Thread: Sigils/Librams

Sigils/Librams

So they have plans to fix sigils for DKs already after less than 2 months of active gameplay but we have been asking for a Libram fix since TBC and just before it.

Has there been any word and/or sign that we will ever get a Libram that compares to the engineering gun that warriors now get? close to 100 stam 20+ def and 20+ hit rating?

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Re: Sigils/Librams

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'd MUCH prefer to have stamina, defense, and hit or expertise than what we have now;

i totally agree , it seems ill never get the stamina our warrior has because of the gun , we have same gear , same enchants etc but that stupid gun >

I would love a libram thats just even the same stats ..
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

This is the paladin sub-forum. DK forum is here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?board=26.0.

If your gripe is about stats, then you're worrying over nothing. Back when there were no Librams, Idols, or Totems (the equipable kind) blizzard figured that the ranged weapon slot would simply be empty for three classes (paladins, druids, and shaman). So since we didn't have an item in that slot, our set gear was itemized with a slightly higher budget to compensate.

But players kept looking at that empty ranged weapon slot and making sad eyes at blizzard developers. The devs didn't want to give these classes ranged weapon and they didn't want to adjust tier item budgets. Instead they designed items that modified our abilities similar to an equipable talent or glyph.

That said, they really should have made more DK Sigils.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    This is the paladin sub-forum. DK forum is here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?board=26.0.

If your gripe is about stats, then you're worrying over nothing. Back when there were no Librams, Idols, or Totems (the equipable kind) blizzard figured that the ranged weapon slot would simply be empty for three classes (paladins, druids, and shaman). So since we didn't have an item in that slot, our set gear was itemized with a slightly higher budget to compensate.

But players kept looking at that empty ranged weapon slot and making sad eyes at blizzard developers. The devs didn't want to give these classes ranged weapon and they didn't want to adjust tier item budgets. Instead they designed items that modified our abilities similar to an equipable talent or glyph.

If you read the whole thing it was more about Librams then way over sigils .....
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

what change is being made to Sigil?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Bullshavick

As Ret or Prot, we wear identical gear to warriors, only differences would be in set gear.

Warrior (25 man T7)

9335 AC
    385 Str
    495 Sta
    86 Armor Pene
    116 Expertise
    326 Crit rating
    108 Hit rating
    0 Haste rating
    Meta
    3 red
    2 yellow
    2 blue

Ret Paladin

9335 AC
    397 Str
    472 Sta
    0 Armor Pene
    0 Expertise
    259 Crit rating
    83 hit rating
    270 haste rating
    meta
    3 red
    3 yellow
    1 blue

Thats a difference of;

0 AC
    +13 Str
    -23 Sta
    -86 Armor Pene
    -116 Expertise
    -67 Crit Rating
    -25 Hit rating
    +270 Haste rating
    +1 yellow
    -1 blue

Lets ignore gem slots, same number just one difference in color.

Net all the above stats, Ret paladin is still -34 behind warrior.

Now said warrior can equip Nerubian Conquerer http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39419

+31 Agi
    +30 Sta
    +21 Crit Rating
    +64 AP

Said Paladin can get Libram of Radiance http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40191

Crusader Strike is +115.5 damage

So the ret paladins gets something that can benefit him at best once every 6 seconds for one skill. While warrior gets bumps to 4 different stats that help increase damage for every single skill used.

Relics, have been and continue to be complete CRAP. Your arguement that our gear has more stats is complete CRAP.

Silver

No doubt our gear is seriously deficient in many ways has same number of gemslots and we need more hit than warriors and yet we get raped on our gear in comparison to theirs and screwed out of a gear slot... how is that remotely balanced... and they are a hybrid class too mind you.

If you didnt have time to do it right the first time, where are you going to find time to do it a second?

Bump cause dks just got better sigils and we still have crap....

Blizzard needs to let us choose between relics and ranged weapons

It has only been one month....

and to be fair the greater majority of DK's are still is using the starting Sigil.

there are a total of like 4? in game.

Atleast we have options.

http://www.wowhead.com/?search=libram

http://www.wowhead.com/?search=sigil

Look there, then complain.

That was also back when Rogue gear had Strength on it..

And the One set fits all..

Really doesn't cut it anymore.

Maybe instead of fixing pally's they take the ranged slot away from warriors? The number of librams we can attain is significantly lower than available ranged weapons. They do not scale as raids go up typically the emblem librams we get are the only epic ones I've found currently. Are there more in future raids? Not that i know of...

Well according to gallamann, the Paladin T7 set is already under item budget. So it's time to either buff Librams (and Totems/Idols/Sigils) or just switch to pure stats.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann
    Thats a difference of;

0 AC
    +13 Str
    -23 Sta
    -86 Armor Pene
    -116 Expertise
    -67 Crit Rating
    -25 Hit rating
    +270 Haste rating
    +1 yellow
    -1 blue
    Man, i sure do love my haste. It's definitely a lot better than having expertise, hit or crit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Macanam
    Man, i sure do love my haste. It's definitely a lot better than having expertise, hit or crit rating.
    Yup.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40706

I love how our badge libram is the biggest peice of shit ever. Not only is it JoC, the PVP/soloing seal where damage doesnt matter, but it is fucking haste. Even crit or AP or more damage would at least be more useful for PVP. But nope, they had haste. GG itemization... again.

Quote Originally Posted by EbGbZ
    No doubt our gear is seriously deficient in many ways has same number of gemslots and we need more hit than warriors and yet we get raped on our gear in comparison to theirs and screwed out of a gear slot... how is that remotely balanced... and they are a hybrid class too mind you.
    Newsflash if a warrior is a hybrid then so are paladins.

a few things to remember, we dont' know what form the sigils will increase and may be no more a band-aid than librams have sorta been (to be read as covering the problem rather than being a solution)

Second as GC has pointed out, ath this stage in our game, they aren't going to give us an easy go-to itemization, they're putting less than desireable stats on gear so that gear choice is just that... a choice.

I do feel for you guys though pallies, I was a prot pally with exactly the same concerns (and no that's not why I moved to dk, I just have always wanted a 2-hander tank) but hopefully we can share in our concerns and they will be heard and adjusted for.
    --Tank by trade, killer by nature.