Thread: Paladins.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Paladins.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth of kiljaeden
    If you want to play a class that everyone doesnt hate, then dont roll a paladin, druid, warlock, or hunter.
    Because everyone loves rogues, warriors, mages, and one of 5 billion death knights who think they're Jet Li in a sci fi film.

The only reason Sephiroth finds himself hated by everyone is because he chose Sephiroth, Goku, or Vegita for his characters names...

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The only reason Sephiroth finds himself hated by everyone is because he chose Sephiroth, Goku, or Vegita for his characters names...
    Goku is a badass name for a paladin....
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Make sure you're a belf with spikey yellow hair for added fail.

Speaking from a Holy Paladin perspective, I enjoy playing alongside Retr Paladins in PvE and PvP alike. I would always use them to fill a spot in a 5-man group, and love group queueing BG's with them. Though I must say, I've had these opinions forever, the changes to Paladins have only made my experiences better.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

15+ Year Old Account

I've played 4 classes....yeah it isn't all, but i've fooled around alot with all of the classes and i'd say paladin is my favorite class. They're alot of fun, in alotways they are easy to learn and play but for me they're interesting to play from a pvp perspective and i dont consider them to be a button mashing class pvp wise. Pve? well from the little i've done and i guess lvling as ret it does get easy and can be a button mashing experience but with the new utility and overhaul bliz gave them at 3.0 they're definitly alot more fun and viable to play then they were, though i personally always found them to be a good experience even before the patch.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    Here's a basic PvP build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0ebVcZVfrtbuufMsgzho

I haven't PvE'd any raid content at 80 yet, but here's a guesstimation of a PvE spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIufMsguAo
    for a ret pvp build i would rather go for http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0erhcZxfMtrrufMsgzho
    improved righteous fury for 6% damage reduction ... 2% dodge
    5% parry is just amazing vs every melee only 2 points in sanctified seals added to stoicism to allow 4%dispel on seals (good luck on dispelling my buffs ^^) eye for an eye is a must have vs rogues and mages

15+ Year Old Account

i've noticed in most builds....or all of the ones i've seen rather dont spec into swift retribution....is it that negatable that its not worth throwing 3 pts into? I mean lowering casting time of a Fol or hl and increasing your 2her's speed i'd figure to be pretty good or important...enlightenment?
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie

4) Paladins are a fairly simple class. For PvE DPS, prioritize Crusader Strike. It may seem like prioritizing Judgement might be a good idea, but you lose a lot of DPS when the cooldowns start to overlap. So Crusader Strike, Judgement of Wisdom, Divine Storm. You can throw in Consecration or Exorcism if you have the mana. You'll also have to fit the Divine Plea global in there somewhere. Use Seal of Blood for PvE DPS and Seal of Command for PvP.
    Prioritize Divine Storm, if you are single target DPSing you are a tool. Wrath of the Lich King is an AOE expansion, meaning the classes that can put out AOE damage shine.

Judgements should be prioritized because THAT is what allows you to cast Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Consecration(Use it, it's more DPS), and Exorcism/Holy Wrath.

Use Divine Plea, use Trinkets when they are up, don't use Avenging Wrath without 3 stacks of Vengeance. Make sure you use Seal of Blood or Martyr in 5 man's or Heroics, because they take your health which means that when you get healed it's additional mana.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth of kiljaeden
    it's crap.
    its most likely better to use in another tree then to waste it in swift.
    ok then..here's my current build..where would those 3 points be better spent? i'm thinking its a toss btwn crusade or fanaticism, so btwn the 2 which is better...good dmg overal(crusade) or high crit chance with fanaticism..? The reason i have a point in rv cuz i believe that having a dot up is always a good thing even if the dmg is a small amount the way i look at it is if they're kiting me and its up and they're low in health...at least something is kicking their ass if not gonna kill them.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by raziel083
    i've noticed in most builds....or all of the ones i've seen rather dont spec into swift retribution....is it that negatable that its not worth throwing 3 pts into? I mean lowering casting time of a Fol or hl and increasing your 2her's speed i'd figure to be pretty good or important...enlightenment?
    Swift is useful depending on raid comp. If you know who you raid with its worth skipping.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by antidan
    Swift is useful depending on raid comp. If you know who you raid with its worth skipping.
    i really dont raid except for lvling or if i'm bored...though i'm interested in doin 10 man naxx for ret gear...i personally like it