Eclipse and Crit

It seems to me that 3/3 eclipse gets more and more worhtless as my levels of crit rise. I know that there is a general consensus of this out there also. For the numbers people I am wondering around what levels of crit am I fairly safe to drop down to 2/3 eclipse and still have it proc enough to be a significant dps boost.

Re: Eclipse and Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Buxtin
    It seems to me that 3/3 eclipse gets more and more worhtless as my levels of crit rise. I know that there is a general consensus of this out there also. For the numbers people I am wondering around what levels of crit am I fairly safe to drop down to 2/3 eclipse and still have it proc enough to be a significant dps boost.
    One point is enough to get most of the eclipse benifit. The cooldown is the most significant factor in determining when eclipse procs. You could drop down to 1 point now and it would proc at about the same rate as your currently seeing.

My rotation normally consists of FF, MS, IS and basically spamming wrath. I dropped Eclipse totally because most of the time I am refreshing my dots and FF when eclipse procs...

I found that I get more DPS when not having to worry about procs.
    Click me for my Armory ^.^

25: NR 15/15, VoA 1/1, OS 1/1 1D, 2D, 3D, EoE 1/1

Yes, I realized that the CD on eclipse itself is in itself a waste to extra points. I am currently at 17% crit and like 1650 Spell self buffed. I generally Starfire till eclipse, then wrath while its up. I have a mod that monitors the CD of eclipse that way while I know im on CD I can focus my attention elsewhere rather then waiting for my proc.

I figure Is soon will drop to 2/3 eclipse.

I would drop down to 1/3.

Specially because if you got 3/3 then your Eclipes with proc very early in a boss fight and then threat can be a problem. If it comes later, the tank will be more in fron of you and you will benifit more from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxtin
    Yes, I realized that the CD on eclipse itself is in itself a waste to extra points. I am currently at 17% crit and like 1650 Spell self buffed. I generally Starfire till eclipse, then wrath while its up. I have a mod that monitors the CD of eclipse that way while I know im on CD I can focus my attention elsewhere rather then waiting for my proc.

I figure Is soon will drop to 2/3 eclipse.
    I assume that this is you. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...7thol&n=Buxtin

Your best bet is to go 1/3 eclipse, 3/3 Celestial Focus, and 3/3, Imp IS.

You don't seen to understand how the Eclipse buff works. I posted a piece on my blog a couple of months ago to outlight how the buff works. The values are different because the buff has changed but the basic math is the same. You can find it here http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/20...r-eclipse.html

To summerize it in really general terms, if you have 3/3 eclipse you get 100%. However, do to the cooldown you can get about 67% of that buff with just one point. The second point will only get you an extra 22%, and the third point will get you the last 11%.

You will probably get a greater benifit from putting the second and 3rd points into Celestial and Imp FF if you don't need the mana regen.

15+ Year Old Account

If you are using eclipse properly, you have 3/3 and use wrath to proc a starfire eclipse. Any less than 3/3 and your chances of proccing it fall too low.

Yeah really a lot of time you're looking for wrath to proc it so 3/3 is the way to go, i'm 3/3 and even then I find it can take a while for a proc.