1. #1

    Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Delete.

  2. #2

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Not a bad spec but for 25 man raids improved divine spirit is useless since it doesn't stack with sham and lock buffs. Improved holy concentration is nice/ fun but the talents would be better spent in divine providence. Healing focus is nice too since a few of the bosses do have pushbacks.

    If i were to use a talent build that didnt have guardian spirit, i would use this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

    In my current build, i took the point out of divine spirit and got guardian spirit. The only reason is that guardian spirit is a 3 min CD and can be used often, even just to top the tanks off (+40% healing done). It is def not necessary but can be extremely useful.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    594

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Don't know a whole lot about Holy, so I'll stick to commenting on what I do know

    Imp Divine Spirit is pretty questionable for raiding as it's over-written by every buff, buff's uncle and buff's uncle's dog that there is for SP. If you're in an 'out of the ordinary' raid setup then maybe, but I'd say in normal circumstances drop it.

    Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

  4. #4

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Delete.

  5. #5

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    well locks have some talent or something that procs that gives you a ton of sp... the sham totem that gives you sp overrides improved divine spirit... there are other buffs as well so its basically useless for 25 man raids

    but ya i havent really got the chance to raid too much since i am on christmas break so im not too sure about the push back stuff so you are probably right

  6. #6

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    once i hit 80 ima try this build out.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=010521050301

    like i said, im not 80 yet...idk how much total spirit i will have at 80 but the way it stands now i wouldnt spec or gem for 25% of my spirit to be converted into healing. as it is now all of the healing spells in the holy tree (with the exception of renew) are capable of critting so imo speccing into surge of light is a good idea.
    People who spam one button aren't noobs, they are just ahead of the curve, because at some point the game will be just that easy.

  7. #7

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Delete.

  8. #8

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    No Spiritual guidance = insta-fail, the spellpower you receive from is pure win and will also increase the value you receive from spirit on holy gear.

    Holy reach is questionable, as is lightwell and silent resolve, drop points from them as necessary to fill out spiritual guidance.

    You are correct that surge of light is a good talent.

    Glyph of flash heal doesn't have nearly the power for holy that it does for disc, you'd be better off picking up glyph of dispel or glyph of renew.

    This is a much cleaner build with more utility for oh sh!t moments
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZrxtccMqihVcst

    Note: Serendipity is only good if your overheal comes mainly from flash and greater, if you work the FSR like you're supposed to as a holy priest most of your overhealing should stem from renew and ProM

  9. #9

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Arduroc
    No Spiritual guidance = insta-fail, the spellpower you receive from is pure win and will also increase the value you receive from spirit on holy gear.

    Holy reach is questionable, as is lightwell and silent resolve, drop points from them as necessary to fill out spiritual guidance.

    You are correct that surge of light is a good talent.

    Glyph of flash heal doesn't have nearly the power for holy that it does for disc, you'd be better off picking up glyph of dispel or glyph of renew.

    This is a much cleaner build with more utility for oh sh!t moments
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZrxtccMqihVcst

    Note: Serendipity is only good if your overheal comes mainly from flash and greater, if you work the FSR like you're supposed to as a holy priest most of your overhealing should stem from renew and ProM
    like i said im not 80 yet and i dont have the gear but even w/ 1000 spirit you would only recieve +250 spell power. imo 10% from each cast of my most used spell > 6% total health from a spell i rarely use. when raiding your group will rarely be stacked so having the reach on ur raid healing spells is a good thing. idk aboot lightwell...its been buffed but you still have to rely on people to click it. as for silent resolve, alot of the encounters i saw pre-wotlk had adds so i want to have the lowest aggro.
    People who spam one button aren't noobs, they are just ahead of the curve, because at some point the game will be just that easy.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Eis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    I'd have to agree with Arduroc's build, except I think Serendipity is far better than Test of Faith. As far as 25mans go anyway. I did a lot of BC content as a holy priest, and we end up tank healing a decent amount with those encounters. The mana gained from Serendipity would be absolutely amazing. And Holy Reach imo is better than Healing Prayers. When the melee are all spread out, or healing ranged, it's really nice to be able to heal farther.

    And for glyphs, honestly, I'd replace Glyph of Fading with Glyph of Shadowfiend. That bastard dies all the time.

  11. #11

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Delete

  12. #12

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    I'd have to agree with Arduroc's build, except I think Serendipity is far better than Test of Faith.
    Depends upon your raid role and healer availability, I can see it helping in some situations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    Holy Reach imo is better than Healing Prayers. When the melee are all spread out, or healing ranged, it's really nice to be able to heal farther.
    Fair enough, I don't care too much for either, they're much of a muchness to me

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0t1k
    but even w/ 1000 spirit you would only recieve +250 spell power.
    Yup, only 250 spell power

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0t1k
    imo 10% from each cast of my most used spell > 6% total health from a spell i rarely use.
    You rarely dispel? That's not much of a priest. And if flash is your most used spell, you need to reevaluate what you're doing, or spec Disc if you wanna top people off

  13. #13

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Delete.

  14. #14

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Arduroc
    Depends upon your raid role and healer availability, I can see it helping in some situations.

    Fair enough, I don't care too much for either, they're much of a muchness to me

    Yup, only 250 spell power

    You rarely dispel? That's not much of a priest. And if flash is your most used spell, you need to reevaluate what you're doing, or spec Disc if you wanna top people off
    what i meant to say is that not every encounter requires u to dispel
    People who spam one button aren't noobs, they are just ahead of the curve, because at some point the game will be just that easy.

  15. #15

    Re: Healing 25man raid spec - Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0t1k
    what i meant to say is that not every encounter requires u to dispel
    And not every encounter forces you to spam an inefficient FSR-murdering heal (for holy anyhow, are you sure you're not a closet disc?)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •