up coming armor changes & items

i was just wondering with the up coming armor changes has anyone figure out which weapons / items would be better now?

Re: up coming armor changes & items

Not sure how he has worked it out but http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/ is a really good resource and is weighted towards the new changes as well as current.

Again... same as your other post. Changes haven't happened yet so we don't know exacts, just guessing really.

thanks that site was useful... yea i am not sure how he got his figures but there seems to be logic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Again... same as your other post. Changes haven't happened yet so we don't know exacts, just guessing really.
    well there is always the test server and all the numbers are there to theorycraft. dont be so negitive

15+ Year Old Account

Man swiftly could you actualy go out and try reading the changes for once, All the info you could ever want has been posted right here on MMO-champion.

1) Bonus armor (armor on weapons,rings,trinkets,neck pieces) will no longer be multiplyed by the bear form multiplier

2) Survival of the Fittest talent will get an additional bonus. In addition to its current effects (stats and crit prevention), it will now also increase armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 22/44/66%

i think even you can understand that.

Deleted

What these changes mean, all in all, is that the bonus armor we would get from having rings and trinkets with armor, is just baked into our leather gear. We no longer have to take that 500 armor trinket over one with, say, dodge or stamina, and we could get away with using a stamina/agility ring instead of a tanking one with armor/sta/def. Its quite simple: Take the modifier off the jewelry and staves, and put it on the leather gear we're wearing.

Calculations done before show that in most cases, this will buff our armor slightly, unless you're a 25 man fully epic'ed druid, but it opens a lot of fun possibilities. For example, currently i would not at all get rid of Badge of Tenacity, because the armor and the agility use ability is simply godlike, but with this change i can finally brach out to other trinkets (currently using BOT and Essence of Gossamer (sp?), and while i would like the trinket from Gundrak heroic, it wont be as cruceal for me after the patch). I might even go get the nobles deck with 90 agility and a 300 agility proc, instead of the badge trinket for tanking.

15+ Year Old Account

Stop asking and L2RAWR

It already includes the model (optional atm) to check stats with the armor change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    thanks that site was useful... yea i am not sure how he got his figures but there seems to be logic to it.

well there is always the test server and all the numbers are there to theorycraft. dont be so negitive
    AFAIK the test server isn't loaded with these changes. You are guessing off blue posts... when they change things pretty rapidly.

I'm not being negAtive, just stating the truth.

i do have rawr and i do read all the blue post for about 90% of the classes. i wanted to put out a post about it and what items people are going to go with. 150-400 armor on an item is still armor even if not multiplied or do people plan on using kitty gear.

i guess i wanted to have a nice discussion with other theory crafters vs noobs that just randomly post saying there is a program called rawr or read the GC post. assuming i knew about it and posted about it any ways means i read it prior. this site is stuff i was talking about.

http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/

would be nice if i know how he figured out the numbers he got for rating gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Man swiftly could you actualy go out and try reading the changes for once, All the info you could ever want has been posted right here on MMO-champion.

1) Bonus armor (armor on weapons,rings,trinkets,neck pieces) will no longer be multiplyed by the bear form multiplier

2) Survival of the Fittest talent will get an additional bonus. In addition to its current effects (stats and crit prevention), it will now also increase armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 22/44/66%

i think even you can understand that.
    thanks i did read the GC post it is the reason why i am reaching out to other theory crafters in discussion to most effective items for accessories like rings neck cloak and weapons.

but i guess you wouldnt understand that yet. someone has to do the number crunching into order for noobs like you to follow.

i do have rawr and i do read all the blue post for about 90% of the classes. i wanted to put out a post about it and what items people are going to go with. 150-400 armor on an item is still armor even if not multiplied or do people plan on using kitty gear.

i guess i wanted to have a nice discussion with other theory crafters vs noobs that just randomly post saying there is a program called rawr or read the GC post. assuming i knew about it and posted about it any ways means i read it prior. this site is stuff i was talking about.

thanks i did read the GC post it is the reason why i am reaching out to other theory crafters in discussion to most effective items for accessories like rings neck cloak and weapons.

but i guess you wouldnt understand that yet. someone has to do the number crunching into order for noobs like you to follow.
    Seriously? You resort to calling people noobs here? There are multiple threads on this same issue here. Thats why we are not extremely enthusiastic about theorycrafting your post. It's just going to be the same stuff we value now without armor taking a high priority; i.e. Agi, Stam, Dodge, Exp. If you are reading wowthinktank and this one, then you could come up with that on your own.

15+ Year Old Account

oh swiftly i understand full well, i have been tanking and theory crafting on my druid for the last 3 years. going by this thread and the other threads you have posted its you that needs the number crunching done for you. maybe next time you should think before hitting reply

15+ Year Old Account

First, if you can't spot a friendly answer from a QQ, and you can't avoid getting pissed off for nothing, then get some fresh air
    I didn't state Rawr for nothing. The fact that it included statistic and numbers for 3.0.4 means the math model is already there. There is a community and a feedback on the site. There is the source code. Rawr creator (at least for what concerns Bears) is active on EJ.

i was just wondering with the up coming armor changes has anyone figure out which weapons / items would be better now?
    *This* is what you wrote. If you want to see the best items, you *can* just use a program.
    If you want to grasp the theorycrafting behind, then why don't you take the hint and ask the correct people? I'm pretty confident all numbers and math are already up on EJ or accessible through the Rawr community.

Al Alski said, the words and tone of your posts aren't stating that you want to start a discussion. You said you want to *see* why some items are better than other. If you wanted an answer full of math why didn't you browse EJ? It is point-blank useless to copypaste an entire thread here just for you. Do as everyone else does: look at the source.

The math doesn't require a long discussion to figure out. Take the changes, calculate the new armor values, then check how good or bad items are based on the derived mitigation points. It's something you can do alone, with just some math (that again, you can find elsewhere and it's no secret) in front of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.