Thread: Gems?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Because your current meta gem is shit.
    This. Pluse, for the 2 blue gems required I currently use 2 9 Spellpower + 3 MP5 gems. There certainly would be a better alternative, but none available to me.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

3x32 Spellpower prismatic gems > blue gems

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Because your current meta gem is shit.
    I wouldn't say shit really. Crit meta gem, would give me a whooping ~90dmg more on my MF crits and ~180 for my MB's. Sure the static extra crit is nice, but I just feel like trying this metagem now. Going to try the critmetagem when I get my hands on the t7 helm though. And it's never bad with ~18.5k mana raidbuffed
    -.-

*points to shadowpriest.com math*

What i currently have as gems is this: (SP btw)

Red: 19 spellpower pure red gems
    Yellow: 9 spellpower and 8 crit rating Orange gem
    Blue: 9 spellpower and 12 stamina (seeing the Spellpower and spirit isnt available yet)
    Meta: Chaotic skyflare diamond

Thats all i need

*points to shadowpriest.com math*
    That page wins

shadowpriest:

- 2 blue, either Purified Shadow Crystal or Intricate Dark Jade (Pick Perfect ones if you can affort it).
    - Rest 19 SP. I wouldn't say it's worth gemming hit atm, with the hit bug.
    - Potent Monarch Topaz for the T7 headpiece.

If you got over 2000 SP unbuffed (without Inner Fire), consider gemming Crit instead of just SP.

And if you're a JC, use Prismatic gems instead of the blue ofcource :-)
    On what ground can you state that over 2k sp you should go crit? i would like to see your numbers ... not worth geming for hit? srly , you need to read up on your priest since you dont keep up at all.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    On what ground can you state that over 2k sp you should go crit? i would like to see your numbers ... not worth geming for hit? srly , you need to read up on your priest since you dont keep up at all.
    Well perhaps you have to read up on priest issues, especially the bugged hit that seems to occur with misery? Like hitcapped shadowpriests still missing mindlflays, or shadowpriests with 50 hit rating not missing a single cast on a full naxx clear?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Well perhaps you have to read up on priest issues, especially the bugged hit that seems to occur with misery? Like hitcapped shadowpriests still missing mindlflays, or shadowpriests with 50 hit rating not missing a single cast on a full naxx clear?
    if i am hit caped i dont miss a single hit , if im not i will miss it (i have reports to back it up , and tested it myself) , now if you want to use bugs and build your gear around it be my guess but i wont do it , my main question still remains ... on what grounds can someone say "over 2k sp go crit".

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    - holypriest:

red:spellpower
    yellow: spellpower + intel
    blue: spirit

- discipline priest:

red: spellpower
    yellow: intellect
    blue: spellpower + mp5
    This is pretty spot on... though I could argue that Holy getting Int is ftw... since Replenishment scales with int. The key is being happy with your SP.

3x32 Spellpower prismatic gems > blue gems
    /signed <3 beein juwe... get caster trinket and gem with 2 32 spellpower gems
    im going to put the 3rd one in my ring wich i get in 2 days
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    What's the worst thing about playing a Paladin?
    Having to tell your parents that you're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    if i am hit caped i dont miss a single hit , if im not i will miss it (i have reports to back it up , and tested it myself) , now if you want to use bugs and build your gear around it be my guess but i wont do it , my main question still remains ... on what grounds can someone say "over 2k sp go crit".
    Because it makes sense to balance your stats.

It always did. It's the same reason you would start to value haste more when you had over 1400 spellpower.

2000 seems like a good number, no I haven't done any math.

2000 unbuffed, without inner fire, is still pretty high and absoluete top gearing. So this wouldn't be somtehing you would do before Ulduar comes out.

The reason is mostly because crit rating scales alot better with passive haste (Mind Flay), and increases your damage during a bloodlust (Mind Flay again).

Atleast up to a point of 25% or perhaps 30% unbuffed crit. And then focus on Haste again.

Here I'm specific thinking of how warlocks used to gear during Sunwell.

Because it makes sense to balance your stats.

It always did. It's the same reason you would start to value haste more when you had over 1400 spellpower.

2000 seems like a good number, no I haven't done any math.

2000 unbuffed, without inner fire, is still pretty high and absoluete top gearing. So this wouldn't be somtehing you would do before Ulduar comes out.

The reason is mostly because crit rating scales alot better with passive haste (Mind Flay), and increases your damage during a bloodlust (Mind Flay again).

Atleast up to a point of 25% or perhaps 30% unbuffed crit. And then focus on Haste again.

Here I'm specific thinking of how warlocks used to gear during Sunwell.
    2k is easy to do i can go to 2005 sp if i switch to the crafted mace (and i still need a few upgrades just armory me) but i fancy haste so im using the mace from the 10 man naxx whit it i get a decent number of 1976 sp UB did some playtesting raid wise and i came up whit a simple rule of thumb , max out spell power is still bether (i played around whit gear and allways ended up whit bigger numbers whit max spell dmg) , havent found anything worth geming for rather then hit(if not caped) and raw dmg , we are not warlocks , the class is not the same or the mechanics so you can't use it at all. If theres a roof were sp scales worse then crit then it's not 2k.

hit > sp > crit/haste is still takes the lead on my book.

Well, not meant to like replace gems, but the idea was this:

[item=40454]

Yellow Socket, 6 crit rating bonus.

So with a [item=40048] that's 9 sp and 14 crit. Crit á 0.63 = 9 + (14*0.63) = 17.82

That's still less than the 19 from a [item=39998] , but at a high spellpower value, such as 2000+ , I could easy imagine crit scaling slightly better due to Bloodlust and even more haste, thus making the 17.82 favourable compared to the 19.

See my point here?

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Mitigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella
    Mitigation?
    No

I really don't understand how hit is buggy atm. When I went into Naxx under capped I was getting misses left and right, not to mention all the mitigated damage.

Not that it matters now I guess that I'm hit capped (aside from the mysterious MF misses).