10man naxx pugging

Ok so me and a few friends are going to start 10man Naxxramas pugging. I was curious if 3 healers are needed or the traditional 2tank 2heal 6dps from back in karazhan is efficient?

We went last week before the reset to just check it out and we had 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps and we couldnt even kill the first boss (45%). My hunter buddy was doing 2400 dps and everybody else was 1500 or lower (mages, dps warrior, lock and another hunter) I am assuming all the dps was just way undergeared. I did inspect a few of them and none had much heroic blues or crafted epics from WoTLK and most were in SSC/TK/2.4 badge gear.

So I guess I am wondering what the best bet would be 3 healers or 2 healers to free up another dps spot. I mean I've read that its easy to do naxx in wotlk lvl 80 blues so with the gear we have I dont see why we dont start pugging it now.

Deleted

Re: 10man naxx pugging

2 healers is good if they are both good, 3 is safer with a pug.

1500 DPS is terrible, I did 2000-2500 already @ 70 for crying out loud. Now I put out 3k DPS on my DK on bosses where there is not too much movement. Oh, and 2400 for a hunter is pretty terrible unless he's in full greens.

Sounds to me like you should double check the gear of the people you invite.

It all comes down to gear and skill. Bad pugs are bad. Good pugs are good.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    It all comes down to gear and skill. Bad pugs are bad. Good pugs are good.

Also, what "first boss" were you starting on? Different wings are better to start with depending on your gear level.

If you're doing it with 2 healers before having all the fights down and getting a lot of the available badge gear/Naxx 10 gear even, they need to be quite Johnny-on-the-spot. However, from the numbers you're posting it seems like your DPS might be a bit low. I know I shot into Naxx wearing full BT/Sunwell gear, but with sufficient heroic farming you could easily be approximately at that gear level in a few days, barring bad luck. Most of our DPS in such gear and maybe a spattering of 2-3 Naxx10/25 items do 2600-3000 DPS with Hunters of course DPSing in the stratosphere with their ridiculously OP pets.

I run about 40 heroics a week and I dont see people top 2200-2400 dps in heroics and I usually stomp them in 20mins or less depending of course on the heroic. Raid buffs were pretty minimal in the pug I was in but the hunter I play with has the absolute best gear outside of 10man naxx (same with me, we geared thru heroics and crafted epics) So I am not sure, 3700 ap unbuffed and hit capped already outside of raid loot. I guess we'll see this week.

and @CSJenova, the pug I was in started in the spider wing. I could tell something was wrong with how incredibly slow the boss and the crypt guard was dying.

Thanks again for the quick responses

2 tanks, 5 dps, 3 healers is the safe setup for new content in 10 mans. &#160;You only bring 2 healers if your dps is up to snuff or those two healers are *very* good. &#160; Mana and reaction time will start to become an issue otherwise.

As a healer I wouldn't be comfortable 2 healing new content. I'd have liked to have done the encounter successfully at least once so I can predict incoming damage, length of the fight, and how much mana is necessary.

Deleted

and that often comes down to the leader, good players group up with good leaders. I never join a pug that's been started by some Joedkdkkillerdk from <WE KILL HORDEZ>.

I ran I pug Naxx last night with 3 healers 2 Tanks and 5 DPS and we where lacking hard in the DPS side. I was pulling 2.2k DPS while the rest of the group was around 1.8-1.9k. I would recommend find a good main tank, 2 GOOD healers and 6 DPS that can all obtain at least 2k DPS. We managed to down all the bosses in the spider wing but it could have been smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    amen to that .... if you have the ball they cant score

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    2 healers is good if they are both good, 3 is safer with a pug.

1500 DPS is terrible, I did 2000-2500 already @ 70 for crying out loud. Now I put out 3k DPS on my DK on bosses where there is not too much movement. Oh, and 2400 for a hunter is pretty terrible unless he's in full greens.

Sounds to me like you should double check the gear of the people you invite.
    LMFAO!!!

You sound like one of those dumbasses who doesn't realise the difference between full raid buffed DPS and heroic/10man DPS
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Ok so me and a few friends are going to start 10man Naxxramas pugging. I was curious if 3 healers are needed or the traditional 2tank 2heal 6dps from back in karazhan is efficient?

We went last week before the reset to just check it out and we had 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps and we couldnt even kill the first boss (45%). My hunter buddy was doing 2400 dps and everybody else was 1500 or lower (mages, dps warrior, lock and another hunter) I am assuming all the dps was just way undergeared. I did inspect a few of them and none had much heroic blues or crafted epics from WoTLK and most were in SSC/TK/2.4 badge gear.

So I guess I am wondering what the best bet would be 3 healers or 2 healers to free up another dps spot. I mean I've read that its easy to do naxx in wotlk lvl 80 blues so with the gear we have I dont see why we dont start pugging it now.
    If you are pugging Naxx10 and you inspect the people in the raid and they are still wearing t5 ssc/tk + badge gear, leave before it gets started, it's not worth your time to stay and die. Mainly for the reason that if they are in that gear, chances are at this point they got it in nerfed content after 3.0 hit. Otherwise they would be in BT/Hyjal and SWP gear. Not only that but most of the stuff you start to get along the way starting at about 75 is about equivilant to t6 loot. Which also then means that they failed to upgrade to better gear.

I'd say minimums for raiding in pugs for not tanks is going to be around 16-20k hps' and about the same for mana. Also add that if the tanks are still in BT/Hyjal/SWP gear by the time they begin to raid, get out fast. That pug is only going to lead to frustration and tons of wipes.

I'm sure nobody cares but I ran this last night with the 2 tanks 3 heals as suggested and I'd say it went ok.

DPS was still lacking, we armory'd most everybody but dps was still low, We had one boomkin friend that probably slowed us down quite a bit.

1 Hunter at 3700 AP unbuffed, 1 hunter @ 3000 AP unbuffed
    2 Mages , one at 1400sp and other at 1450sp. I'm guessing their hit was pretty low
    1 Boomkin with 1300sp which I guess coulda been better.

The healers were good and the 3rd one was just insurance policy. Me and the other tank had 26k hp unbuffed each and defense capped.

Took us two tries to kill Anub.
    Took us two tries on Grand Widow (first try 5%, we only used 1 worshipper cuz people kept killing them accidently)
    and Maexxnia took us 4 tries. The frenzy really surprised us with the damage output and getting stuck with a web spray right when it landed.

That was about 2hrs15mins and we decided to pick up again tonight. Full pug besides 4 of us have been pugging together since kara.

Which wing is best to do next? Plague?

Yes, Plague wing is the next easiest.