Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Hi, i speced fury yesterday to raid naxx with my guild my current spec is http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...h=000000000000 my question is whats the best fury rotation? what are the best and most efficient macros ? thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Hi, this is your rotation:

    Bloodthirst - WW, ON BT CRIT - SLAM and when you have over 60 rage use heroic strike, or cleave is there is more than 1 mob

    ALSO this is your guide to top dps

    http://maxdps.com/warrior/fury.php

  3. #3

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmizzle
    Hi, this is your rotation:

    Bloodthirst - WW, ON BT CRIT - SLAM and when you have over 60 rage use heroic strike, or cleave is there is more than 1 mob

    ALSO this is your guide to top dps

    http://maxdps.com/warrior/fury.php
    Thanks now where can i get good macros for that rotation?

  4. #4

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    dude what happened to the people that can press 2 buttons w/o a macro??

    I play a prot warri, I have 6 or 7 buttons in my rotation + a number of "oh shit" buttons. I don't need a macro, I'm doing just fine.

    you can't macro skill...

  5. #5

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    you need macro to press 4 buttons? What about playing your class and use buttons instead watching tv and pressing 1 with all the moves ??? :

    edit: about your talent tree - get rid of 5/5 Unbirdled Wrath and get Commanding Presence maxed (if you have paladin for bom, then you can do better commanding which is great), Booming Voice and maybe Heroic Fury instead anger management.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    78

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmizzle
    Hi, this is your rotation:

    Bloodthirst - WW, ON BT CRIT - SLAM and when you have over 60 rage use heroic strike, or cleave is there is more than 1 mob

    ALSO this is your guide to top dps

    http://maxdps.com/warrior/fury.php
    Max DPS is a great site to get an idea of where to get gear from but I would never follow it for making gear decisions, it's terrible.

    Your rotation should look something like this.

    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    3.0 BT

    That's it. That's the "full," warrior rotation now. You can just repeat that. Due to the openess and the timing of the abilities you can go WW, BT, BT or BT, BT, WW and still use the same amount of time. Slam! procs should be used when possible but don't mess up your normal rotation or make yourself rage starved to do it. The procs aren't really a log of damage at the end of the fight.
    Software Engineer, Amazon.com, Woot.com group

    Xtek - Shattered Hand US

  7. #7

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtek
    Your rotation should look something like this.

    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    3.0 BT
    Now what do these numbers mean? I'm guessing seconds from the GCD. But how the hell do you do 2 BTs in 3 seconds? (5 sec CD). Or do I just not unterstand what you're writing?

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    78

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshoof
    Now what do these numbers mean? I'm guessing seconds from the GCD. But how the hell do you do 2 BTs in 3 seconds? (5 sec CD). Or do I just not unterstand what you're writing?
    You're right, I apologize I haven't had my morning coffee.

    It would be...

    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    5.0 BT
    10.0 BT
    11.5 WW
    15.0 BT
    20.0 BT
    21.5 WW

    ... you get the idea.

    You can see there are some spots after the trailing BT in the rotation to use your slam procs/bshout etc.

    EDIT: Don't forget to spam HS (rage permitting). If you have Glyph of Heroic Strike, which you should. Spamming HS is a huge DPS increase if you have the rage to allow it.
    Software Engineer, Amazon.com, Woot.com group

    Xtek - Shattered Hand US

  9. #9

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Also if you find yourself missing the bloodthirst crits, or irritated trying to find the Slam! buff within the rest of your raid buffs. You can get the addon from curse called "Nao!". Works pretty good, it makes the edges of your screen flash red when a proc comes, and puts an icon by your characters head showing you what procced.

  10. #10
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    103

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtek
    You're right, I apologize I haven't had my morning coffee.

    It would be...

    0.0 BT
    1.5 WW
    5.0 BT
    10.0 BT
    11.5 WW
    15.0 BT
    20.0 BT
    21.5 WW

    ... you get the idea.

    You can see there are some spots after the trailing BT in the rotation to use your slam procs/bshout etc.

    EDIT: Don't forget to spam HS (rage permitting). If you have Glyph of Heroic Strike, which you should. Spamming HS is a huge DPS increase if you have the rage to allow it.
    This.

    I also agree, max DPS is terrible, its nice to see possible items for a given slot all lined up for easy viewing tho.

    Something from the 'Normal DPS rotation' that I've been toying around with due to the overflow of rage and not enough ways to dump it. Its a bit less boring, and makes you pay even more attention to CD's. I try to work more slams into my rotation.

    Explanation,
    If the GCD is less than the cooldown left on a skill, I que a slam, and hit HS as soon as it goes off (cleave if more than one target ofc) and proceed with the normal rotation. so it might look something like this

    0 BT
    1.5 WW
    3 Slam que/HS after
    5 BT
    6.5 Slam que/HS after
    10 BT

    Rage permitting of course. I do hit some dry spots where I don't use this rotation, just the norm(no slams unless bloodsurge procs), untill my rage is ridiculous again, which doesn't take long.

    Again just something I've been trying the past few days, seems to have potential tho. I've been doing pretty well with it.

  11. #11

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Rotation shouldn't be just what was said before. Or your DPS would actually be pretty meh for most things.

    To be perfectly clear, you should only use that rotation on single targets (WW with BT and Slam on crit). And then use HS as a rage dump when you're getting near full.

    Any pull with multiple mobs your DPS is much better off just using WW and Cleave, with BT as the rage dump.

    I personally don't even spec Bloodsurge for most activities. While it is superior on things like boss fights to 3/3 Cleave, you're going to be fighting multiple mob pullers more often than not. But that's just my view on it. By all means though if you're raiding all the time, go for Bloodsurge, but I usually tank those so yeah.

    When a mob is below 20%, I usually pop reckless if it's up and Executex2 > Whirlwind (since both hits crit when it's third). Past that, depending on the amount of rage I have I'll WW and/or BT, and then execute in between their CDs.

    Also throw in Victory Rush and Heroic Throw whenever you can.
    Prot: 31661 HP, 23.6k armor, 23.2% dodge, 20.2% parry, 25% block, 25 exp.
    Fury: 4k AP, 38% crit, 10% hit, 7% exp

    Always will be prot main spec.

  12. #12

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    i play a fury warrior too. and there is not really TOO much macro'ing u can do.

    the only "MACRO" suggestion (for pve) i can make for u buddy, would be to make a macro that makes u jump then cast slam. this way u can mash ur slam after bloodthirst, and if u did get a crit it would either jump into the air and slam, or just jump and get a message that says "cannont do that while moving." either way, it wont suspend ur attacks for any time at all.

    if u really wanna get crazy with it. u can probably get away with making a macro that goes in this order: Bloodthirst, WW, Victory Rush, jump, Slam. this would most likely work best on fights where u dont do much movement/adjusting (like loatheb).

    i dont use any macro's myself, but ive been contemplating just using the jump/slam macro. only reason i havent yet is cuz i enjoy pressing a crap ton of buttons (keeps me awake)

    just make sure that u pay attention to the amount of rage u have, if ur getting above 60 rage start spamming heroic strike til u get below 45

  13. #13
    The Hedgehog Elementium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MA, USA.
    Posts
    12,765

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshoof
    dude what happened to the people that can press 2 buttons w/o a macro??

    I play a prot warri, I have 6 or 7 buttons in my rotation + a number of "oh shit" buttons. I don't need a macro, I'm doing just fine.

    you can't macro skill...
    True that. I'm not supporting ragging on people.. but I don't like macros in general.. Honestly i'd consider being able to string together attack rotations by using one button is exploitative.

  14. #14

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    It's funny.. because macros were invented to simulate repetitive tasks, which is all WOW really is, one big repetitive task.

    So someone wanting to create macros for the game blows my mind, are some things TOO repetitive?

    The only 2 macros I have are to target and assist the main tank and the off tank, because clicky clicky in the heat of battle isn't my stong point.

  15. #15
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    103

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by KRuke
    Rotation shouldn't be just what was said before. Or your DPS would actually be pretty meh for most things.

    To be perfectly clear, you should only use that rotation on single targets (WW with BT and Slam on crit). And then use HS as a rage dump when you're getting near full.

    Any pull with multiple mobs your DPS is much better off just using WW and Cleave, with BT as the rage dump.

    I personally don't even spec Bloodsurge for most activities. While it is superior on things like boss fights to 3/3 Cleave, you're going to be fighting multiple mob pullers more often than not. But that's just my view on it. By all means though if you're raiding all the time, go for Bloodsurge, but I usually tank those so yeah.

    When a mob is below 20%, I usually pop reckless if it's up and Executex2 > Whirlwind (since both hits crit when it's third). Past that, depending on the amount of rage I have I'll WW and/or BT, and then execute in between their CDs.

    Also throw in Victory Rush and Heroic Throw whenever you can.
    Uh.

    You dont spec for trash, or at least, you shouldn't. If a warrior is worrying about max AOE potential, they should go reroll to an AOE class, because thats not what fury is about.

    Raiding is also about the boss fights, not the trash. You can basically close your eyes and blitz through trash. So I respectfully dissagree with you, trash rotation IS all about cleave/WW though. But specing for trash/AOE is bad.

  16. #16

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by Eka
    Uh.

    You dont spec for trash, or at least, you shouldn't. If a warrior is worrying about max AOE potential, they should go reroll to an AOE class, because thats not what fury is about.

    Raiding is also about the boss fights, not the trash. You can basically close your eyes and blitz through trash. So I respectfully dissagree with you, trash rotation IS all about cleave/WW though. But specing for trash/AOE is bad.
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, I alluded to basically the same thing in my post although I suppose it was unclear. But I think you missed what I was trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRuke
    I personally don't even spec Bloodsurge for most activities. While it is superior on things like boss fights to 3/3 Cleave, you're going to be fighting multiple mob pullers more often than not. But that's just my view on it. By all means though if you're raiding all the time, go for Bloodsurge, but I usually tank those so yeah.
    My DPS warrior doesn't see raids much, or really any bosses where having Bloodsurge would be useful. This is why, personally, I don't feel it's worth it. My DPS warrior is basically just for heroics, and lolheroicbosses. In the case I do end up doing a raid, I do spec Bloodsurge because yes, of course the boss DPS is always what matters most. No one really gives two shits about trash, as you said. Raids don't normally try and spec to deal with trash, they do it around bosses.

    I simply have little to no use for it though when I'm not raiding on warrior as DPS.
    Prot: 31661 HP, 23.6k armor, 23.2% dodge, 20.2% parry, 25% block, 25 exp.
    Fury: 4k AP, 38% crit, 10% hit, 7% exp

    Always will be prot main spec.

  17. #17
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    103

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    Quote Originally Posted by KRuke
    My DPS warrior doesn't see raids much, or really any bosses where having Bloodsurge would be useful. This is why, personally, I don't feel it's worth it. My DPS warrior is basically just for heroics, and lolheroicbosses. In the case I do end up doing a raid, I do spec Bloodsurge because yes, of course the boss DPS is always what matters most. No one gives two shits about trash, as you said. No one spec's raids to deal with trash, they do it around bosses.

    I simply have little to no use for it though when I'm not raiding on warrior as DPS.
    I get ya now. Im at work, I guess I didn't grasp the whole post between doing work things.

  18. #18

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    For the Lazy People out there.

    This is the base of my raiding fury rotation. Sunder is not a necessary option, but I am usually the only warrior on raid. Mix in Slams when bloodsurge procs. And I manually add in either Heroic Strike or Cleave.

    Works with 3.2

    Holding Alt while pushing the macro casts Sunder Armor
    Holding Shift while pushing the macro casts Slam

    /stopmacro [noharm] [noexists]
    /cast [modifier:alt] Sunder Armor
    /cast [modifier:shift] Slam
    /castsequence reset=4/combat Bloodthirst, Whirlwind, Bloodthirst
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

  19. #19

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    I run it with a few more buttons and less faceroll (more finger roll really).

    Mouseup = whirlwind
    Mousedown = bloodthirst

    1 to 5 on keyboard for random/situational stuff (HS, Cleave, Slam)
    Q and E re-bound to shouts
    C to the ability after a kill with the name I forget (warrior aint my main).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  20. #20

    Re: Fury DPS rotation (help)

    I got confused BIG time when I read the first page, full of stuff like "Use slam on BT crit" "BT has 5sec cd" etc.

    And regarding the macro, that is indeed for lazy people. Cmon, fury aint hard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •