Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: WOTLK + priest leveling = ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothr
    Oh all mighty "zomgzooorrsssRoxxoooorrrIRKingBabyzor" I leveled my priest with both hands behind my back in greys, from 70-80 and it was easy and i did it in just 1 hour where I didnt leave my basement, please enlighten the rest of the community on how good, fast you are at playing class XX.

Tsk, kids these days.

Wow Education 1o1: Play a Ret Pally, DK with any spec, arms / Tg warrior or any mage spec there is, and then compare them to a priest lvling and you will: Surprise!! find it "hard". Notice that hard does not mean impossible, it just means what it states: Hard = not as easy as a lot of other classes EOD.

Such a clear and constructive post.

Tsk, kids these days. Please do finish your schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    I do care about 5mans, just for fun.
    Good for you. But this thread is about leveling. And leveling as holy is like nailing in with a notebook instead of a hammer; you can still do it with notebook and some guys would even find it "fun". But it's still much easier with a hammer.

When leveling my SP I almost never had to drink. The major difference between SP and feral druid (didn't try other classes) was: with SP I couldn't kill 3-5 mobs of my or a bit higher level at the same time, heal myself and instantly continue grinding. Feral druid is like never stopping shredding machine. SP has to tank from time to time and is much weaker in multimob fights.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    Good for you. But this thread is about leveling. And leveling as holy is like nailing in with a notebook instead of a hammer; you can still do it with notebook and some guys would even find it "fun". But it's still much easier with a hammer.

When leveling my SP I almost never had to drink. The major difference between SP and feral druid (didn't try other classes) was: with SP I couldn't kill 3-5 mobs of my or a bit higher level at the same time, heal myself and instantly continue grinding. Feral druid is like never stopping shredding machine. SP has to tank from time to time and is much weaker in multimob fights.
    Huh? Our 2-3 dots alone kill normal mobs while leveling, and when you get level 75 you can run around, SWP 10+ mobs and then just shield yourself and aoe them down with mindear.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Huh? Our 2-3 dots alone kill normal mobs while leveling, and when you get level 75 you can run around, SWP 10+ mobs and then just shield yourself and aoe them down with mindear.
    Nice. I was talking about 1-70. Didn't level my priest 70+ yet. SWP 10+ mobs requires good gear, my feral is all greanbluish and he still owns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    I do care about 5mans, just for fun. The priest is my alt, and helping guildies to do those 5mans is nice We lack healers nowadays :/
    Personally I find holy so relaxingly nobrainer I would not go back to shadow leveling anyway.
    /agree

was shadow till 72 or so, 'tis true u never OOM if you know how to manage CDs (stuff dies pretty fast too)
    switched to disc and i find it a lot more relaxing to lvl, thou drinking has come back.Also the gank encounters are much easier to live through as disc.Shield holds up and does dmg while i drop my dots and a holy fire with a MB (smite if needed).Rogues are still annoying.
    and ppl who say lvling in instances sucks should try it while rested...i got up to 8k xp from one mob, around 3k xp from a single trash.

antifreeze

gunna level my priest as always... Holy with holy fire and other skill (forgot lol) cast speed and dmg talents ,and with 50% instant cast after crit :P Going plane and not so bad plus free instances spot everytime )

15+ Year Old Account

I've leveled my priest now from 70 to 78, starting at the 13th. I've leveled disc/holy all the way, and gotta say that's an expected amount of time for holy leveling.

It's not really hard, I'm doing a bit low DPS, but can survive stuff. And if you go shadow, you'll do a lot more damage, probably doing the leveling in twice the speed that I'm doing now.

So, no, people who say it's horrible just don't know the class very well, I'd think...
    "You can cut our wings but we will always remember what it was like to fly!"
    #nogg-aholic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    Nice. I was talking about 1-70. Didn't level my priest 70+ yet. SWP 10+ mobs requires good gear, my feral is all greanbluish and he still owns.
    This thread is called WOTLK + Priest leveling, right? So 70-80 it is. And as I said my priest was in greens/blues while leveing too because the only gear I had before LK was the reputation blue pvp set. Had absolutely no problem leveing, killing multiple mobs at the same time, killing elites, healing instances, nada. If you have such HUGE problems leveling a priest... maybe it's you?

Anyway what I will give you, that leveing is a pain until you are 30. Then you get mindflay and the world turns bright.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I lvled my priest from 70-80 as holy. It was tough at times. If you faced mobs that can either self heal or stun (or both, damn them crusader basterds in Scourgeholm) it could be tricky if you had more then on you at the same time.

all in all, i did it, and i felt kinda glad that i managed the whole way, cause you do get discourged at times. especially when a hordie feels like ganking ya. You cant do much then fear, heal yourself and run, and hope that he/she gets tired of chasing ya.

But its done now, and im soo happy i lvled the priest first, cause now i have 3 easy/easier chars left, in my warrior, dk and dood.

I enjoyed levelling as Discipline very much so. With the shield, not only do you spend less time healing yourself (as it lasts longer) but it's not that expensive either when you get your mana return (Rapture) back. Penance for some holylazorbeemz is fun, don't get me wrong, but being able to solo some of the group quests without over-levelling/gearing them? Yeah.

Plus, it's not like you have to regear, regem, or anything if you wanna run an instance, even at 80 when you pick up heroics.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

please post leveling specs as disc.. thanks
    It's just a game.

Took me a week from launch to level to 80 in mostly t5-t6 content gear. Not bad really. If you don't know how to play a priest I could see where it can come in as a challenge though.

Levelled as holy. Was a bit boring at the end and getting wtfpwned by rogues and warriors wasn't fun, but I never needed to drink (in SWP gear) and could probably manage around 800 dps without buffs.

Levelled starting with something like this for solo questing, for 50 extra spellpower (not like I can get a Flametongue totem strapped to my back >.>). Shield yourself, Penance-->Holy Fire, and for whatever else have fun with it. But that shield on yourself is a lot stronger than holy's, and alot cheaper too. If you're solo'ing an elite, between shield cooldowns just keep a renew and a mending on yourself. (And mending crits are awesome, fyi)

Of course, you could go with a raid healing build instead and not really lose much: like thisas it is pretty self sustaining. Just make sure you Penance after your shield, and then smite or holy fire, that's two borrowed time charges for the price of one.

Either one is capable of dps, either one is capable of serious healing, just one puts a few more points into the "better dps" category, but it won't make much difference. If you plan on grouping alot though, don't take Imp DS. It's great for when you're soloing but 50 spellpower isn't all that hot when it's overridden by everything else on the market.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I levelled with a smite build. Before I picked up my copy of Wrath I specced http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxxzxZcxxbcbqZh and eventually filled out my points to http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbhhxtrxcZcxxbcbqbZh. At 80 I respecced to a disc build to heal. You can level fairly quickly with any build, just put 3 points into spirit tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Levelled starting with something like this for solo questing, for 50 extra spellpower (not like I can get a Flametongue totem strapped to my back >.>)...

Of course, you could go with a raid healing build instead and not really lose much: like thisas it is pretty self sustaining. Just make sure you Penance after your shield, and then smite or holy fire, that's two borrowed time charges for the price of one.
    Two questions:
    1) why not take 3/3 Spirit Tap?
    2) can you explain the last bit with "2 for 1" Borrowed Time charges, didn't quite get how it works.

Also, currently level 65 and want to respec Disc (51) for leveling and instance healing. What rotation do I use: Penance, Holy Fire, smite spam?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pikka
    2) can you explain the last bit with "2 for 1" Borrowed Time charges, didn't quite get how it works.
    Been some time since I specced disc, but apparently penence does not use up the borrowed time buff, while still getting the +25% haste.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=130500060305

I would suggest a build similar to that. Spirit Tap is REALLY good for Disc priests.

Leveled as deep holy, pve gear from 70 to 80.

Soloed 80% elite quests without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Remen
    Hey mighty clothie's :P
    I am just wondering and would love to hear some short or if you like extended opinions on how you feel about leveling the priest to 80.
    the following thing is the case, I am a druid and ofc have some advantages so I can level quick bl bla...ofc, I won't deny it.
    the question is, a IRL friend of mine, constantly talks about how hard it is to level a priest, that it is no fun, and that you need VERY skilled players to even be able to level at all.
    I don't want to offend him, nor any other priest, I am just curious, how difficult is it? is it really a big pain in the arsch? or can you cope with it and does it need some dedication like most classes will demand?
    from what I know of him, he is not shadow...and guessing holy is not the way to go for leveling unless you only level through instances, he prolly is not holy either...or maybe a mix I truly don't know.
    when I first met him, in-game, he was a very powerfull healer, well geared, healing where others couldn't keep the group alive.
    all in all a skilled player, the question remains, is it hard, does it suck due to, for example nerfes from the past?
    or do you think it's doable and fun?
    any comment is apprichiated, been thinking about a poll but personal comment, short or long is much more clear I guess.
    thnx for your time!

*edit: typo
    Yah it was pretty easy.. i agree with the dragonblight part =p, but otherwise even leveling on a pvp server with constant horde attacks pvping wasnt that hard either.