Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deterrence - sigh at the developers

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Deterrence – has been completely overhauled. It now allows you to deflect 100% of incoming melee or spell damage for 5 seconds, but prevents you from attacking while active. You still must be facing the attacker to deflect the damage (this is a limitation we are trying and might end up removing). 60 sec cooldown.

Or in other words:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hunters can now train an improved version of the current shadowpriest end-talent "Disperson" at level 60.
    We removed the mana regen component since most hunters don't have mana trouble now anyway, and instead gave them complete immunity to almost everything and lowered the cooldown by 2 minutes.

HAHA good one Tom! I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the shadowpriests this time! xD

Someone had to say it

Re: Deterrence - sigh at the developers

WOW.....there are no words to describe what I am feeling now....I am going to cry myself to sleep for the next week.

cherez will be laughing himself to sleep

This is another (not)bright idea from them how to fix us in PvP.
    Lets take away even more of their dmg, give them close to useless skill that wont change much.
    They buff Kill Shot - yet no words of fixing it's range bug (or tooltip).

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti
    This is another (not)bright idea from them how to fix us in PvP.
    Lets take away even more of their dmg, give them close to useless skill that wont change much.
    They buff Kill Shot - yet no words of fixing it's range bug (or tooltip).
    So hunters constantly complain about survival in PvP. Then they get a change that makes deterrence a very nice skill for survival, and they complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Deterrence of Skill? Erm... Cloak?

i think its cool
    reflect everything for 6 seconds?

make some pom pyro arcane barrage scrub mages kill them selfs

Hunters are fine.

Priests will still be very widely used in PvP.

P.S the origonal post was hysterical!
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    i think its cool
    reflect everything for 6 seconds?

make some pom pyro arcane barrage scrub mages kill them selfs
    Deflect: To cause to turn aside or downward.

Reflect: To throw back or be thrown back.

Damn you for beating me on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayameru
    Deflect: To cause to turn aside or downward.

Reflect: To throw back or be thrown back.
    oh i thought it said reflect /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    So hunters constantly complain about survival in PvP. Then they get a change that makes deterrence a very nice skill for survival, and they complain about it.
    I still need to be facing the oponent - behind me rogue, infront of me mage.... riiiiight and what about dots? And yet they fail to adress pet issues... my pet will still be 3shoted by warriors and rogues... even casters will murder them.
    I dont find it a nice change, its not big improvement over what we have atm and what we need not to mention more of our dmg output being lowered. Thats great balance!

redblade

This SILLY atempt of irony, as in gving hunters a stupid skill will NOT help them survive in ANY WAY...

The shot rotations are stil horrible, with aimed and multy sharing a cooldown, arcane being USELESS and although aimed does a debuff, it has severly low dmg compared to old aimed... (yes 3 sec cast aimed was better, being the skill you could actually spike with as an opener when you trap the target).

They give hunters silly new skills, or modify old ones to... "lol"... improove hunter survivability, while survivability is nowhere to be seen, and other classes steamroll hunters 4 times easyer than hunters could do to them, while hunter dammage is still going down...

Poor... just poor... Thats how competent Blizzard is when it comes to balancing out pvp to at least SOME point... Some classes are simply not even close to other's.... With hunters at the very bottom...

what we need is to remove the daze effect from cheetah and pack...all other classes have 15-20% increased movement without beong 100% dazed this would give is some chance to get away from melee range....hamnsting deaths grip chill etc and wed be catcheble anyway...but having to be at range to hurt opponents suck when they also move faster than us we have to get an advantage in this cuz wel be dead once they get close to us anyway

Quote Originally Posted by snugglepuff83
    what we need is to remove the daze effect from cheetah and pack...all other classes have 15-20% increased movement without beong 100% dazed this would give is some chance to get away from melee range....hamnsting deaths grip chill etc and wed be catcheble anyway...but having to be at range to hurt opponents suck when they also move faster than us we have to get an advantage in this cuz wel be dead once they get close to us anyway
    @ Cheetah with no daze: I think it would make us very hard to catch at all, I want PvP fixed, but not like this. Imo it would in the end end up being bit OP.

Moving Ice block on 1 minute cooldown, inc nerf
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It doesn't reduce ranged damage. Hunters will still murder other hunters.

Shadow Priests got a mana regen in theirs. We have to lower our damage to regen our mana, AND we lose our survivability by doing so (no aspect of monkey/dragonhawk), you GAIN survivability while you regen your mana.

L2Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti
    I still need to be facing the oponent - behind me rogue, infront of me mage.... riiiiight and what about dots? And yet they fail to adress pet issues... my pet will still be 3shoted by warriors and rogues... even casters will murder them.
    I dont find it a nice change, its not big improvement over what we have atm and what we need not to mention more of our dmg output being lowered. Thats great balance!

So you want a bubble then? Be happy you get something. Why dont you just ask for a "Win Button" too.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by snugglepuff83
    what we need is to remove the daze effect from cheetah and pack...all other classes have 15-20% increased movement without beong 100% dazed
    Stop. All other classes?

Here's a chart of class abilities. I would like you to take this chart and circle the class abilities for warlocks and priests that allow them to do anything resembling increased movement speed, much less as much speed as you get out of cheetah. What the hell, throw mages in there, too: teleporting isn't technically increased movement speed. (Ever seen a mage blink and still be stunned on the other end from lag? It's hilarious.)

Take your time. Don't worry, I'll wait here.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard

So you want a bubble then? Be happy you get something. Why dont you just ask for a "Win Button" too.
    You clearly havent ever PvPed as a Hunter (especially on higher ratings) did you?
    Where do you see me asking for a I.WIN.BUTTON? Im clearly stating that new deterrence is not the skill that will fix us (and we got way too many skills at our disposal) and its so far their great idea how to fix us in PvP. The Deterrence that was in beta was way better imo - close to same effect, but allowed to deal dmg.
    Now we get DMG nerf (still with very low burst dmg and overall in PvP) and get this.
    If Id want a IWIN button Id be all for Cheetah without daze effect - and as Ive wrote earlier this is not the thing I want implemented.