Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    They are two distinct playstyles.

    Holy is throwing renews and ProM and waiting to throw that monster gheal till it's needed. Guardian spirit is an oh sh!t button that will stop someone from dying and they have a quick group heal that provides nice utility. Mana is conserved by allowing regen to tick between throwing big heals

    Example Build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfxtcs0qihVcst

    Discipline is constant barrage of heals meant to keep a tank topped off. Power Word: Shield, renew, ProM and once the tank gets 7-9k down penance. Flash heals while Penance is on CD. Gheal is an emergency heal for a tank down 9k despite your efforts while penance is on CD. Pain Supression is an oh sh!t button that reduces damage taken to allow you to play catch-up. Mana is conserved via crit healing creating mini-shields and rapture returns mana based off of direct healing spells.

    Example Build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhxtbxoicRtbxtc

    Both work very well at what they do, Holy is great for group healing and utility (good MT healers) Disc is a top-notch tank healer, who, like a paladin, may suffer in group-healing situations, but can easily pull through with work and is a very active playstyle.

  2. #22

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Just to jump on the threadjack. I found the tank + heals teamup with my wife was great for getting quick instance pickup groups. Very fun when we wanted to instance. But honestly, slow for questing/leveling. When we made two damage characters with alittle tanking (hunter/tankpet + mage), leveling went much, much faster. And most quests are made to solo so you kill things so fast you rarely need healing. BUT, this did put the kaibosh on quick easy instance groups.

  3. #23

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Quote Originally Posted by insidelane
    I'll help your girlfriend

  4. #24

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Considering she loves shadow
    Let her stay shadow. It's far superior.

  5. #25

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    i refuse to help her unless you post pics of her. 8)


    seriously tho, tell her to roll shadow and be fine.

    on a seriously serious note, give me her number and i can tell her...


    8)
    It's just a game.

  6. #26

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    Quote Originally Posted by insidelane
    I'll help your girlfriend
    and:

    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    Considering she loves shadow
    if that's so then reroll boomkin and rock everyones socks off
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

  7. #27

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    The trick with all 3 specs, Disc, Holy and Shadow, is all of them require different attributes in order to properly play the spec.
    Now, the thing that is great about the new Disc tree is it is really reliant on Crit and spellpower, just like Shadow is. Therefore, without losing too much in gear, you can roll Disc to heal and Shadow for DPS. The trick will be finding the proper one-sy two-sy gear to replace to obtai the proper +Hit for shadow and Mp5/Int for Disc.

    Disc is truely a unique healing class in that your not actually healing for applying HoT's. You are essentially Preventing (mitigating) damage. This makes you look incredibly weak Heal metters but who cares. If everyone is alive, then the job was done.

    As for spec, Disc is not fun questing with because of slow cast time and lack of spellpower that Holy gives you. With both specs, i would at least go Spirit Tap and Imp Spirit tap, but that is it for the shadow tree.

    FYI, In the future Patch, Blizzard is looking to impliment Duel specs so I would go the Disc/Shadow route. Only issue is getting familiar with Disc healing because of it's uncommon characteristics.

    And Grats on getting your girlfriend to play. Mine Despises the game but as long as she is reading her books, im playing wow :P

  8. #28

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Whoa.... she is level 76... a casual player and still has no clue? hmmmmmmm
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

  9. #29
    Fluffy Kitten Alski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earthquake rubble
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

    ^ this is the spec im aiming towards with my priest. lvl 62 atm and its deep disc with spirit tap , when spirit tap is active i have around 500-550mp WHILE casting

    healed all the instances ive done fine and never have any mana problems while questing, infact i cant even remember the last time i had to sit down and drink

  10. #30

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Righteousone
    The trick with all 3 specs, Disc, Holy and Shadow, is all of them require different attributes in order to properly play the spec.
    Now, the thing that is great about the new Disc tree is it is really reliant on Crit and spellpower, just like Shadow is. Therefore, without losing too much in gear, you can roll Disc to heal and Shadow for DPS. The trick will be finding the proper one-sy two-sy gear to replace to obtai the proper +Hit for shadow and Mp5/Int for Disc.

    Disc is truely a unique healing class in that your not actually healing for applying HoT's. You are essentially Preventing (mitigating) damage. This makes you look incredibly weak Heal metters but who cares. If everyone is alive, then the job was done.

    As for spec, Disc is not fun questing with because of slow cast time and lack of spellpower that Holy gives you. With both specs, i would at least go Spirit Tap and Imp Spirit tap, but that is it for the shadow tree.

    FYI, In the future Patch, Blizzard is looking to impliment Duel specs so I would go the Disc/Shadow route. Only issue is getting familiar with Disc healing because of it's uncommon characteristics.

    And Grats on getting your girlfriend to play. Mine Despises the game but as long as she is reading her books, im playing wow :P
    I'd say holy and shadow share more synergy than disc and shadow right now since holy and shadow tend to get more value out of crit, spellpower and spirit. Disc builds seem to benefit more from haste, int and spellpower (or atleast I have).

    I'm not sure why you say Disc has slower cast times. Penance will have its first bolt hit almost immediately (travel time) when you hit the button and you have talents for 5% haste right off the bat with an additional 25% haste grated through borrowed time for one spell (or two if you use penance first) every time you use your shield.

    I won't deny that an equally geared holy priest will have the edge on an equally geared disc priest in terms of spell power. I will point out that the disc priest will have a larger mana pool and thus benefit more from rapture and replinishment than a holy priest will benefit from serendipity and replinishment while having the same I5SR/O5SR regen.

    Anyways, to the OP, tell your girl to pick which spec she finds more fun. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhxtMxsVfRt0xxZh is the build I run but with 3 into spirit tap instead of inspiration.

  11. #31

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistar
    "Help My girlfriend's priest "

    Wow you're such a showoff. Christ.
    lol maybe he has a ugly girlfriend, it would have been showing off he had posted a pic of his girlfriend and she looked smoking hot which i doub :P
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

  12. #32

    Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    I'd say holy and shadow share more synergy than disc and shadow right now since holy and shadow tend to get more value out of crit, spellpower and spirit. Disc builds seem to benefit more from haste, int and spellpower (or atleast I have).

    I'm not sure why you say Disc has slower cast times. Penance will have its first bolt hit almost immediately (travel time) when you hit the button and you have talents for 5% haste right off the bat with an additional 25% haste grated through borrowed time for one spell (or two if you use penance first) every time you use your shield.

    I won't deny that an equally geared holy priest will have the edge on an equally geared disc priest in terms of spell power. I will point out that the disc priest will have a larger mana pool and thus benefit more from rapture and replinishment than a holy priest will benefit from serendipity and replinishment while having the same I5SR/O5SR regen.

    Anyways, to the OP, tell your girl to pick which spec she finds more fun. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhxtMxsVfRt0xxZh is the build I run but with 3 into spirit tap instead of inspiration.
    Reason for saying Disc and Shadow scale better is because with Disc, You want more crit with Disc than Holy because the more you crit, the more Bubbles you put up through Divine Aegis. The more bubbles, the less you have to heal which is great because since your heals are significantly weaker, you do not want to continue throwing them out there. I also do not think Spirit is as amazing to have as Shadow as it is holy but to each is own.

    And I was actually saying the cast time on Holy was faster because I didn't grab Divine Fury when I went Disc. With the spec you made though it makes since for questing but as healing, you wont find yourself throwing out too many Gheals as Disc because you don't want your 8 sec Grace buff falling off your target.

    The true benefit you get from Holy is the slight increase in damage that scales well with your increase in Spell Power.

    All i all, I would go with the spec you gave him. It is a very nice build.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •