Prot Paladins Questions/Stats

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I hate the blizzard forums... so yeah, here goes my questions

I am at the Uncritable cap, I have 25.1k hp, 22-23k armor without devo,21% dodge, 14-15%( i forgot ), and 16% block. How geared am I compared to other prot paladins? The server I'm on is a small shitty server with like less then 5k people playing and there arn't a lot of guilds that are worth a damn. Am I geared enough to run 25 man Naxx or even 10 man Malygos? I also don't know the Hit cap for 1 handers so it would be nice if someone could tell me that lol. Please list your stats if your Prot pally/warrior/druid/Death Knight

Re: Prot Paladins Questions/Stats

You should be absolutely fine. I've tanked most content with way less. I had 25 man Sarth and Naxx down before reaching uncrittable, don't hesitate to jump right into content.

I am at 22.5k unbuffed, about 24050 with devo on, and def capped. I jumped into heroics yesterday and they were nothing. I say go for it, why not?
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by brinkofoblivion
    I am at the Uncritable cap, I have 25.1k hp, 22-23k armor without devo,21% dodge, 14-15%( i forgot ), and 16% block.
    You're doing good. Now start collecting some stamina gems and you'll do even better And you should be able to tank Naxx just fine with those stats, atleast if you don't have totally clueless healers in your group :P

I'm at 25.6k hp 21.5%dodge 19% parry and *gulp* 11% block. I am over uncritable. You should do but 25man archavon, sartharon, and 10 man naxx should be find. Just make sure you know your tanking rotation, its extremely easy to push out 40k TPS. I glyphed for more of a single target threat dump instead of aoe, and I still have no problem with aoe.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Block shmock.

moar dodge!

I love dodge/parry. Prot is my offset. I enjoy stacking pure avoidance. Especially since it's amazing mana return.

What libram are you guys using, i still have Libram of repentance. is obsturction worth getting? i would think rating>value? or is that Pre-3.0 thinking still.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

My stats

26.8K hp 25430 AC

22.1% dodge (somewhere around 25% when mongoose procs)
    16% parry
    14% block
    11% miss

220 hit
    4.75% expertise

I have yet to tank any 25 man but i'm just waiting for my guild to get 25 people and i'll be MT'ing 25mans with no issues. Right now in the 10mans the only bosses the deal significant damage to me are Maexxna (after enrage), Patchwerk, and Sappherion. But healers don't seem to have a problem keeping me up for those because the raid shouldn't be taking much damage.

Gear hit last, i've yet to see any dps come within 1/3 of my threat. They're not even close. Specially in naxx 75% of everything is undead... your good on threat.

Mysig & armory says it all. I've tanked everything in WoTLK short of Malygos 25man. ;D

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

You should be fine, especially for Heroic Nexus and UK.

- the only note that I would make is that in nexus be ready for the secret boss because he is just hard, even on a skilled group bad charges and a subsequent whirlwind can just be ruthless.

- as for UK, some of the mobs do a 3-6 second stun, so be ready to trinket out, or use the bubble macro out of it, and maybe let your healer know. As for the last boss, just do a full strafe to the left or the right when its at half way and just move back. If you run through him he bugs out, learned that the very hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    You should be fine, especially for Heroic Nexus and UK.

- the only note that I would make is that in nexus be ready for the secret boss because he is just hard, even on a skilled group bad charges and a subsequent whirlwind can just be ruthless.

- as for UK, some of the mobs do a 3-6 second stun, so be ready to trinket out, or use the bubble macro out of it, and maybe let your healer know. As for the last boss, just do a full strafe to the left or the right when its at half way and just move back. If you run through him he bugs out, learned that the very hard way.

LOL... My stats http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nsus&n=Seviant

You have good enough gear by FAR. Just look up me on Agamaggan EU. I haven't reached 20k health unbuffed and I tank heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Whizky
    You have good enough gear by FAR. Just look up me on Agamaggan EU. I haven't reached 20k health unbuffed and I tank heroics.
    I feel sorry for your groups

Most paladins that are Heroic & Raid Crit immune are sitting at around 24-26k unbuffed now.