1. #1
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Alas, I do not have access to the blizzard US forums (damn them for making EU users lesser users anyway), so maybe one of the US posters here could be so kind as to post something about this issue on the US forums? I'd really love to see a blue reply to this question.

    Divine Hymn is a pretty lackluster spell, I think we can agree on that. But at least it would be a second CC in PVP. But it cannot even be that, because when you use it you get 30 seconds cooldown on psychic scream, and vice versa. I so fucking hate that from the second I realized it. There is not a single situation where DH would be better than PS. If you could DH when PS was on cooldown though, it would find its (little) uses.

    The last thing I read from blues about the Priest Hymn issues was "we have something planned for them, but its not a priority". Meh.

    So could someone try to post on the US forums about the shared CD issue? I think if the shared CD would be removed the spell would go from absolutely useless to sometimes very useful. Which would be like a 1000% boost.

    Cheers
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    ... and make it useable in shadow form.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    ... and make it useable in shadow form.
    Or make a new shadow hymn when we're at it. Somethink like sleep which we had way back in beta anyway.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  4. #4

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Oh it's psychic scream that causes the cooldown, I barely use the spell, but i noticed sometimes that i get a cooldown on it, hadnt figured out what it was.

  5. #5

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Been playing for a few days now skimrishes for 2v2/3v3 and I believe divine hymn isint quite as useless as you guys are making it. Why?

    Yes it does have a cast time and no it CANNOT be used to prevent bursts on you (fear is better here no matter what)

    BUT! Divine hymn does last longer has a larger range and prevents the target from moving (as oppose to fear which 50% of the time makes him LoS or range you)

    So when can it be used? When your partner is trying to gib the dpser again healer/dps setup u can use it to prevent him from healing longer then fear would

    also to prevent enemies running away

  6. #6
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    You misunderstood.

    Divine Hymn is awesome, except it breaks shadowform. But when it's on shared CD with Physhic Scream it's close to being complete and utterly useless.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Yzaron
    Been playing for a few days now skimrishes for 2v2/3v3 and I believe divine hymn isint quite as useless as you guys are making it. Why?

    Yes it does have a cast time and no it CANNOT be used to prevent bursts on you (fear is better here no matter what)

    BUT! Divine hymn does last longer has a larger range and prevents the target from moving (as oppose to fear which 50% of the time makes him LoS or range you)

    So when can it be used? When your partner is trying to gib the dpser again healer/dps setup u can use it to prevent him from healing longer then fear would

    also to prevent enemies running away
    Aside from giving your enemies a free pain suppression: DH will only last 2 seconds longer in pvp, 10 secs instead of 8 secs fear. But that doesn't matter anyway because they will just trinket out of it. If they would remove the shared CD you could DH, let them trinket it, and then fear them for the full duration, or vice versa. That would give us at least a fighting chance.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  8. #8
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Nah, all classes got a very good review. But all reviews were PvE orientated.

    They forgot to balance out the melee dps in PvP, and didden't gave the casters enough survability, especially priests.

    They never considered things like Avenging Wrath versus Dispersion either.

    I'm sure we'll see ALOT of PvP changes during the spring.

  9. #9

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    They put cooldowns on things that would OP the classes, most of which I don't agree with.

    Aimed Shot + Multi Shot share a CD. No Real Reason.
    Explosive Shot + Aracane do as well. Again, no real reason.

    This just makes no sense tbh, but I guess it's to stop you from PSing > DHing to CC for 15 seconds in PvP environment? lol

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I'm sure we'll see ALOT of PvP changes during the spring.
    /pray

    And to Skivoh: While what you say rings true, I cannot agree about Deathknights. As long as you have abolish disease active they are pretty much a joke as a priest.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    This just makes no sense tbh, but I guess it's to stop you from PSing > DHing to CC for 15 seconds in PvP environment? lol
    lol indeed. Cheap Shot > bam bam > Kidney Shot > bam bam > blind > stealth > sap > cheap shot > bam bam > kidney shot > bam bam > vanish > cheap shot and on it goes. That's like more than half a minute of CC right there.

    Or mages with their dozen frostnovas and blast waves. Or Hunters with traps and concussive shot. Warlocks can fear like hell too, although they are in an overall bad state right now.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  12. #12

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    /pray

    And to Skivoh: While what you say rings true, I cannot agree about Deathknights. As long as you have abolish disease active they are pretty much a joke as a priest.
    again this forces you to leave shd form, therefor making it shit again.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    again this forces you to leave shd form, therefor making it shit again.
    If you never, ever leave shadowform in pvp, you are only using half your class.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  14. #14

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

    Priests who are good (don't play one but there is too little QQ) but forgot many good mechanics and dispersion isn't realy that good
    little QQ becoz priest give up...

  15. #15

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    ... or just give us a spell that doesn't pain suppress all enemies within 10 yards >_< ...

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,155

    Re: Divine Hymn & Psychic Scream shared CD

    I have written a suggestion in the european blizzard suggestion board. Although none of the devs, only CMs read that board (or at least are supposed to, there aren't much blue posts there).

    Would some of you be kind enough to post the suggestion to remove the shared cd onto the US suggestion boards? At least the devs hang out there.

    [quote]There is a shared Cooldown between Divine Hymn (Priest Level 80 Spell) and Psychic Scream. This just seems wrong. Let me elaborate:

    Considering PVE: Psychic Scream cannot be used in normal situations because feared mobs will just come back with newly added ones. Divine Hymn also is pretty much unusable in instances because - lets face it - pretty much no crowd control is ever used in instances because tanks do their AOE tanking part oh so well these days.

    Considering PVP: Divine Hymn isn't an easy spell to use. First it is not usable in shadowform, though this is bearable. Second, it has 1,5 seconds casttime - Psychic Scream is instant. Psychic Scream also gets distance between you and your attacker, which you as a caster usually want. Divine Hymn incapacitates them so you yourself have to get away, which you can't if you want to cast non-instant spells.

    So a comparision of facts of these 2 spells looks like this:

    Psychic Scream:
    - Instant cast
    - 30 seconds cooldown
    - effects 5 enemies
    - talentable to 26 seconds cooldown (shadow only)
    - talentable to give a -30% damage DEALT debuff to enemies after fear breaks (shadow only)

    Divine Hymn:
    - 1,5 seconds cast
    - 6 minutes cooldown
    - effects 10 enemies and gives a little hot to 10 friendlies, although the range is really short
    - not talent effects it
    - gives free pain suppression to enemies for 3 seconds

    --

    So not only does psychic scream win against divine hymn when it comes to crowd control, with the talents it is completely superior to it.

    Now, if psychic scream was on cooldown I would be happy to use divine hymn, for it would be the only crowd control ability I had left (mindcontrol is unusable in pvp). But I cannot because it shares a cooldown with psychic scream. And as I said or rather wrote, when you have to choose between the hymn and the scream, scream ALWAYS wins because of instant cast, not giving free pain suppressions, and being effected by talents.

    --

    TL&DR Version: Remove the shared Cooldown between Psychic Scream and Divine Hymn, because Divine Hymn is completely unusable with it in place. [/quot€]
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •