Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help My girlfriend's priest :)

Hi all,

Me and my girl play wow together, I play about 40% more then she does still we consider us a casual players. I am a bear druid and she plays a holy priest.
    My question to you guy's is to help us out with her priest since I don't know a lot about casters let alone healers and she inst that experienced either (started with wow not so long ago, her first MMO).

Our plan:
    Do some normals and heroics, maby in the future one or 2 raids.

Her spec:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

Prerequisites:
    Because of the casual play style it would be great to come up with a specc where she can do a bit of damage as well to quest around.
    Another one is she really doest want to loose spirit tap.

On to of a descent specc I would like to hear some opinions on gear 2. So basically she is gathering 2 sets of gear one for solo questing and one for healing.
    For the healing gear she is looking for spirit and spell power to stack and for dps gear she is looking for spell power and stamina. Is this correct?

Would be great if some of you pro's could give us some hints keeping the above in mind.

Forward thanks

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Re: Help My girlfriend's priest :)

Well nowadays Discipline can heal just as good as holy but a totally different playstyle..for now id say go Disci but get some of the offensive talents too, as this offers great survivability and damage.

Or if shes persistant to have some points in shadow, go up to mind flay then rest in Holy i guess, That would work.

Or just wait till dual speccs come and she can be Shadow one day and holy/disc another day

"Help My girlfriend's priest "

Wow you're such a showoff. Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistar
    "Help My girlfriend's priest "

And you're so jealous/bitter. Christ.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alistar
    While I agree it's irrelevant, how is it showing off?
    Showing off what?

That his girlfriend plays WoW? The fact he has a girlfriend? That they play together?
    What bothers you so much?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVsbzhxzbZfbxcfbqVhVIo

is the build that i would go with

Looking at the current spec, since she won't do pvp (with this spec) drop blessed recovery, and blessed resilience.

Get meditation in disc otherwise spirit isn't that good.

For the rest it looks decent enough.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    And you're so jealous/bitter. Christ.
    I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Showing off what?

That his girlfriend plays WoW? The fact he has a girlfriend? That they play together?
    It bothers me that it's irrelevant in a topic. And the "", which is very unusual in a topic, makes it showoffish.

I'll help your girlfriend

I wouldn't take that spirit tap shadow thingie

Since priest now needs loads of spirit she won't go oom by farming.

It's going even better.
    Farming is holy priest atm:

Dot 5 or 6 mobs shield on you'reselve then target 1 and cast mind sear.
    Finish them off with holy nove and you just killed 5 - 6 mobs without any problem.
    For mana, the spirit will do the rest about mana regen and you still got you're shadowfiend to regen some extra mana

Just take something like this build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfbxcfMqihVcsx

2 points free just put it wherever you like, holy crit or guardian spirit, or serendipity.

This way her healing will be nice and if she wanna farm no worries she still can go for about 1000 dps killing some none elites

I'd pop 2 free points into spirit tap tbh. it'll give you 0 downtime if you're questing in gear with loads of spirit. I think 1000 spirit is like 900 mp5 (os5sr) so every kill would give you 1800 mp5 for 15 secs.

Deleted

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

use something like that. She should do more than enough damage with that. The points in the Disc tree are mandatory, every priest has those. The 3 Points in Spirit Tap are more than enough so she never ever has to regenerate mana actively.
    Blessed Resilience and Blessed Recovery are PvP Talents, you dont get a crit hit from mobs twice in a row and you are a priest that doesnt get oom, so you dont need talents that heal you passively, you just Renew yourself in between fights.
    This is something like an optimal specc for normals/Heroics !&! Solo farming. I wouldnt advise on using that in a Raid Environment.

Thanks for the replies

I still got some questions left, like what stats should she aim for?
    In healing gear I would assume spirit > Int > Spell power
    In dsp gear Spell power > Crit>

Is this correct?

PS
    If it bother you so much Alistar dont read and reply please. You are polluting a topic with nonsense.

Funny story, my gf and I play and I'm the priest she's the bear.

As Disc she would want to prioritize Int, Crit, and Spellpower then consider spellhaste and Mp5 /spirit respectively

As Holy she should prioritize Spirit, Spellpower and Crit and then Int Spellhaste respectively.

Honestly as far as being able to kill things well, you should just get up there and play meatshield while she uses Holy Nova a few times to start and then Mindsear the packs down. That's how we got a lot of quests done.

If you two aren't leveling together, I would just take my normal disc healing build and steal points to fill in reflective shield. Then she can just dot, throw a shield up and wand and watch mobs beat themselves to death

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbuhLt0xsicRtbxtc

I stole the points out of Imp Divine Spirit and Mental Agility to create room for reflective shield.

You could throw more into Disc for some extra goodies, but inspiration is a must-have for tank healing, which is what Disc does and Desperate prayer is is awesome for soloing and oh sh!t moments.

You can argue about taking points out of Divine Fury, but if you have to cast gheal as disc, you probably don't have time for the extra .5 seconds.

Ok kinda off subject but here i go,

So me and my fiancee play wow together, when she started she decided to roll a priest and i rolled a war to level with her.

I know two other couples that play wow together and it both their cases the guy plays war and the girl plays priest.

I was just wondering if other ppl have noticed this phenomenon and would like to see an elevated intelligent discussion on gender rolls in wow.

Sorry but anyone who feels I ma showing off because I have a smiley in my subject you are all pathetic... really.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Showing off what?

As we are all here extremely civilized people (and smart ofc) let us think together why was his girlfriend included in the first place? Was it to show off what? I do think that's the question you need to ask not the poster of reply but the topic poster.
    Why?
    Because mostly we don't need to know whom are we helping, he could just ask "Help me with the build", still he had to mention his girlfriend which indicates on something he had in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chunx0r
    Ok kinda off subject but here i go,

So me and my fiancee play wow together, when she started she decided to roll a priest and i rolled a war to level with her.

I know two other couples that play wow together and it both their cases the guy plays war and the girl plays priest.

I was just wondering if other ppl have noticed this phenomenon and would like to see an elevated intelligent discussion on gender rolls in wow.

If that is possible on these forums I would love to join in on that kind of discussion.

Because you Zedzedicuz is one of the few who can reply in a mature and civil way I will elaborate on the why:
    I did because it would create a wider background picture. This way people will know that they are helping someone via someone else. This would create understanding form my lack of class knowledge thus resulting in a more efficient answer to my questions instead of one liners like l2p or go read about the basics of a priest etc. If I posted something completely stupid in terms of priest I would not get flamed for it. Also it elaborates the play styles, the type of player and most common situations the player will encounter all factors needed to be taken into account when building up an efficient character.
    On top of that I don't know about you but I like to know some background information on the situation the person I am trying to help is in. Excuse me in being honest here and elaborating my situation instead of making up a bogus story because some members of the mmo-champion community are getting a stiff e-peen when the female sex is mentioned. If I would have played with my brother you would have seen the word "girlfriend" replaced by "brother" or if it was anyone else "fill in buddy you play with".

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a similar question. My wife leveled a priest right before expac, as we were tired LF Healer. Since it was right before expac, she stayed shadow. Before this she leveld a loc and hunter (background for playstyle). So she dinged 80 yesterday, and now to become a real healer.

Considering she loves shadow (sound like OP's GF), what would be a good spec? Does Disc really heal as good as Holy? What is the "Standard Best Spec?" for a healer, like my DPS mage is 0/53/18 conventional wisdom.

Once again like OP I have never healed, I have a Loc, Mage, Hunter, and cat. All I know about healing is I need them.
    "Peace is a lie"