Thread: Divine Plea

Divine Plea

I know that season 5 has not started so it will all be speculation.

From a pvp point of view, is Divine Plea overpowered? Druids have to wait on a 6 min. timer, mages 5, shamans 5, spriest 3. So, while other classes will have to get OOC to drink, paladins will have this skill to use. I ask on this forum because I am not familiar enough with the paladin and its mana issues.

So, is the Divine Plea cooldown too low, or too potent for pvp?
    Come back with your shield or on it.

Re: Divine Plea

In 2v2 it will be wery powerfull, 3v3 and 5v5 only if the matches are even and you end up with 1-3 ppl dead on each side. Palas were easy to take out of the game with mana draining from priests, hunters and locks, but it realy needs to be tested first, since holy palas lack things other healers have ( like a useable dps ability, dispells, fears roots spell interrupts etc)

dude, don't compare classes and skills like that... here one example to show you the issue: holylight costs about 1,1k mana - manapool of a ret is about 6k... got the point? it may takes about 3-4 heals and you are fuckin' oom, don't except you have to use other skills though...

anyway as a prot you never should go oom and nor should a holy or let us say, not THAT fast... devine plea was developed most likely for the mana issue of the retribution paladin because there is no more int on their gear and so they had to fuck up anyway no matter if their skill got 1min cd bringing back 25% mana...

but for holy I guess you think that they will outlast every other healer right? ... the problem here is, that's half true - thrink about, the most holies couldn't even use their pool before 3.0 and 80... the problem is the lack of ae healing/hots etc but anyway... the point is: the talent is fine - and every class got its advantages...

Its really not that powerful. It takes 20sec to complete. If you have a 15K it will regen 3,000 mana over 20sec. With most mana draining moves being able to keep up at this rate. Paladins will have to protect it just like druids with inervate etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Æika
    dude, don't compare classes and skills like that... here one example to show you the issue: holylight costs about 1,1k mana - manapool of a ret is about 6k... got the point? it may takes about 3-4 heals and you are fuckin' oom, don't except you have to use other skills though...

anyway as a prot you never should go oom and nor should a holy or let us say, not THAT fast... devine plea was developed most likely for the mana issue of the retribution paladin because there is no more int on their gear and so they had to fuck up anyway no matter if their skill got 1min cd bringing back 25% mana...

but for holy I guess you think that they will outlast every other healer right? ... the problem here is, that's half true - thrink about, the most holies couldn't even use their pool before 3.0 and 80... the problem is the lack of ae healing/hots etc but anyway... the point is: the talent is fine - and every class got it's advantages...
    If I'm not to compare them to other classes, who am I supposed to compare them against? If the skills are similar, it makes sense to me to try and compare them versus their other utilities. How many times will a ret paladin be casting holy light vs. using other skills and GCDs in pvp? Really, is the ret mana issue that bad? If you have a small pool but are able to keep it up fairly well, then it doesn't matter that you have a small pool. Also, would you even be healing yourself with Divine Plea on you? Doesn't it decrease heals on you? I doubt we'll be seeing much of prot in pvp out of bgs.

Anyways, Divine Skill is also an ability, correct? One that you just pay for. Not one that is talented like spriest or shaman. Being able to do it in combat and having to cover it is just like everyone else though so I won't complain about that.
    Come back with your shield or on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanzio
    Really, is the ret mana issue that bad?
    Against a rogue/warrior, no. However every mana using class needs (and has) a way of getting mana back in case they get drained and are stuck in combat. Divine Plea is that tool for Ret + Prot(think Kaz'rogal).

Will Holy benefit? Sure. Instead of running away to go drink, you'll see holy paladins run away, pop DP, and then drink. The cooldown is shorter than innervate and evocate, but so is the mana returned. Yes a paladin can heal while DP is regening mana, but there's a hefty penalty to healing done. I think those are fair tradeoffs.

beacon is a nice tool that gives ret/prot something but really, since it returns a small set % of mana, it's not OP in the least, even on a 1 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak
    Its really not that powerful. It takes 20sec to complete. If you have a 15K it will regen 3,000 mana over 20sec. With most mana draining moves being able to keep up at this rate. Paladins will have to protect it just like druids with inervate etc.
    Actually, it would only take 15sec and would recover 3.5k mana.

There's one key thing you guys aren't considering though: They intend to change mana draining to where skills would drain a percent of mana. This will drain a holy pally's mana much faster.
    Another thing worth mentioning... A druid would only innervate when he gets some distance because of it being dispellable, whereas a pally has no mechanism so will always be right there for you to dispel.
    It's not overpowered IMO.

It's purgable so it isn't a limitless mana button but other than that I have to say it works well for all three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by sanzio
    Druids have to wait on a 6 min. timer, mages 5, shamans 5, spriest 3. So, while other classes will have to get OOC to drink, paladins will have this skill to use.
    You did not mention Water shield which is no cooldown on, and does not require any mana to throw on yourself. If u get hit it regnerates quite alot

Mangooz - 85 - Paladin - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Nerfness - 80 - Rogue - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Twiiz - 80 - Death Knight - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Tazy - 80 - Mage - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Blackrage - 85 - Warlock - Tarren Mill - Horde
    Turdz - 80 - Warrior - Silvermoon - Alliance

Seeing how it comes with a -20% healing done penalty and is dispellable it seems unlikely to me that this is going to be 'overpowered' in a way it needs nerfing in regards to Holy Paladin. The paladin can't afford to pop it if one of his friends is suffering severe pain and hurt nor can he hope to benefit from it when within direct LoS of a shaman or priest. If your team plays the "we can last longer than you" game then yeah, you'll probably dislike Divine Plea on the enemy's side. But if you apply enough pain and hurt the paladin won't get a chance to use it and if he does anyway its an excellent time to start nuking.

2vs2 might be the place where against certain setups it makes life piss easy but its too early to tell right now and 2vs2 always has had that problem anyway.

Since the two builds that will need to use this have miniscule mana pools it won't effect that much. (Prot and Ret)

A Holy pally won't need it unless the fight goes beyond 3-4 minutes. which in 2v2 or 3v3 is practically unheardof.

I used to do Holy + SL/SL Warlock for 2v2 and some fights would last quite long (and with a lot of drain). I also did Holy + Marks Hunter and some of those matchups lasted more than 4 min.

I wonder if Divine Plea stacks with MS/WP or is it capped at -50% healing?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

The way the mechanic works its not over powered, compared to a druid that can go bear, and has some of the best hots, and second best aoe healing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlade
    It does stack I believe

Also I love the QQ about it being for ret and ret only, when ret + X matches last what? 1 min if your lucky

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBlade
    Don't think it's a question of stacking.
    Divine plea reduces the PALADIN's effective healing by 20%. Mortal Strike reduces the healing recieved by the TARGET.

Holy Light hits for 10000 HP.
    Holy Light with Divine Plea up hits for 8000 HP.
    Holy Light with Divine Plea up cast on target with MS debuff hits for 4000 HP.
    Paladin goes off to corner of arena and cries.