Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Inscription not a well thought out profession?

Once everyone gets their glyphs, they don't need to keep getting more. The good money that was to be made with this profession has been made. Now everyone is undercutting each other into oblivion. Maybe there will be epic level glyphs that will drop from dungeons? I still think the same outcome is inevitable. Its not like jewel crafting or enchanting when people get upgrades to their gear, then they'll need to get new gems/enchants.

Re: Inscription not a well thought out profession?

At least you get nice shoulder enchants >_<
    But ye, should give them something else they could sell.. scrolls? =D

There's still a market, albeit a small one, for people respeccing. That will increase a fair bit once dual specs are implemented. But it's true, there isn't a constant need for glyphs.

1) They'll add more glyphs
    2) They'll add more spells to glyph
    3) People are constantly leveling. You don't have to be level 80 to purchase glyphs
    4) <3 all my friendly neighborhood scribes.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Oh no?

How often do u respec to another spec?

Imagine:
    A FrostFire Bolt mage wants to go frost to do some PvP.
    (S)he has the glyphes:
    • Glyph of Molten Armor
    • Glyph of FrostFire Bolt
    • Glyph of Scorhc

Now u gotta buy 3 new glyphs for respeccing.
    And if u go back to FFB spec, u gotta buy 3 glyphs AGAIN.

Think about something if u say something like that

Dual Specs?

thefalk

"Well we agree that swapping talent specs isn't quite enough. No use having a whole load of glyphs for your tanking spec that are almost useless when you're dealing damage, for example. We'd also like to swap over action bars too -- it'd be a pain if you're trying to Mind Flay and you end up trying to Flash Heal!

So yes we have taken these kind of considerations into account and we'd like the feature to do more than "just" swap talent specs.

Because it is a bit more featured than originally mentioned, we'll be needing to do a bit more work on it before we can share it with you. So we're hoping to bring this feature to you in our next major content patch, but only if we're happy enough with it to make it live."

front page.

It's still a young profession and I'm willing to bet the major money making portion of it has yet to be seen.

Hell just look at every other profession...not until WotLK were any of them very profittable except enchanting and JC'ing. With the reduction in mats/farm time LW'ing and BS'ing have become profittable through weapons/armor and armor kits.

Engineering will be profittable everytime someone is looking for a bike, and has some of the most useful self only chant type abilities out there...sometimes use effects are better than stats.

Inscription will come around sooner or later. There's plenty of room to evolve it into something other than a glyph factory as well. The addition of Darkmoon Cards only being obtainable by Scribes was a good move and will keep the money rolling in for quite some time I'm sure. Further on I can see alternate shoulder inscriptions being a drop in higher tiers; like instead of Dodge/Defense you could make a tank shoulder inscription for Shield Block/Parry...or threat...or stamina...or a ton of other things. Make these BoE and bam...ya got alot of money to be made there as well.

I make all my gold out of armor vellums. I have my priest enchant the vellums then I sell the scrolls. ANY enchant will sell within a day for outrageous amounts because people love instant gratification. The vellums sell well anyway because enchanters love them if for no other reason than to not have to spam. Honestly there is such a market in vellums that I need no other form of income.

Quote Originally Posted by deadgus
    I make all my gold out of armor vellums. I have my priest enchant the vellums then I sell the scrolls. ANY enchant will sell within a day for outrageous amounts because people love instant gratification. The vellums sell well anyway because enchanters love them if for no other reason than to not have to spam. Honestly there is such a market in vellums that I need no other form of income.
    hmmm good idea, Ive been doing inscription since pretty much the first day of the patch and I havent found any benefit to it except shoulder enchants. How much do the vellums sell for without enchants? And any other tips off making money from inscrption? trying to save for epic flying.

I think JCing and Enchanting will still be the long-term money makers. Inscription will fade away as a slight money maker, below alch, but above the other trades. I'd like to think inscription would get a "second glance" in the future, but I doubt it. It seems JCing and Enchanting are the most-loved trade skills because of the ease in implementation.

I'd have to agree that spec-swapping is going to harm the glyph market long term. Sure we may get new glyphs in a patch : but it's not something like JCing where you can just add +2 or +1/+1 to a new lvl of gems and call it done. Glyphs can have a much greater impact than simple stat boosting, which means they are less likely to happen.

My big problem with inscription is how the different classes have a large variety in the usefulness of their minor glyphs. Things that reduce the cost of spells only used during downtime are pretty dang useless.

Darkmoon Cards.

You all missed the obvious one:

PVP!

Ill be changing my glyphs and spec and pet every time i go do some 3v3 (coming out the 12th!) so relax, ill buy your glyphs.

as will everyone else who respecs for PvP

Lhun

Sorry ThePilch, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.

they stated that with dual spec, they will let you keep your glyphs and actionbars for two separate specs, sorry to rain on your parade

man alts are addicting

Yeah only way Inscriptors make money anymore is vellums and soon enchanters will have peoples raid gar to enchant so they won't need them to level. The off hands we make are god damn horrible compared to some heroic loot, they srve a good purpose when you can first use them, but a frozen orb at level 74 or whatever it is, well thats just plain stupid., Plus Most casters at that level get the Chilly Slobberknocker from Amp of Ang anyway thus no AH anyway.
    Yeah teh shoulder enchants but i don't know how this is for other classes, but spellcasters can get the Sons of Hodir rep, pick up enchanting get 19 SP on both rings and then make a crap tonne of money whilst staying pretty much when 1 crappy shoulder enchant took us.

Either give us some epic drop Off hands, or some really exclusive glyphs or even better idea to make money for us, a fair few exclusive damngood glyphs on a CD thus we can only make 1 every 20 hours, not learn, make. So there'd be a nice surge for it and having a fair few of them means there's still variety so each inscriptor that gets one of these exclusive patterns can make a nice bit of money each time he makes one.

Just my ideas anyway... I mean yeah i'm glad i don't have to carry around a crap tonne of glyphs what with dual speccing, itd be stupid to have to hearth, find a lexicon and swap each spec you change. But at teh same time really screwed us over making money wise, However im more glad about teh first point than mad about the second...
    Been thinking about dropping this prof for enchanting for a week or so now, so hopefully we see some good recipes or whatever soon that'll change my mind.

Or they could just tie in respecs with Inscription...? As in something they do/make which allows for out-of-town respeccing... Meh, weird and probably stupid idea... But I think it has some merits...

Nah the whole point in respeccing is that you'd have the ability to do it like a lot, not so much in a raid or something, but as they've said totally free in cities or something. This means you'd be carrying what 3-6 glyphs each spec change, that's a fair few bag slots, plus EVERY time you raid/wanna change spec you'd need to frk out, it'd just mean richer players can do it whenever they damn well please and the ones that don't wanna be spending all that money on glyphing will just generally stick to one spec, thus wasting the entire ability to dual spec.

I wish Blizz gave us more mats to work with too... Like Frost Lotus, don't use em, still pick em, can sell em, but cba to put every single on on the AH, so i'm saving them incase I roll an alchemist, which i know will be a long way away. Give us a frost lotus ink Blizz but make it a low pigment drop, and make the ink used in rarer recipes. Do us a favour blizz, give us hard to make stuffs so we can be making munnyz! Or atleast enjoying the prof :P I'm not a fan of waking up each morning to discover i've learnt to make 2 crapass glyphs no ones gonna buy.

I'm still making 700-1000 a day on scripting.
    Beside alchemy this might just be the most profitable profesion there is.

15+ Year Old Account

Darkmoon Card: Berserker!
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: You have a chance to gain Berserker when you are struck in combat, increasing your critical strike rating and resilience rating by 35 for 12 sec. Effect stacks up to 3 times.

--

Just awesome for PVP. Chaos deck is in the auction house for around 4k gold on our server.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Who say a profession have to be profitable? Perhaps it's just utility for your guild ?

I don't pay to get my gems cut either, so Jewelcrafting is not a profitable profession, besides from Prospecting.

And Inscription got Milling as a alternative to Prospecting, along with the ability to create Darkmoon Cards.

The way they meant to make it profitable was to make all recipes Discoveries, so example Glyph of the Penquin on day 1 was worth shitload of gold.