Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What is your DPS rotation? to max out dps

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Meh, preemptive fade is more waste of a GCD than the cast time of VT
    Does preemtive even work? i thought fade removed whatever threath u have, and if u have 0, well...

Think the point was that if u DO pull aggro u can always fade, rather than wipe the raid.

15+ Year Old Account

According to various sources (wowhead, thottbott, etc.) fade gives the following buff:

Apply Aura: Mod Total Threat (Fade)
    Value: -90000000

So yeah, preemtive fading should still work.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

my priority is usually as follows

VT-MB-inner focus-DP-SW-SW:P-MF

the inner focus i use just cause of the mana cost of casting DP. relieves some stress on my mana pool. i start with touch and blast cause in a raid i usually try to get replenishment out as fast as possible. im not sure if i have full stacks of weaving by the time i hit pain cause i usually switching to another target after my first MF to throw another vt and mb on that target and then its back to original target for a death then a MF. i always keep my MB and Death on cd and VT up every time it runs out. DP has a longer cd then most so usually by time on next target in raid its ready to go again.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurekasev
    my priority is usually as follows

VT-MB-inner focus-DP-SW-SW:P-MF

the inner focus i use just cause of the mana cost of casting DP. relieves some stress on my mana pool. i start with touch and blast cause in a raid i usually try to get replenishment out as fast as possible. im not sure if i have full stacks of weaving by the time i hit pain cause i usually switching to another target after my first MF to throw another vt and mb on that target and then its back to original target for a death then a MF. i always keep my MB and Death on cd and VT up every time it runs out. DP has a longer cd then most so usually by time on next target in raid its ready to go again.
    Sorry but I just cannot resist the urge:

Trash is serious business, right?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Callio
    To me it is obvious that we should start with SWP... we've got at least 2 different talents that make SWP our best Spell Power bonus! (Misery and Twisted Faith)
    Why would you start with instant cast spell instead of a spell that requires cast time? There's a reason why the "rotation" that consists of launching a cast-time spell combined with instant spell is used (like, VT + DP, Mind Blast + SWD), which should be fairly obvious to anyone with a minimum will to think about it.

Since we have no "rotation" and "priority" seems to carry a lot of opinion with it... MY casting (for a boss fight) goes like:

VT > MB > SW:D > DP > SW:P > MF

The from there, keep VT then DP then MB on cooldown and MF when those 3 are on cooldown.

SW:D is not in my DPS "rotation", I just use it to start a fight to gain 2 SW stacks and I use it situationally in fights where you are required to keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Sorry but I just cannot resist the urge:

Trash is serious business, right?
    Mind Sear is serious buiness!!

And to answer to above, yes preemptive fade works just fine :-) I mainly do it on AoE pack pulls when doing heroics.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Mind Sear is serious buiness!!
    Indeed, 20k dps ftw

get an assistmacro for one of ur DKs while raiding put DP on his target then spam mind sear
    <3 that pestilence also spreads DP over all trash mobs provides a nice dps boost

in bossifghts i start witd sw:d->trinket->VT->MB->DP->sw->MF->MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

Make sure you apply SW:P while your trinket's buff is up. Depends how long it last

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lequina
    in bossifghts i start witd sw:d->trinket->VT->MB->DP->sw->MF->MB
    Why waste your trinket when you don't have 5 stacks of shadowweaving? I prefer:

VE > SW > VT > MB > MF > Trinket > VT > SW:P > DP and then go on from there.

I use VE -> VT -> Sweath -> MB -> MF.

Now I use DP and depending on trinkets (both are procs on spellcast atm) I use Pain. Most of the time my 2 trinkets have procced and i have around 3300 spellpower. :P

And then just carry on with Cd's and i definitely use Death a lot.