Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowpriest pvp survivability

Make a thread like this again when we actually have proper PVP gear.

Comments like "you know I was 2k+ pre-wotkl", "learn to play" and "but in BG.." don't really help the discussion either. Just wait for when Season 5 has started, and when you've actually gained proper gear and played arena in S5, only then you can QQ or begin a intelligent discussion about our survivability(good or bad).

(By the way, PVE-gear vs PVE-gear = not PVP.)

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    People are still waiting for PvP season. We need some better gear to see how things really are. It's mostly now PvEgear vs. PvEgear, and it's not balanced among classes.
    I have to agree with what was said by AetherMcLoud about this post. This is one of the most intelligent/mature post I've read about any class thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpn5
    I have to agree with what was said by AetherMcLoud about this post. This is one of the most intelligent/mature post I've read about any class thus far.
    well seeing how the same thing was in TBC id say pvp gear is our only way to be successful in pvp.
    before i gathered at least 250 resil i was squishy as hell, then it was all good.So i suppose we just need to wait till we can get our hands on some heavy stam/resil gear :3

Quote Originally Posted by Ryojii
    Make a thread like this again when we actually have proper PVP gear.

Comments like "you know I was 2k+ pre-wotkl", "learn to play" and "but in BG.." don't really help the discussion either. Just wait for when Season 5 has started, and when you've actually gained proper gear and played arena in S5, only then you can QQ or begin a intelligent discussion about our survivability(good or bad).

(By the way, PVE-gear vs PVE-gear = not PVP.)

Okay, you stand in shatt with your level 70's waiting for Season 5. I know you'll probably top the brackets, but I'll be waiting in LK-1.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I used to love spriests but yes they did have low survivability in PVP situations so i went disc. Problem solved.

shadow priestes are way harder too play in pvp then locks and hunters, they should stop whining, and ye the SP comunity here usually have 140+ IQ so its not really hard for uss too kill the dumb people aniway

The problem is all gear related and its lame and disheartening that once again cloth is at the bottom of the barrel.

Lets face it sp's can unload a crapton of pain so blizz has to be very careful to not make them to op'd.

On the other hand this is worse than s1 when it took many months for cloth wearers to catch up to melee dps with the proper resilience based gear.

Im just tired of eating dirt for 1 1/2 season to become viable to play when right out gate all non-cloth wearers are simply more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Okay, you stand in shatt with your level 70's waiting for Season 5. I know you'll probably top the brackets, but I'll be waiting in LK-1.
    ?

You make me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater
    The problem is all gear related and its lame and disheartening that once again cloth is at the bottom of the barrel.

Lets face it sp's can unload a crapton of pain so blizz has to be very careful to not make them to op'd.

On the other hand this is worse than s1 when it took many months for cloth wearers to catch up to melee dps with the proper resilience based gear.

Im just tired of eating dirt for 1 1/2 season to become viable to play when right out gate all non-cloth wearers are simply more fun.
    This isn't a gear problem.
    Rogues have ambushed me for 10k.
    PROT WARRIORS can Shield Slam me for up to 8k, which also dispels me.
    A Feral Druid hit me with two Shreds one second apart from each other, both dealing 7-8k, for a total of 14k+. This all happened in ONE SECOND.

On the other hand, I have almost THE best possible PvE gear. As far as damage goes, I'm at the top of Shadow Priest numbers. My Mind Blasts only crit for 8k, and with a very low chance. Shadow Priest burst is basically non-existant at the moment, every other class has more than us.

In PvE, a large portion of my damage is DoTs. Right now, they're worthless. I throw up a full set, and they either get dispelled before they can tick or popped off by immunity/Cloak of Shadows/etc. That's assuming I can cast anything, with all of the stuns and silences that are floating around, on top of how fast I get dropped.
    Two Rogues who open on my simultaneously will drop me before I can do anything. A single rogue doesn't even have to Cheap Shot me, it just opens with Ambush and cloaks.

No amount of PvP gear is going to fix the fact our damage output is complete crap, especially against dispellers, and our burst is extremely weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    How come I don't see that much complains from shadowpriests about our pvp survivability?
    All I see is Hunter and Warlocks complaining about how hard it is to pvp as one of those classes. Although I can understand warlocks complaining, I don't see why hunters needs a look at. Blizzard said themselves that many new players choose hunter, and therefor many of them aren't that good. Against a hunter with bestial wrath there is nothing at all a shadowpriest can do. Nothing. Nada.

But let's face it, shadowpriests have been the worst 1v1 class throughout tbc, and by the looks of it, we're not going to get any better in lich king.
    We still have a fear with 26 seconds cooldown with talents, which will always get trinketed.
    Then we have a shield that absorbs 2000 damage with a cooldown of 15 seconds. 2000 damage isn't alot when other classes, especially melee, crits for atleast 8000. All we got was our Dispersion, which is on a 3 min cooldown, and they consider our problem fixed.

While at it they should take a look at Inner Fire. We're the only cloth user without a real armor buff. Blizzard defends the charges and short cooldown with it's low mana cost, but I know that most of us would rather have a higher mana cost for a longer duration, looking at it from a pve perspective.

So where is the whining? Honestly, we have the rights to ask for more!
    well, honestly i dont agree with the worst 1v1 class in bc and future Wrath.. iv enjoyed 1v1ing plenty of horde even nockingout a few 80's ahead of my time... other wise we can survive by fearing, sheilding or dispersing... i havent seen a class yet that can stop all three.

and even then then #1 2v2 team was a rouge and shadow priest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shadeslayor
    well, honestly i dont agree with the worst 1v1 class in bc and future Wrath.. iv enjoyed 1v1ing plenty of horde even nockingout a few 80's ahead of my time... other wise we can survive by fearing, sheilding or dispersing... i havent seen a class yet that can stop all three.
    You haven't seen a class that can stop all three? Are there no rogues on your server? Are there no death knights? Are there nor ms warriors? Are there no mages? No Feral Druids?

Fear: instantly countered by the insignia, wotf, a couple warrior abilities, ferals 51 pointer, cloak of shadows, and a few more.

Shield: LULZ, epic warriors just auto-attack it away. Rogues need exactly one button push to get through the shield, as do mages and ferals.

Dispersion: It is nothing more than a "die 6 seconds later" ability. If you're up against a rogue, dispersion gives him a free restealth without blowing cooldowns. Same for ferals. The rest just /lols and kills you after the 6 seconds (because you still didn't regenerate health or get away because you were hamstrung/poisoned/whatever).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

http://files.filefront.com/Arenasswm.../fileinfo.html

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    This isn't a gear problem.
    Rogues have ambushed me for 10k.
    PROT WARRIORS can Shield Slam me for up to 8k, which also dispels me.
    A Feral Druid hit me with two Shreds one second apart from each other, both dealing 7-8k, for a total of 14k+. This all happened in ONE SECOND.

On the other hand, I have almost THE best possible PvE gear. As far as damage goes, I'm at the top of Shadow Priest numbers. My Mind Blasts only crit for 8k, and with a very low chance. Shadow Priest burst is basically non-existant at the moment, every other class has more than us.

In PvE, a large portion of my damage is DoTs. Right now, they're worthless. I throw up a full set, and they either get dispelled before they can tick or popped off by immunity/Cloak of Shadows/etc. That's assuming I can cast anything, with all of the stuns and silences that are floating around, on top of how fast I get dropped.
    Two Rogues who open on my simultaneously will drop me before I can do anything. A single rogue doesn't even have to Cheap Shot me, it just opens with Ambush and cloaks.

No amount of PvP gear is going to fix the fact our damage output is complete crap, especially against dispellers, and our burst is extremely weak.
    Yes this is exactly my experince to.. yes our damage IS nice. The problem is, we have NO burst, and do not live long enough to even get any DOTs going, were perma stuned, silenced, Spamm dispelled ( making DOts useless )or already dead.

Prot warriors can slam me for 8k.. which them removes a buff, then ur gag ordered, then your dead.. Nice pvping as shadow isnt it lol..

As another poster said, classes without a total immunity cooldown, are getting OWNED in pvp now. Dispertion is just a * live 6 more seconds* CD.. while the * insert OP mellee class here* waits for it to end to 1 hit the rest of your HP...

I don't see PVP gear fixing this problem either, im getting crit for 8k+ by ret palas and prot warriors.. what good is some ressillince going to do me then?? None...