Boomkin Raiding and haste stacking

atm self buffed i stand at 1507 bonus damage, 17.97% crit, 277 hit, and 416 haste (12.69%, 18.69% with Imp moonkin form and c focus)

My question is about whether this is too much haste. Does haste stack as a function of √x or as x^2. Meaning would 200 haste be worth MORE than twice as much as 100 haste, or would 200 haste be worth LESS than twice as much as 100.

Re: Boomkin Raiding and haste stacking

I’ll start off with the numbers. At 80, the conversion of crit/1% is 45.91 rating per 1%. For haste it’s 32.79/1%. Here you see that haste is cheaper to itemize for. Take a piece with 100 haste, and 100 crit. This gives you ~3% haste and ~2.5% crit. The piece that has 100 haste will give you a better dps gain.
    That is something that I read on another forum. I would imagine that you would want a "happy" mix of both haste and crit, but if you have to decide between the two, it is probably easier in some cases to take haste over crit because it seems like more and more pieces have more haste then crit now.

Re: Boomkin Raiding and haste stacking

Simple rule of thumb: generally (in raid-quality gear) if you find yourself going OOM, go for critical strike, if you aren't go for haste.