Holy Paladin Enchants v2.0

So doing some looking into things, ive been trying to find out what the best enchants for gear in WotLK are, and ive come up with this list so far:

Weapon: 63 spell Power
    Shield: 25 Intellect
    Gloves: 28 Spell Power
    Ring: 19 Spell Power (Enchanters Only)
    Cloak: 23 Haste
    Chest: 10 Stats/275 Health/8 mp5/250 Mana
    Bracer: 30 Spell Power
    Boots: 6 Mp5/10 Crit, 10 Hit/15 Stam
    Legs: 50 Spell Power, 30 Stamina (Sapphire Spellthread)
    Shoulder: 24 Spell Power, 15 Crit/ 24 Spell Power, 6 Mp5 (Sons of Hodir Exalted)
    Helm: 30 Spell Power, 20 Crit (Kirin Tor)/ 30 Spell Power, 8 Mp5 (Wyrmrest Accord)

If any of these arent the absolute best enchant for a slot, please post one that is better.

Ive heard there is a leatherworking armor enhancement for bracers or gloves or something that is better. Dunno what it is though.

Re: Holy Paladin Enchants v2.0

The stat path for holy now seems to be Int>Crit>Sp. Int for big mana pools so replenisnment and divine plea have better pools to regen(20k mana pool replenishment is like 250 mp5 and divine plea is 5k mana). Crit because Illumination is huge on Holy light our main heal and holy shock for those faster casts. Then finally spell power to make everything as big as possible.

So unless your really hurting for Spellpower i highly suggest you grab as much int and crit, remember int also gives crit, albeit at a very sucky ratio. To me the 7k hits 10-12k crits you get with 1k Spellpower seem plenty big enough to deal with most health pools out there currently, anything over that is just extra.

Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk
    Boots: 6 Mp5/10 Crit, 10 Hit/15 Stam
    Formula: Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality
    Use: Teaches you how to permanently enchant boots to give a minor movement speed increase and 15 Stamina. Requires a level 60 or higher level item.

I'll be going with that for PvP at least. i know you didn't specify PvE vs PvP, but movement speed is at least better than 10 HR for a Holy Paladin.

yeah, the tuskarrs vitality is the 15 stam and movement increase, but the surefooted is rather good for a holy paladin now that it increases our spell crit.

although the hit rating is pretty useless.

I have seen some mighty fine Paladins using +16 Int to bracers, such as the Holy Paladin that was part of the world first 10m Sartharion with three drakes up kill. Though he also used the AP/Crit leg kit, for instance, which I find kind of... nuts. In any case, I could see some Paladins taking it, especially if they find they have enough spell power but would like more regen.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

holy paladins want crit because they want to get the most out of their heals...stacking crit now gives a lot better results then stacking spell power...if you crit half the time you cast a heal it is better then healing for 1k more because of the extra spell power...so yea like everyone says i actually think its crit>int.>sp>haste>mp5
    my stats are
    1530sp
    260mp5
    23% crit
    16.5k mana
    like 11% haste benefit
    i really need to work on my mana pool and crit rating all my other stats so far are fine to heal any

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by cchsballa06
    holy paladins want crit because they want to get the most out of their heals...stacking crit now gives a lot better results then stacking spell power...if you crit half the time you cast a heal it is better then healing for 1k more because of the extra spell power...so yea like everyone says i actually think its crit>int.>sp>haste>mp5
    my stats are
    1530sp
    260mp5
    23% crit
    16.5k mana
    like 11% haste benefit
    i really need to work on my mana pool and crit rating all my other stats so far are fine to heal any

int is 1st priority.
    int buffs divine plea, spell power and crit.

more mana means longer time to run OOM, means you can cast more holy light and gain more mana back through DP.

you forgot:

Master's Inscription of the Crag
    4 sec cast
    Requires Miscellaneous, Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate
    Reagents:
    Snowfall Ink
    Permanently adds 61 spell power and 6 mana every 5 sec to shoulder armor.

Can only be applied to your own armor, and doing so will cause it to become soulbound.

+

Master's Inscription of the Storm
    4 sec cast
    Requires Miscellaneous, Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate
    Reagents:
    Snowfall Ink
    Permanently adds 61 spell power and 15 critical strike rating to shoulder armor.

Can only be applied to your own armor, and doing so will cause it to become soulbound.

Everyone seems to have such low crit, im not sure why, possibly because of the spec differences, but im rolling as 45/5/21 with 30%-35% raid buffed, 21.3k mp, and about 1600 sp from the epic weapon i got. i do love stacking int though, spamming holy light for a minute and still being at more than 50% mana is the awesomeness.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

As a prot pally, looking at holy for the dual spec thing,

I would think

Int/Crit are your first to stack, till the point where when you are fully raid buffed, can hit 30% crit, 35% with a boomkin. Then have enough mana to cast HL 50 or so times without having problems.

After that Spellpower, but no clue what the maximunm utility for spell power is in wrath now, i know 2100 + healing was the best in BC.

Haste/Mp5 - I would think enough haste to make FoL 1 second or .8 seconds is more than enough to spot heal on the run. Then Mp5 I would think enough is the point where you generate the cost of 1 FoL in 1 second is the goal.

Then after that I would say go back to stacking Int or Spell Power whichever is your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk00
    Everyone seems to have such low crit, im not sure why, possibly because of the spec differences, but im rolling as 45/5/21 with 30%-35% raid buffed, 21.3k mp, and about 1600 sp from the epic weapon i got. i do love stacking int though, spamming holy light for a minute and still being at more than 50% mana is the awesomeness.
    the reason your crit is so high is because youre speccing so much into ret, but can i ask why you skipped beacon and jugements of the pure? the 15% haste from judging is something i couldnt ever pass up.

i havent needed bacon yet. i havent really put any kind of priority on haste, the only place ive really had trouble healing was heroic azjo-nerub and that mightve been because my pug was a bunch of r-tards.

to be honest i wouldnt mind trying it but id have for my crit to suffer so much. i suppose its possible to get all epic'ed out and reach 30% without the talents but i wont know for quite some time.

i decided myself to spec out of kings. in a raid environment, i shouldnt be the ONLY paladin there, so instead of putting the 5 points in prot, right now im 53/0/18 to pick up jotp, bacon, conviction and sanctified seals. huge stat boost for me just from talents, and let someone else bless kings ;p

id spec out of kings but none of the other pallies (there are 3 of us atm) will spec into it. when they change jotp ill pick it up and leave kings behind so i can dps a little better, then ill have the haste as well as +dmg to seals and judgements, and since im down that far i might as well pick up bacon.

If they ever introduce the

Enchant Weapon - Exceptional Intellect
    (+45 Int)

Would you take that over the Spell Power?

I think I would.

Hey Bilbobubblin - just thinking about the leg chant that guy uses...

Could it be that he wants the AP that is converted to Spell Power for that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk
    the reason your crit is so high is because youre speccing so much into ret, but can i ask why you skipped beacon and jugements of the pure? the 15% haste from judging is something i couldnt ever pass up.
    People often forget that JoL has been upgraded, and is now as close as we get to an AoE heal. On-strike it can heal upwards of 400, with an internal cooldown, but still, easily worth judging when needed.

Haste and SP are mutually scaling stats, Haste is much more effective per-point than SP, but it actually hurts your efficiency over a period of time, while SP increases both effectiveness and efficiency.

Holy Paladins can reach pretty impressive amounts of haste, problem being that with Shock as our new primary heal, haste loses out on total effect. Do you think it would be OP to have a talent that reduces your Shock Cooldown by a % equal to your haste, or increases the crit chance by a % equal to your haste? That would make JotP absolutely incredible.