Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Third Major Glyph?

Epic megafail.
    Not picking soul siphon as affliction lock is like going destro without Devastation. You miss insane ammounts of damage done by not having it.

Soul Drain, boss maxdotted and under 25% hp, ring a bell?

3 points in eradication is bad as well. 1p and by then you should have your haste from gear already covering more or less for the additional 2 points
    also (eradication doesnt stack with hastegear).
    Thus taking 1/3 molten core and glyph of immolate, makes immolate a bit more useful and worths casting.
    It's only debuffs on bosses that are calculated per tic. All trinkets and your talents only give the extra damage if you use them/they proc before you cast your spell.

For example if you got a trinket like Hex Shrunkenhead you must use it before you apply your dots in order for them to get the extra damage. If you cast lets say corruption then use the trinket it won't benefit from it.
    Same goes with talents, in this case Molten Core. If you got immolation up and molten core procs it wont get the extra 10% damage and I sincerely doubt any warlock want to recast a immolation with tics left just to get the 10% damage.

Sorry to say Nataya but my advice is that you pick a better spec, you really miss alot of damage due to bad talentpoints. Cheers mate
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I fail to see how a 15 sec (excluding haste) channel spell that ticks after 3 seconds can be any use with all those dots needing to be refreshed.

You may see big numbers with drain soul but is hardly practical.

And learn to read, i said in my opinion. If you like the talent go ahead and take, no one is stopping you, but dont say epic mega fail.

And plz show me what are those INSANE AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE you are talking about.

Insane amount of damage means a warlock that doesnt use it will end up at the bottom of the dps meter. Is this what you are saying? Because if you are you are exaggerating by a lot.

And shadow bolt can crit over 10k very easy on 25% health boss.

With affliction rotation i find it very hard to cast 3 or 4 shadow bolts with out refreshing a dot(maybe if eradication procs). Now imagine that with a 15 second spell.

15+ Year Old Account

I call it epicfail cos you post got so many errors. Im not going to do the math for you but your free to go back into http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?board=34.0. Are tons of threads there about specs including the math. The OP asked for the best 3 glyphs as afflictionspec so if you bring in specs you should also give him the best spec not your spec which is not optimized for optimal damage. Then again I dont know your skill at playing the lock, some specs are better for some players if they feel more comfortable with them but from a raw damage done perspective your spec is really bad by the things i mentioned in my previous post.

Regarding
    I fail to see how a 15 sec (excluding haste) channel spell that ticks after 3 seconds can be any use with all those dots needing to be refreshed.
    . You give the answer in your question. A ~2.1 sec castingtime on a SB which if they dont crit (and as affliction you can't really expect them too) then its less damage + harder to keep up the cycle.

Basicly 5 dots, Drain Soul at 25% + 4% per affliction effect (incl from other players) brings way more damage than your bolts, unless u crit them all.
    For me 1 tic is 11-12k damage atm. 5 tics for 14% basemana - possible points in supression vs your 17% basemana on one SB. When you use SB you basicly force yourself to lifetap more which in turn make u unable to dps and also make it harder for yourself to maintain your dotcycle.

If played correctly Soul Drain is the filler to use, not SB.

Sorry if i soudned harsh in the first post :-*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Same goes with talents, in this case Molten Core. If you got immolation up and molten core procs it wont get the extra 10% damage and I sincerely doubt any warlock want to recast a immolation with tics left just to get the 10% damage.

Sorry to say Nataya but my advice is that you pick a better spec, you really miss alot of damage due to bad talentpoints. Cheers mate
    I do know how the trinket/procs work with affliction dots. Dont worry.

You fail to realize that molten proc is up all the time, it hardly ever drops, there r just so many things that can proc it than even with 5% its always up, so even if the first proc of molten core doesnt affect the current immolate the rest of your immolates will get the bonus damage.

What you just said you practically took every item with chance to proc like for example
    Dying Curse, Illustration of the dragon soul and the old Darkmoon Crusade deck
    and said "those trinkets r shit for affliction cause they dont benefit the dot if they are not active."
    Those have the same mechanic as the molten core talent.

Were i do agree with you that they dont benefit the first set of dots they will affect the rest of the dots in a boss fight and they will pay off at the end.

They start slow and they built up on the way. And you dont even have to wait for long time. 10 seconds is usually what is needed. This is how affliction works. It needs long fights.

And we are talking now about 1 talent point which i cant figure out where else to put it that will give me the same amount of dps. Same goes for 2 more talents in Eradication, i just dont see any other talents that i can take that will boost my dps.

3/3 eradication will give a 10% chance to proc it earlier, which means you can use it more often in a fight.

By all means, show me where else i should use those 3 talents.

Frailty? guess not
    Improved Fear? doubt it if usefull in raids
    Fel concentration? meh
    Grim reach? useless with out distractive reach
    Curse of exhaustion? lol
    Imroved fel hunter? I prefer the imp.
    Dark pact? I think you will agree it sucks
    Improved Howl of terror? see improved fear comment
    Improved Healthstone? Not a dps boost
    Improved Imp? Prefer eradication
    Demonic Embrace? Not a dps boost
    Cataclysm? I dont need the hit rating and 1% mana is lol
    Aftermath? heh
    Demonic Power? doubt that will match the damage of molten core
    Intensity? see fell concentration comment
    Destructive reach? see grim reach comment

So sir, you maybe right about the molten core proc which i agree and is pretty much common knowledge, BUT you are only right for 10 seconds... If that.

15+ Year Old Account

Agree with the skills you mention as bad. My xp with 1 p in molten is not however a constant uptime and where to put your points is clearly still in Soul Siphon cos if handled good Drain Soul is much more damage as <25% filler than SB.

Cataclysm is crap but your manapool is suffering badly from your spam of SB cos you will spend time LT, with affliction and Drain Soulfiller you basicly only have to LT a very limited ammount of time during those last 25% of boss hp.

Keep in mind that the biggest loss of dps for any lockspec is not being hitcapped followed by LT.