anything other then tank n spank is to hard?...

now before u start flaming me, i think i always end up grouping with terribad people
    its, like i slap on ma tank gear, crit immune, 22k hp (wich imo for a dk is decent)
    and wipe 8 times on loken cuz people dont understand how boss works ...

i mean they start running after his aoe is cast lol
    its like everyone just forgot to play, they only know the tank n spank routine
    if played right its very doable, if u have some partymembers mess up its insta wipe

now i came from pvp environment, but schooled maself trough forums and bos tactics and practice.
    only disadvantage i stil have is that i dont know much good pve'ers ro run with, so i tend to always end up
    with these semi afk people pressing 2 buttons

So usually i just get pugged as a dps by some guilds, but then they are pissed when i roll on tank gear...

any tips on how i shud approach this problem, because im kinda out of ideas

Re: anything other then tank n spank is to hard?...

The way Loken works, at least on Heroic, stand too far away, get DoT'd to death, stand too close during Lightning Nova, get nuked. So of people are running away when he begins his channel, they're doing it right.

Stand close when he isnt channeling, nuke.
    Run when he channels, once he casts, run back in.

Bad players are out there, sad fact.

If you do come across good players tho', use the /friend option, or keep in contact with them, and run groups with them more often. Moreso, see about forming guild for PvE, if there are like minded people on your realm.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    The way Loken works, at least on Heroic, stand too far away, get DoT'd to death, stand too close during Lightning Nova, get nuked. So of people are running away when he begins his channel, they're doing it right.
    they start to run when hes done costing... so all get hit, and im standing there like wtf
    besides i have unholy aura for them all, so 15% faster isnt much but shud help imo

Quote Originally Posted by painkillerz
    and your point is......? ???
    point is im stuck in this situation, and im askin for advise on how to avoid grouping up with terribads, wich is hard since i dont know them or how they play.

An active hardcore raiding / whatever guild.

As the poster above said, get a decent guild, and never PuG again :P

Or just find a good healer, most encounters are two-manable (is that a word?), including Loken.

An up to date friend list and a good reputation as a tank helps

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert
    Or just find a good healer, most encounters are two-manable (is that a word?), including Loken.
    I actually soloed loken about 40% as a Feral, since healer died at first AoE, and the last dd at the second.
    should I mention, that we also did the Achievement at this kill? xD

yah

well imo the tanking part is quite ok, havent had any complaints so far, and in some cases when i joined as dps , they actually asked me to tank instead of the "tank"

as for the raiding guild... hard to get spot for the raid since theres like a ton of t6 geared folks and lets not start about the DK flood lol , theres so many of us

as for stuf 2man able... u need uber gear for that i think,
    as a tank to stay alive, and as a healer to have enough mana/mp5

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    hard to get spot for the raid since theres like a ton of t6 geared folks
    So? T6 means nothing at level 80. Level 80 heroic epics and blues are far superior on white stats which is what counts in raids - stam/def for tanks, stam/mana for casters, stam/whatever for everyone else.