Re: my aff build rate it :p

I really don't see why you have those 3 points in molten core, if your affliction your only doing one fire spell anyway and that's immolate. They'd be much better used in Fel concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmattn
    I really don't see why you have those 3 points in molten core, if your affliction your only doing one fire spell anyway and that's immolate. They'd be much better used in Fel concentration.
    Fel Concentration does not matter very much in PVE, and the casting time is not a serious hinderance unless you're draining.

Immolate does a decent amount of damage, and it's in a GOOD affliction lock's rotation. And it's probably also glyphed since the DOT portion is larger than the DD portion, and is increased more.

I do however, like Improved Drain Soul for the threat reduction, especially if I am Seed AoEing. Yes I can soulshatter, but it does not always peel the aggro off if the tank isn't properly set.

Raid: 10
    5 Man's: 10
    Soloing: 9
    PVP: 7.5

15+ Year Old Account

Immolate is on 3d place of the damage I do:
    SB, Corruption, Immolate, UA ....

It should be considered yes. That's my oppinion.
    Considering all the dots you have on the target, Molten Core is always up.
    "I am greatly concerned where we are headed in general with gaming, into what seems like an environment where difficulty is not allowed to exist, and learning curves are to be frowned upon. Failure is no longer an option it seems."

After reading replys i would accept that it is viable for an affliction lock but as a personal opinion i would prefer the drain soul for threat reduction as said before. Good spec overall 9/10

Here's my build, its almost the same as yours, just a tiny bit different.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=031712020506

My rotation is coa, haunt, corruption, UA, siphon life, Immolate, SB, then refresh haunt, SB, refresh UA, SB, SB, ect. I basically just sneak in a shadow bolt or two after every refresh, more shadow bolts if I get an eradication proc. I time my lifetaps right before I get a haunt return.
    Poë: 80 Gnome Warlock on Draenor
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    4/5 T7.5 now with Hood of Rationality woot!
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

0/10, just because you asked for "ratings."
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Deleted

0/10 indeed.
    No reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rentin
    Here's my build, its almost the same as yours, just a tiny bit different.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=031712020506

My rotation is coa, haunt, corruption, UA, siphon life, Immolate, SB, then refresh haunt, SB, refresh UA, SB, SB, ect. I basically just sneak in a shadow bolt or two after every refresh, more shadow bolts if I get an eradication proc. I time my lifetaps right before I get a haunt return.
    Improved shadow bolt seems kind of useless to me, specially in reference to the rotation you listed. It only affects YOUR direct damage shadow spells. Looking at your rotation it looks like the most shadowbotls you are stringing together is 2 possibly 3 or 4 with eradiation up which does not seem to yield much benefit from the talent. 2/3 Molten core and 3/3 cataclysm would seem more beneficial. There is also not much more benefit in 3/3 eradication over 1/3 eradication.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    Improved shadow bolt seems kind of useless to me, specially in reference to the rotation you listed. It only affects YOUR direct damage shadow spells. Looking at your rotation it looks like the most [shadowbolts] you are stringing together is 2 possibly 3 or 4 with eradiation up which does not seem to yield much benefit from the talent. 2/3 Molten core and 3/3 cataclysm would seem more beneficial. There is also not much more benefit in 3/3 eradication over 1/3 eradication.
    I find that imp. shadow bolt is usually up in a raid environment due to the benefit of mages and moonkins, and therefore can be considered nearly a constant 10% to shadowbolt damage. I prefer it much over the extra points in MC.
    I personally use 1/3 MC, 3/3 cataclysm, 4/5 imp shadowbolt, 5/5 ruin. I've been fairly unimpressed with eradication and dropped it to 1/3. I do use the immolate glyph, and MC is usually up with just one point.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie
    Improved shadow bolt seems kind of useless to me, specially in reference to the rotation you listed. It only affects YOUR direct damage shadow spells. Looking at your rotation it looks like the most shadowbotls you are stringing together is 2 possibly 3 or 4 with eradiation up which does not seem to yield much benefit from the talent. 2/3 Molten core and 3/3 cataclysm would seem more beneficial. There is also not much more benefit in 3/3 eradication over 1/3 eradication.
    I will look into that and play around a bit more with my spec and see what works best for me. Thanks for the input. Just curious, what would you suggest moving the 2 out of the 3 points from eradication into?
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health
    80 spriest and 4 other lvl 70 toons I dread the thought of having to level again.

Spec seems fine, question is do you know how to use it. 9/10

The build looks good, althought 2/3 MC is really all you need at the moment to garuntee 100% uptime. get rid of ISB for the time being and take fel conc. It doesnt seem like much, but on bosses where theres lil adds or aoe damage you will really notice things getting pushed back, mainly haunt and UA. Yes the new spell pushback change is nice...but its still pushback. If you want to get every bit of dps in a timeframe fel conc will help.

eradication also is good like you have it. Due to diminishing returns, any more points in this will actually yeild a dps loss. Blizz knows about it, and may fix it...may lol.

Immo yes, its only one fire spell, but with Glyph of immolate and molten core, this spell yeilds quite a large portion of your dps as affliction. Also, you DO want glyph of Immo even as affliction because sure you loose a little bit off the DD portion, but dont forget that the DoT portion is strengthened by Haunt.

Your cast "rotation" should be Haunt>SB (or SB>Haunt) then UA>Immo then Corr>SL>CoA (or CoA>Corr>SL)

anything else and you will loose dps
    not casting haunt and sb first and foremost and you will loose dps
    not casting UA and Immo together and you will loose dps

Imp drain soul is pretty much not needed i will say in opposition to some other peoples posts. It is a talent most useful in farming and nothing more. The threat reduction is minimal...and honestly with the changes to tanking, and the warrior and pally buffs they can cast on high threat people on the fly...if you are having threat problems and are peeling away from your tanks...Its not that you don't have Imp drain soul, or because you are doing too much damage...it may be time for your guild to find new tanks.

Also, why are you taking suppression and not cataclysm? if my guess is correct you took it only for the reduction in mana... With 3/3 in suppression....you MAY save 1000 mana...maybe 1200 over a 7-8 min fight...thats...less than a life tap. If you have all the hit required, drop this and take something else...I suggest Demonic Power for faster imp firebolts. Currently the felhunter is bugged and stops attack for random periods of time making the imp the better choice for a dps companion...and hey ur raid will love the stam .

Im using

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

and easilly pulling 4k+ dps on patch and 5.5k-5.6k on thaddius

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss
    eradication also is good like you have it. Due to diminishing returns, any more points in this will actually yeild a dps loss. Blizz knows about it, and may fix it...may lol.
    Wait, I don't understand, how can more points in eradication yeild a dps lose? You would think eradication proccing more often would allow you to spit out more shadowbolts in between dot refreshing and would yeild a dps INCREASE. Please go into detail on this.

P.s. I did try out the above spec and it increased my dps output by about 200 dps, I like it. I was switching back and forth between them tonight to run some tests on the test dummies and I am in the process of switching back to the spec with MC and catactlysm and I have 3 points left to spend and I was thinking why not just put 2 more in eradication to max that out instead of fel concentration. In the past I have gone without fel concentration and did fine, I'm trying to think if there is a better way to spend those 3 points. Anymore input and suggestions would be great. Thank you
    53/0/18
    2550 spell dmg
    Hit Capped
    17% Haste
    18k health

Eradication is a quirky proc when it comes to affliction. You must finish your rotation before casting SBs & haunt (yes I know it affects UA & Immo & GCD too). There is more than a good chance most of the buff will be wasted.

Missing 3 points in cataclysm amount to a dps loss anyway you look at it. Either you are A) only capping for affliction which means you will miss on bosses with your SBs and Immos, or B) you are stacking more hit for your destro spells to have them capped, over capping affliction (or just using it for the mana decrease), or missing out on socketing spell power.

The good thing i noticed is that you chose either Imp LT or DP (in this case Imp LT). You would be surprised by how many make the mistake of taking both which are wasted talents. I find Imp SB a DPS increase... 10% regular, 20% crit increase.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Build smells....

No affi lock should base on fire dmg:s fire is for mages XD

You only got 1/3 eradication.....why?
    You got 2 points in improved agony...why? you wont be using agony anyway as you got 3 points in Curse of Elements:s
    You dont have cataclysm from destro...why? are you hitcapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    Build smells....

No affi lock should base on fire dmg:s fire is for mages XD

You only got 1/3 eradication.....why?
    You got 2 points in improved agony...why? you wont be using agony anyway as you got 3 points in Curse of Elements:s
    You dont have cataclysm from destro...why? are you hitcapped?

I usually dont say people are wrong but with ^^ post there is nothing right about it.

Destro should base on fire damage

Read my other post on Eradiccation

You use CoA if there is a boomkin in the raid (E&M). If no boomkin then you should place CoE but only if there is enough caster DPS to warrant it. Locks use Malediction for the constant 3% damage increase not to actually use CoE.

He should use Cataclysm.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

You missed mine sarcasm on the beginning

Also no boomkings on our raid, which is sad...they give hell of a boost to dps.

Still dont get it why only 1/3 eradication:S i got 3/3 and it procs allmost all the time:S

note: will study about eradication later...