Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: No more feral AP but weapon scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Barney

Again.... there are no patch notes. You don't know what changes they will make to the current feral weapons. If you wanna guess... I say daggers are the best. Lets dual wield them with our rogue tanking gear. WTB fan of knives.
    Seriously barney, what GC has already said are pretty much finalized as patch notes. They make the modifications to one class at a time post the changes in a 'blue' post and then move onto the next class later on the run back thru them to finalize them and make sure they havent done anything to stupid then they release the patch.

here goes a few things that will be in the patches to come.

- In addition to Survival of the Fittests current effects, it will now also increase armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 22/44/66%
    - Bonus armor (rings, trinkets, Amulets) will no longer get the armor multipliers from Thick Hide, Dire Bear form and Survival of the Fittest
    - We are no longer going to have weapons in the game which improve feral attack power. Instead, your attack power will scale based on the dps of the item.
    – We are adding Swipe (Cat) as a baseline ability.
    - Savage Roar will now persist through shapeshifting, but still only affect cat form

anything else i missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Seriously barney, what GC has already said are pretty much finalized as patch notes. They make the modifications to one class at a time post the changes in a 'blue' post and then move onto the next class later on the run back thru them to finalize them and make sure they havent done anything to stupid then they release the patch.

I meant as in... the actual feral weapons in the game (i.e. plaguehound, journey's end), not that they were changing the way it works. They are obviously going to have to change the stats on those. Who is to say that those won't still be the best for us to use? It would most certainly help those who already obtained them in Naxx.

by having our boosted AP being nerfed it is going to subsabtially nerf savage roar

I'm really not looking forwards to this change

don't know why everyone else is

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barney

I meant as in... the actual feral weapons in the game (i.e. plaguehound, journey's end), not that they were changing the way it works. They are obviously going to have to change the stats on those. Who is to say that those won't still be the best for us to use? It would most certainly help those who already obtained them in Naxx.
    The staves will still have the same stats but instead of being their current dps + FAP they will be either 186 or 201dps depending on if they are Ilvl 200 or Ilvl213.

Now that being said if we go and equip them, that weapon dps is converted to FAP so we dont lose out and we still have our stupidly high AP that scales well with SR.

long story short, the staves are still the best in game for us because they contain more agi/stam than anything else sure there are a few maces that get close its just giving us more options in our weapons. the only thing you should be concerned about is arms warriors/hunters taking those staves lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Renamefailed
    by having our boosted AP being nerfed it is going to subsabtially nerf savage roar

I'm really not looking forwards to this change

don't know why everyone else is
    Jesus, did you spend at least ONE minute reading either GC's posts or the answer in this as well as other ten topics?

We will NOT lose our AP.
    What will happen is this: a weapon with X dps, will give us Y attack power. The higher X goes, the higher Y goes.
    You STILL have the same AP, but it's based on a different stat.

It's like saying "omg we'll have str instead of ap on gear HAPL NREF". Newsflash, strength gives AP.
    This will be the same. Weapon dps will give AP, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.