Thread: Defence Rating

Defence Rating

Ive been asking some ppl about defence rating, but untill now I dont have a clear idea about this.... How much defence rating do druids tank need for naxx raid?

Re: Defence Rating

Exactly 0, since you get immune to criticals through your spec.

if u have Survival of the Fittest 3/3 u dont need any coz u have reduces chance to be critticaly hit by 6% = 0 def rating needed

I have some by accident

just so you know spells from NPC's cant crit, and we are melee crit immune from survival of the fittest 3/3. if for some strange reason you didnt take that talent you'd need 540 def like warrs/palas/DK's

defense on druids begins as an accident, but considering diminishing returns on avoidance and some new gems (stalwart dodge+defense) druids are likely to use a certain small amount for rings/necks/cloaks and some socket bonuses
    and actually, i think the stalwart(dodge+defense) gems have more avoidance than delicate(pure-agi) gems now >_> edit: (checked again, i think i was wrong XP need to look over things...good thing im not a tank anymore ;D dps kitty)

Quote Originally Posted by furyform
    defense on druids begins as an accident, but considering diminishing returns on avoidance and some new gems (stalwart dodge+defense) druids are likely to use a certain small amount for rings/necks/cloaks and some socket bonuses
    and actually, i think the stalwart(dodge+defense) gems have more avoidance than delicate(pure-agi) gems now >_> edit: (checked again, i think i was wrong XP need to look over things...good thing im not a tank anymore ;D dps kitty)
    baddps kitty is more like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vzelik
    baddps kitty is more like it!
    and you're only about 300dps max ahead of me on fights where your pet doesnt get killed for random reasons, those fights i poo on your coat

Scorpid's ready to go and I have my 8% hit rating now. BRING IT ON SON!

Scorpid's ready to go and I have my 8% hit rating now. BRING IT ON SON!
    so what you're saying is you're bad and have to use a scorpid to LOOK good? lol bm hunter with scorpid is hard

MANGLE, ROAR, RAKE, MANGLE RIP SPAM IZ TUFF!!

MANGLE, ROAR, RAKE, MANGLE RIP SPAM IZ TUFF!!
    i watch timers, you spam...a button?

Quote Originally Posted by furyform
    i watch timers, you spam...a button?
    Gotta watch Hunter's Mark timer, gotta watch for when my serpent sting goes down. Need to know when the raid is going to bloodlust to use my cooldowns, need to watch the cooldowns on Bestial Wrath, Readiness, and Rapidfire, and my Racial.

I mess up one of my cooldowns, i.e. have a shaman ninja bloodlust when I have rapidfire up and my overall dps goes down =(

HOW DO I PLAY THIS GAME?!?!?!

Gotta watch Hunter's Mark timer, gotta watch for when my serpent sting goes down. Need to know when the raid is going to bloodlust to use my cooldowns, need to watch the cooldowns on Bestial Wrath, Readiness, and Rapidfire, and my Racial.

I mess up one of my cooldowns, i.e. have a shaman ninja bloodlust when I have rapidfire up and my overall dps goes down =(

HOW DO I PLAY THIS GAME?!?!?!
    respec marks since apparently bloodlust is a downgrade in dps, maybe then you wont be bad because you control 1 character and a pet

Nope, BM huntard for life. Gotta be bad until the gear scales too good with MM and then I'll do the switch.

Nope, BM huntard for life. Gotta be bad until the gear scales too good with MM and then I'll do the switch.
    Runishi already makes MM look better than BM, dunno why you're so bad

Runishi is also way better than me.