy tree over necrosis ?

I doubt u use pestilence in arena and plaguestike is not for the dmg but it gives the target a debuff wich gets nicely buffed when you take rage of rivendare talent.

But i dont really know how the 25% befenift from atp works for spells.

@Soops

LoL then scourge strike is the most useless spell in the unholy tree since its all shadow dmg.
    Based on your post you think that the 10% of necrosis ~10% will be resisted ?
    That means that scourge strike also does 10% less dmg and all other spells, wich i really doubt.

Then resillience only affect critical strikes.
    And spelldmg has no mitigation on high armor classes.

So according to your opinion unholy does 10% less dmg in total.

The thing to keep in mind with Necrosis only adds damage to your auto-attacks, and not your special attacks. Since your regular attacks make up only about 25% of your total damage, necrosis would only be about a 2.5% damage increase for 5 talent points.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

yeah the necrosis and any proc off of normal dmg talent skills are some of the major gripes about DK for me... white damage is really a minor portion of our dmg ... and because of that we equip slower/higher dmg weapons and that causes white damage to hit less often... less proc... etc.. although necrosis isn't proc.. and it adds steady 10% (well.... somewhat...) shadow dmg to your white damage.. I would've really liked to rather see a talent that is on chance to hit with all skills instead of auto-atk related...

seriously in arena... even more so... white damages are gonna be even less effective when the opponent you are fighting is either trying their best to get away from your or disable you...

Well, I wouldnt specced necrosis for arena. Actually I think necrosis is only good for DW DKs because white attacks are bigger part of their damage. If you really want something strange and original for arena, spec Blood-Caked Blade, 30% procrate seems much more reasonable for me.

I personally would either took Outbreak for Blood Boils that hit for more than Blood Strikes, or Reaping because I like to have runes for more Scourge Strikes. And its a personal opinion ofc, but I really like Wandering Plague.

I myself would have used something like that
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=082104050406