Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Is there a limit? to Spirit? (Tree)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor
    Rumor has it that totem + moonkin aura don't stack. Can anyone confirm\deny?
    they do stack.

also a Q for you ranor.. i got over haste cap for hots, (dont got the boomkin talent .. i prolly should get it) .. but the Q is.. is it still smart to go for resto gear with haste than resto gear with crit? or what?... should i still try to stack haste for regrowth/nourish?

After you reach haste cap for instant casts, won't any additional haste lower the cast time of your longer casts?

greenmasheen

No, really. Answer the question, don't divert the subject. This is me testing you to see if you're even worth wasting my breath on. How does Living Seed work?
    you testing me? el o el, when you grow up and get a high school degree you will have the right to ask me questions.

until then why dont you go back to school.

in case you were wondering it works like prayer of mending, but has no cast time so its actually very nice.

greenmasheen

i use regrowth on more than just the main tank, when raid healing back in BC, i used regrowth on more than just the main tank... fights where everyone is taking a lot of damage living seed would be helpful as you dont have to go back and use another spell, rather you already have a living seed that will proc and heal them again, saving you mana. im sure you can go back and check the usefulness in your logs, but on my druid if i level him to 80 i will have seed in the resto spec.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    you testing me? el o el, when you grow up and get a high school degree you will have the right to ask me questions.

until then why dont you go back to school.

in case you were wondering it works like prayer of mending, but has no cast time so its actually very nice.
    I don't have to have a high school degree to be better than you at WoW. I doesn't work like PoM. It works more like Divine Aegis. Tard. It's a bad talent, never get it. You don't have to listen to me but it would be wise if you di. Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zreo
    they do stack.

also a Q for you ranor.. i got over haste cap for hots, (dont got the boomkin talent .. i prolly should get it) .. but the Q is.. is it still smart to go for resto gear with haste than resto gear with crit? or what?... should i still try to stack haste for regrowth/nourish?
    Once you hit 1 second GCD, yes, as someone said before all the haste will do is lower the cast time of your actual casts. Never STACK haste.. but you'll get it all natually through gear. It becomes quite obvious as you clear Naxx 25\Maly\Sarth what type of gear you'll be using. ^_^;

It works more like Divine Aegis.
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by phaffo
    no.
    Hmm. Let me correct myself. False statements for an early morning.

One moment, loves.

I actually don't know what it works like more... oh well, goes to show I don't know it all...

But the way it works is still.. not that very useful in a 25m.

edit: anyone have some coffee? : yawn :

i use regrowth on more than just the main tank, when raid healing back in BC, i used regrowth on more than just the main tank... fights where everyone is taking a lot of damage living seed would be helpful as you dont have to go back and use another spell, rather you already have a living seed that will proc and heal them again, saving you mana. im sure you can go back and check the usefulness in your logs, but on my druid if i level him to 80 i will have seed in the resto spec.
    This is how you waste your mana, and end up stacking regen when you should be getting more spell power if you have regen already.

Once you hit 1 second GCD, yes, as someone said before all the haste will do is lower the cast time of your actual casts. Never STACK haste.. but you'll get it all natually through gear. It becomes quite obvious as you clear Naxx 25\Maly\Sarth what type of gear you'll be using. ^_^;
    yeah it do :P soon fully epic and i got 423 haste now

Excuse me.. let me CLARIFY for you so that you don't get confused as to why I stated haste + crit

Gift of the Earth mother is only a 20% reduction in GCD.

Shaman totem is an additional 5% haste

If you're smart and spec into Celestial Focus, thats an additional 3% haste

If you have a boomkin, theres another 3% haste

So through talents\raid buffs you get almost get to max GCD redcution, but not quite 1 second, meaning you just need a bit more which.. you get through rings\gear... anyways..

On the crit subject, Nourish is an extremely powerful heal when it crits, making crit a bit more appealing to druids these days. It's just a bit better than glyphed regrowth with 4pc T7, assuming it crits often. Anyways.. Thats all I have to say for now.

Wiith the Gift of the Earthmother YOU GET THE GC to 1sec .... L2P ... with the other spellhaste your can make it lower . The normal GC is 1.5 sec and with talent its 1.0 sec .

No.

GCD can't get lower than 1 second. L2P. The talent itself doesn't get you to 1 second. :P

GOTEM is 20% GCD reduction.. which means from 1.5, you go down.. .3 to 1.2 GCD, meaning you need more spell haste from totems + gear to hit 1 second.

greenmasheen

I don't have to have a high school degree to be better than you at WoW. I doesn't work like PoM. It works more like Divine Aegis. Tard. It's a bad talent, never get it. You don't have to listen to me but it would be wise if you di. Yo.
    divine aegis is a shield effect, not actual healing.

let me point out to you why all your arguements in this thread fail hard.

crit affects 2 spells that druids regularly use in raids, regrowth and nourish, since regrowth already has a high crit, really no point. so, stacking one stat above spirit and spell power for one spell? rightttt. also, spirit increases spell power/healing if i recall unless it was changed, and increases regen. spell power affects all spells casted and all hots benefit most from it.

druids have wild growth, rejuv, lifebloom, regrowth hot... i am pretty sure EJ will say the same thing im pounding into the ground at the moment. but hey its alright, there has to be an idiot in every online forum, guess you just had to fill the role.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    This is how you waste your mana, and end up stacking regen when you should be getting more spell power if you have regen already.
    i was using that as an example, if the other healers are going low on mana or are dead and i have a good amount of mana left, then i would say that its either you heal the raid with what you have or let everyone die. dont tell me how to heal.

i would also like to note that i dont attempt to act like an elitist prick or mock others for their opinion like certain people in this thread. i simply point to the facts and if you dont accept them as being true then you can stick your head in the ground.

divine aegis is a shield effect, not actual healing.

let me point out to you why all your arguements in this thread fail hard.

crit affects 2 spells that druids regularly use in raids, regrowth and nourish, since regrowth already has a high crit, really no point. so, stacking one stat above spirit and spell power for one spell? rightttt. also, spirit increases spell power/healing if i recall unless it was changed, and increases regen. spell power affects all spells casted and all hots benefit most from it.

druids have wild growth, rejuv, lifebloom, regrowth hot... i am pretty sure EJ will say the same thing im pounding into the ground at the moment. but hey its alright, there has to be an idiot in every online forum, guess you just had to fill the role.
    I already stated that I messed up on the Divine Aegis statement.

I'm not sure you know.. if you've.. I don't know.. ever.. cleared sunwell.. or.. maybe.. idk.. cleared through what they have for the moment.. Or done anything notable with your time as a druid, but I for one.. have.. I'd like to think that I have an idea what i'm talking about, and i'm not the only druid who will say the things I have.

Nourish is.. and I will repeat.. an EXTREMELY POWERFUL heal. With a good amount of crit, nourish will pull out ahead of regrowth for raid heals. It's stronger, faster.. and less expensive.

Regen comes way to freely, I don't even have to gem regen and I have to try to run myself oom. This is why Healing > Crit > Regen > Haste. Perfect order of things. :x

Regardless, how the hell does you talking about crit have anything to do with Living Seed being a bad talent?.. serously.. Your arguements are all over the place, i'm having a rather difficult time following you, so i'll just go with what I can.

Also, spirit does convert into spell power, but a spell power gem will boost spell power more than say a 16 spirit gem.

edit: Acting like an elitist prick is entertaining, it makes people like you pissT and ensures luls.

edit2: I mean.. seriously man? You havn't sat and actually read about this thread? The majority of my arguements have involved haste and the fact that living seed is next to useless. o_O;

I aim for:

1300 spirit buffed
    2500 spellpower buffed
    20k mana pool buffed
    250 haste buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Flanky
    I aim for:

1300 spirit buffed
    2500 spellpower buffed
    20k mana pool buffed
    250 haste buffed
    u are gonna have ALOT more haste than that :P its all on the gear

and for green.. its about choosing crit gear over haste gear.. not gemming crit or haste
    u should always gem SP and spi/int if you need reg.

BZZZT! WRONG!

Read the fricking tooltip.

"100% chance to plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed

'THIS MEANS'

and I will only say this once.

Living Seed only counts Effective Healing.

25 man situation, the MAJORITY of your direct heals WILL be overheal on a tank, which means..

If you heal a tank for 8k. If 7 of that 8k is OVERHEALING, that means you only healed the tank for 1k.. which means living seed will only proc for 300. On occasion they will get a full benefit from a living seed, but not nearly enough to make it useful over 3% haste.

^ useful in PVE? no. Useful in PVP? Yes.

edit1: Okay, I admit. It's useful in PVE on 'SOME' occasions.. like patchwerk..
    Can you show me a wws report or something similar where your regrowth overheal is 87.5%, and then provide me with an explanation of how you could possibly be such a bad healer? Try 35% for competent healers. Now with your same 8k crit, you have over 5k effective and a 1600 living seed for free.

You are right that 3% haste is probably better, but you do have to be making the right comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by amenti
    I absolutly HATE having to log onto this thing to post to shut up whiney little kids. Ranor you my friend are about 7 years old ... "I DID THIS I DID THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH" nobody cares, I've cleard everything to date on my druid , ALL of vanilla WoW , ALL of TBC pre ALL kills pre nerf and now I'm sitting on everything in WoTLK clear'd and I mean EVERYTHING.

Now if you want to have an opinion you are MORE then allowed everyone has one, but as a healer there are a few KEY things to remember. Reguardless of how much crit you have if you don't have the regen to keep your mana pool alive then you are screwd. The way the list works is
    Regen is the most important untill you get so much that your eyes bleed. THEN you stack bonus healing bonus healing and bonus healing. Oh and incase you didn't notice you stack bonus healing. Main stats for a druid are spell power and regen, everything else takes a second seat and should never be enchanted or socket'd unless it's absolutly nessessary for a meta gem or something.

Nourish is a really good heal , regrowth is now amazing also with massive crits, but reguardless of what anyone says Druids are still a hot healer , don't try to be something different cause you will simply fail at it. If you look at the druid talent tree you will realise we get all the crit / haste we need on the spells we need from talents and the gear we pick up is actually designed to fill in the little extra bits. Haste is a waste of time you get all the GCD reduction you need from talents and if you need more then that you're a shit healer or you've a shit PC, crit has never been needed as a druid and is now a little bit useful but only as a secondary option.

Basically as a druid.
    Spell Power > Regen
    You should never ever NEED to gem / enchant for ANYTHING else. Once you feel you have enough regen everything should move to spell power. Like I've said time and time again if you look at the gear you'll get enough haste / crit to fill in the TINY TINY spaces that you need with those attributes.
    you say some good things.. but please relax..

got a Q for you.. all gear have haste or crit.. what gear should u go after then? the haste or the crit gear?

is this you btw ?? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n+Tor&n=Amenti

This whole thread is disturbing. I like the idea of mmo-champion forums. A little more relaxed than elitist jerks, not purely math, but in my short time here, all the resto threads contain all this L2P, QQ Moar, official wow forum crap.

Can you not act like adults? Can you not share your opinion without calling the person before you a noob? It makes me sick cause I really like this site, but the conversations here are no better than the wow forums, so whats the point?

Just because you cleared the end bosses in a video game doesn't give you the right to be a prick. I'm here to learn and share ideas, not sort through a bunch of bashing. Blizzard has made resto interesting, its not static, there is more than 1 correct answer, so there's no need to go spouting off about how your spec/rotation/gems/etc are the best and everybody else needs to L2P.

Grow up.

@pathias : THANK YOU !!!