Leveling a 2nd Protadin

The 1st one I leveled, I leveled prot the entire way and sometimes it was painfully slow. Should I learn to ret and level that way and then just respec to prot?

Re: Leveling a 2nd Protadin

Are you trying to troll? There could be several reasons, such as different server, different faction, different race.

I just want to know how you managed to make a protadin "painfully slow". Pre 3.0 prot was probably the fastest leveling next to hunters and locks.

For those areas where you could really only kill 1 mob at a time, it took almost as much time as it took to kill 5-10 mobs doing the aoe thing.

Deleted

I found prot pretty slow pre-wotlk, but from 70-80 prot was just simple and plain fun. Sure, DPS sucks, but I soloed everything except the Amphitheater and 5-mans in Icecrown Oh, and try to pull atleast 3 mobs at once, your DPS goes up instead of down

For that 70-80 stretch that you say was fun as prot, did you solo in your tanking or dps set?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wraiven
    For that 70-80 stretch that you say was fun as prot, did you solo in your tanking or dps set?
    I don't own a DPS set.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I found prot pretty slow pre-wotlk, but from 70-80 prot was just simple and plain fun.
    I agree =] Although I leveled as ret 1-(about)68. Being prot for 68-70 was really slow, but 70-80 as prot was really easy and I leveled in prot gear only even though I have a dps and heal set. Starting at Borean Tundra was a pain though since I felt like it was overcrowded with ppl. So I had to resort to stealing kills after a while with the insta shield and a lot of instances for me. It just became easier and easier as I went to different zones.

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    Why do you want 2nd paladin? That's just retarded.
    Dude, for when the first one gets tired.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    Why do you want 2nd paladin? That's just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    I found prot pretty slow pre-wotlk, but from 70-80 prot was just simple and plain fun. Sure, DPS sucks, but I soloed everything except the Amphitheater and 5-mans in Icecrown Oh, and try to pull atleast 3 mobs at once, your DPS goes up instead of down
    Pfft... Level Holy imo. I soloed everything including the Icecrown 5-mans.

One HL brings you from 5% health to 100%. So basically as long as you're not getting one-shot, the only thing stopping you from living forever is your mana pool. But Judge Wis and Plea make OOMing a near impossibility. Things like fear, counterspell and stun are really your only problems to cope with. You have to play smart in the face of those, but that's pretty much it.

The Icecrown 5-mans were especially fun. The arena ones took on average 4-6 minutes per boss (whoo! gogo 800dps!) but were a blast to do. My only death throughout was the very first one where you get jumped by like 6 guys at once. I wasn't ready for the sheer combined dps they put out and made a couple gcd mistakes.

Anyhow, imo, any pally spec is a respectable leveling spec. I picked Holy and enjoyed it. I think your choice comes down to how you plan on leveling. If you just want to plow through it as fast as possible, ret is probably best. If you plan on doing a lot of instances, healers are in very high demand right now and tanks are a close second. And there's definately something to be said for leveling the spec you plan on staying. It makes gearing easier as well as giving you plenty of time to become familiar with your character.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.