Glass cannon spec for shadow priests ?

Soo .. while my WoW is installing, I was toying around a bit with specs.

A few thoughts kept going through my head:
    - Everyone is winning because of high burst these days
    - Shadow priest is a very defensive class, because of the low survivability. And we suck at being defensive.
    - 'The best defense is a good offense'

So, with these thoughts in mind, I came up with: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcMuI0tr0oZZ0xfiofkbiq
    I've ignored most of the DoT talents, since they get dispelled anyway and the damage will be focused mainly on Mind Blast and Mind Flay.

I think it could be quite fun actually, but I can't go test it myself at the moment :/

Combine this with lots of crit, haste and spellpower, together with a boomkin, and it might even be viable? :o

What do you think`?

Re: Glass cannon spec for shadow priests ?

could work, wouldent try it out thou, looks to stressy. i really dont like arena since this build looks mostly for it

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000 i personally like this one better :P

I really would like to try this build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=211913060204

You are not loosing so much damage and gain little bit Survivability through spellwarding, blessed recovery and blessed resilence as well as desperate prayer.
    And after you did as max dmg as it was possible till your dead, you are able to heal your rogue with spirit of redemption.
    I want to see the faces of your opponents a shadow becoming a spirit of redemption xD

Or even one more point into the holy tree for a lightwell, that you can create before the match starts, so that your partner can gets some extra heal when he is alone.

What do you think, stupid idea or could it work against the most double melee combs at the moment?

you take to long to setup your canon ... stack 5x SW and get a clean shoot at them w/out any Cd's ... its a fail spec imo , even shit crapy survival we are bether off humping pilars and doting up stuff. The extra shadow talents will let you get the ULTIMATE pvp tools (lol) as in improved SF and dispersion.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

I would not specc DS... it will get dispelled alot of times...(2vs2 less).

Imp manaburn seems more valueable to me.

Ok, if u only play 2vs2 then u can think about speccing it (DS)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=111913060502

Does Silent Resolve work on ALL our Spells or just disc and holy?

Adrick

Quote Originally Posted by Saemundur
    I really would like to try this build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=211913060204

You are not loosing so much damage and gain little bit Survivability through spellwarding, blessed recovery and blessed resilence as well as desperate prayer.
    And after you did as max dmg as it was possible till your dead, you are able to heal your rogue with spirit of redemption.
    I want to see the faces of your opponents a shadow becoming a spirit of redemption xD

Or even one more point into the holy tree for a lightwell, that you can create before the match starts, so that your partner can gets some extra heal when he is alone.

What do you think, stupid idea or could it work against the most double melee combs at the moment?
    GJ GJ, This is actually a KILLER spec. I've already found that going down to SoR is better than down the Disc tree. I did just go down to SoR and let me get further down the Shadow tree but since dispersion doesn't really matter much at all why have it then, for example, in 2's me and my rogue took down 1 caster on a dps team, I die....(of course), my rogue is at half health against a feral drood. I HEALED IN SoR FOR 40SEC, he had full health the entire time and we won easy. FUCK blizzard n thx for the one good glyph we have. SoR glyph is OP. Incoming nerf bat. Everyone sp use and abuse this. Got my 3's team up 1640 with a rogue and dk. Thats up from 1520. Went from 1 sec left on SoR then proced back up to 12sec and more time in between. Only casting flash heal and pom. Lightwell ftl though... yuk. :P

Mind Flay SHOULD be unusable in PvP. If you're managing to cast it, your enemy is doing something wrong.
    Good luck casting anything or escaping without Improved Shadowform; even with Blessed Resilience, you're still extremely squishy.

Shadow Priest 'burst' is horrible and non-existant. My Mind Blast is extremely weak in comparison to other classes' burst, even in the best possible PvE gear. It requires my SW and Mind Blast BOTH critting (chances of that happening are extremely low) to match the damage of one critical Ferocious Bite, Execute, Ambush, Frostfire Bolt, etc. If you had the gear level to make Mind Blast + Shadow Word: Death do decent damage, your Shadow Word: Death's backlash isn't something you can afford to eat due to your already low health pool.

All of our damage is in our DoTs, which unfortunately, are near impossible to keep up.

All right after a few BG's and arena's I found the flaw with this spec: It only works in a 1v1 situation. I was literally owning DK's and Retridins with it

But as soon as another one came along I got squished.

I have however gone 14pts in holy and rest in shadow. So far it's pretty neat in 3v3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    All right after a few BG's and arena's I found the flaw with this spec: It only works in a 1v1 situation. I was literally owning DK's and Retridins with it

But as soon as another one came along I got squished.

I have however gone 14pts in holy and rest in shadow. So far it's pretty neat in 3v3.
    Owning bad ret + dks. There's no way a shadow priest should ever beat ret.