Thread: Druid Heals %'s

Druid Heals %'s

Let me start with i think im a decent healer .
    I recently got recount and have been watching my healing %'s on all my heals, and just want to get some other input of any one that might know thier spells healing %'s, and mabye what spells healing %'s should be. I am at work and is just going to give you an off the top of my heroics numbers last night.

Using Glyphs Lifebloom, Regrowth, Swiftmend.

Lifebloom - 22%
    Rejuve- 20%
    Wild Growth - 17%
    Regrowth - 15%
    Nourish - 12%
    Swiftmend - 10%
    Living Seed - 1%
    NS/Healing touch - 3%

(I just drew a little pie chart to try to jog my self from what i remember of last nights charts)
    I am just inquiring on if i am under using or over using somthing. Made me think of this after reading about the wildgrowth CD ( and CoH CD) that is coming in the patch, and how much you should be using your aoe heal. I have to admit i love Wild growth, and at first i think i was abusing it but i think i am good now.

So what do ya guys think
    Thx.

Re: Druid Heals %'s

This seems reasonable

Tho I have one point, why use living seed? The 3 points are much more valuable in Natural perfection which gives 3% crit imo since the function is corrupt.

3% crit > 1% healing imo.
    More crits - more Natures grace - more healing

And the use of WG seems nice. I aswell love abusing it but it can be easily used to much but your % seems fair to me!

Peace

well funny you say that about living seed.... the other reason for getting recount was to see what its acctually doing and even thou it makes sense when i first picked it up didnt think about "acctual healing done" for the healing you get from living seed and now i see how bad it is. i do have natural perfection already. I have 2 points in balance for futher rooting and cycloning cuase i like to do pvp, but i may take those 2 points along with the 3 i am taking out of living seed and put all 5 in to Gift of the earth mother, but def taking the 3 and putting them up in there.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...M%C3%B2rphling

Ok Morphling your specc is corrupt.. "cus I like to PvP" what's all that about

A PvP specc should be dealt with seperetly, in PvE it's all about healing and mana efficency.

I use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VGzu0hZZf0IubuxVuA0st which I think is the best specc for healing in all ways.

The 3% haste from Celestial focus is awsome and I dont think alot of ppl are playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jockeftw
    This seems reasonable

Tho I have one point, why use living seed? The 3 points are much more valuable in Natural perfection which gives 3% crit imo since the function is corrupt.

And the use of WG seems nice. I aswell love abusing it but it can be easily used to much but your % seems fair to me!

Peace
    i think that if u use regrowth correctly u dont need 3 more % crit to gain ur nature grace... it still have about 60% crit chance...i cannot explain how can u heal only 1% by living seed that imo is a great talent...living seed is a direct heal and u cannot overheal it...it sounds strange...

Quote Originally Posted by the_b4ll
    i think that if u use regrowth correctly u dont need 3 more % crit to gain ur nature grace... it still have about 60% crit chance...i cannot explain how can u heal only 1% by living seed that imo is a great talent...living seed is a direct heal and u cannot overheal it...it sounds strange...
    If you crit on some one with only a 1k deficet, with a 7k regrowth, living seed only heals them for 300. its only acctual healing done by the crit heal.

Ok Morphling your specc is corrupt.. "cus I like to PvP" what's all that about

A PvP specc should be dealt with seperetly, in PvE it's all about healing and mana efficency.

I use http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VGzu0hZZf0IubuxVuA0st which I think is the best specc for healing in all ways.

The 3% haste from Celestial focus is awsome and I dont think alot of ppl are playing with it.
    Well having the range on your roots and cyclong is what pvp is all about for a resto druid and support sorry to break it to ya, and you say my healing spec is corrupt and you link a spec with 1 points in brambles....sorry but i am forced to not take what you say seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by spaycez
    Well having the range on your roots and cyclong is what pvp is all about for a resto druid and support sorry to break it to ya, and you say my healing spec is corrupt and you link a spec with 1 points in brambles....sorry but i am forced to not take what you say seriously.
    Made ma laugh, Cant you see why I have 1 point in brambles? I need 1 point to get down to Celestial focus and Why not take something that increse the tank TPS a lil instead of something that wont do_anything_ good for PvE.

Peace

tanks threat isnt a problem any more i would rather still have one point in natures reach, to pick up celestrial focus if i decide to pick it up, heck i would rather have a point in imp moonfire than brambles...i mean come on ...

living seed might not account for much healing but you usually only use regrowth when someone is taking a lot of dmg and you need some quick big healing if someone gets aggro or something, and its really nice to have that 30% shield on them to give you time to put a rejuv/lb on them

and as for threat not being important any more, its better to put the point in brambles (that will have a tiny tiny efffect on pve) than in something that will have no effect at all (range on cyclone/roots example).

im still not sure if the spell haste is worth losing the living seed + 1 replenish tho.. my build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0VG0uZZf0IubuxVuAust

i think for someone with excellent gear, sacrificing +heal/regen might be worth it for a little more speed.. not sure.. i would probably still stick to the +heal output/regen.

Living Seed is a waste of three points. I would suggest putting more in balance so when you crit, u dont heal for say 1% but get an instant cast, or perhaps even more haste, so you cast faster and - in theory - would heal more as you heal sooner.

I WOULD NOT ADD 1 point in moonfire or brambles, that is what oomkinds are for, if you are in a 25 man raid, you would never use starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    I WOULD NOT ADD 1 point in moonfire or brambles, that is what oomkinds are for, if you are in a 25 man raid, you would never use starfire.
    The celestial focus talent are not for starfire, it gives you 3% haste which is alot better then both replenish and Living seed

This seems reasonable

Peace

Obviously you haven't read the talent. It specifically states: that it plants a living seed on the target that heals for 30% of the amount healed. Now for you folks who can't do math. This means that if you get a 7k-8k crit regrowth. 30% of 7k-8k = 2.1k-2.4k living seed to stand on the target and proc when it gets hit. Now spec'd into regrowth and living seed you have a 100% chance for that 2.1+k or so living seed to be there 60% or more of the time (depending on your extra crit ratings).

I find this to be pretty dang useful as a resto druid with more than +2.1k heals raid buffed. I pop a regrowth and rejuv on the main tank before the pull and sit back to wait it out until i need to pop a few more heals on the raid and I also have the talents in:
    * improved HT
    * 2 in the speed up of HT
    * Nature's grace
    * the glyph of healing touch and
    * a good amount of haste

This way HT is much better, faster, and hits a lot harder than any nourish (I usually crit for between 6-9k and proc ANOTHER living seed). It's about a 1 - 1.4 second cast for me and not much more mana than the nourish and with over 1.2k spirit raid buffed I get that mana back in 5 seconds or so. Thoughts? I only really use that HT when big heals are needed very very quickly. Such as on the last 5% berserk on Patchwerk or if someone is dying and that is the only thing that will save them.

Cylix, you have some pretty uber stats, so things might be different for you. ..

For me, however, I simply don't have the mana to drop a regrowth every time living seed gets popped. While I agree, 2.1k is nothing to sneeze at, the fact that you have to spend mana you might otherwise not in order to put it in place seems to make it inefficient to me.

Typically, I run a regrowth>rejuv>lifebloom>nourish>nourish rotation. Usually I can get in two nourishes before the lifebloom expires, and then rinse and repeat. I use this only when I'm single target healing.

Am I missing something? It seems like your way would just rip through mana too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylix

Obviously you haven't read the talent. It specifically states: that it plants a living seed on the target that heals for 30% of the amount healed. Now for you folks who can't do math. This means that if you get a 7k-8k crit regrowth. 30% of 7k-8k = 2.1k-2.4k living seed to stand on the target and proc when it gets hit. Now spec'd into regrowth and living seed you have a 100% chance for that 2.1+k or so living seed to be there 60% or more of the time (depending on your extra crit ratings).
    That is of course if your never overheal. Because the seed only heals 30% of the effective healing done by your critical spell.
    If that 8k Regrowth overheals for 7k then all you have left is a 33x living seed.

I still specc into it, because I like the idea behind it. Even though lots of people keep saying that it is a waste of 3 points.