Question regarding weapon choice.

Hey guys.

I've prette much always played some kind of ranged, and this DK is pretty much my first melee hero, with the exception of a druid.

So I'm a bit confused as to what to look for on a weapon, besides the obvious stats.
    Since most of my abilities are weapon damage based, am I looking at top damage? Or is it the DPS that matters?

And also, I assume when it says "60% weapon damage", it's the weapon damage in my paperdoll that applies, correct?

2h blood dps spec btw.

Sorry for the "newb" questions, as stated not used to melee classes

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Re: Question regarding weapon choice.

get yourself a decent 2 handed; polearm, sword, mace or axe with Str>Hit>agil>sta and that is basicly it. If you are like me and wanna tank I would refere you to the million tanking topics

That did not answer my question at all.

What is "a decent 2hander"?
    Is it the top damage, or the DPS I am looking for?

The DPS ! And within the same DPS range (or iLvl, because DPS is directly linked to iLvl), choose the slowest weapon.

Top damage is really garbage, it doesn't mean anything and will only be looked at by people who want to see big numbers flying over their head but don't care about doing good DPS. Maybe in PvP....

Just look for whatever weapon has the highest dps, and the slowest attack speed(3.6 is usually considered "ideal" cause they're the most common)

Compare highest and lowest damage.

If they're both higher, then that weapon will be your weapon of choice.

If only one is higher then the other, the one with the highest dps should be prefered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme
    The DPS ! And within the same DPS range (or iLvl, because DPS is directly linked to iLvl), choose the slowest weapon.

Top damage is really garbage, it doesn't mean anything and will only be looked at by people who want to see big numbers flying over their head but don't care about doing good DPS. Maybe in PvP....
    May I ask why? As I understand, most my abilities is based of weapon damage, why isn't high weapon damage to be preferred?

And no, I don't care about "high numbers", I care about high sustained DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix
    May I ask why? As I understand, most my abilities is based of weapon damage, why isn't high weapon damage to be preferred?

And no, I don't care about "high numbers", I care about high sustained DPS.
    Because the difference in weapondamage between highest and lowest isn't always the same on each weapon, for example, there can be a weapon with.

100-200 and a weapon with 50-250 but the same dps. And clearly, the first is superior because the damage range is more stable, while the second one is much wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Just look for whatever weapon has the highest dps, and the slowest attack speed
    Just keep that in mind and thread's over.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLWaffles
    Just keep that in mind and thread's over.
    Just throwing in my support of this statement.

Ok, now the thread's over.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

If you really enjoy theory crafting and getting down to the nitty gritty about weapon and armor stats this thread is awesome. Basically a top 10 list of items/weapons in every slot and why.

http://deathknight.info/forum/index.php?topic=4435.0