Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Blizzard introducing Paid Character Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Gosford
    And nobody is forcing you to use this service. So why all the hullabaloo?
    Because they're charging 15$/€ for cosmetic changes .. to a virtual avatar - do I actually have to go into details as why that sounds completely absurb.

They sure know how to leech the last pennies from the kids tho'. Viva capitalism and all that.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

Deleted

Haha, all the kids here raging "OH NOEZ BLIZZARD IS GREEDY AND WANTS MONEEEH"!

...and?

I hear that the next thing they will do is let you be able to rearrange your list of characters.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Basically they added the barber shop options to the rename service we already had... or what?

Until they let me change my Night Elf Druid to a Gnome Druid then forgot about it!

Sexchange seriously? I never thought they would sink that deep, so perhaps race change is comming eventually

Is this Feature also avivaible for EU? Or atm only for US?
    I didnt see something like that for EU -_-*

I'd only change my male tauren to female so I can be a little smaller in BGs :P

Wot? No boob size change? WHo needs it then ;D
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

There's a reason Blizz makes so much goddamn money. It probably took a group of 5 people 2 weeks to set up this new feature, and you'd be lying to yourself if you don't believe people will use it. They are so damn good at this whole making money thing its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Blizzard are a huge company, they're doing what businesses are meant to do, and that is taking money from the consumer's and providing a service, goods, or both in exchange.
    Hence why regulation exists - unfortunately gaming companies currently have no govermental body watching over them. Perhaps in time this will be rectified and ridicilous money leeching like this will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    If you don't like it, don't use it. But don't bitch because someone might actually find it useful.
    The reason we're bitching about it is because it sets a VERY dangerous precedent - like it or not but other businesses look at Blizzard and things they're implementing - if this micro payment system goes through you will start seeing weapons, armour, items and other in-game material being sold for money and it will spread to other games, several have already tried it but have luckily been repulsed so far.

Then we're back at the "my parents are rich, yours aren't = my gear pwnz you noob." Lovely, considering we're playing a game.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

I always said Blizzard would do a gender change option when they got desperate and the game is on it's way down...
    And now the customization option is here, and WoW isn't doing too great. Time to be worried?

It's optional, no need to cry about it...
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

15+ Year Old Account

When there are so many big issues with WOTLK balance atm, BLZ goes and so something like this. This been a prio among developers? Im fully aware that they got enough ppl hired so they can put a few to do this (rather usless-we-are-gready gamefeature) but the timing could have been better. Alot of classes are still having major or minor issues som releasing these kinda news at this time is unbelievebly stupid of Blizzard. Seriously thought they had more intelligent marketing people.

"Hi we are Blizzard, there are still alot of balance issues, alot of realms suffer from 6-12 seconds latenecty in 25mans but now we can proudly present a new superduper feature that lets you..."

Now someone will probably type 'if you dont like it, dont use it' sure whatever, BLZ just lost alot of goodwill right there. Maybe fix the unplayable realms and they can get it back, just a thought
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I suppose, to save a lot of crying, they should have just implemented it in game, like the Barber shop, making some kind of Gnomish Plastic Surgeon thingy, rather than charge money for it.

At the end of the day, some people have been playing their character for 4 years, and maybe want to change things about a bit. I think it is a good option personally, and although it costs money, $15 is not a bank breaking amount, and of course it is optional.

C
    x

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Magik
    I always said Blizzard would do a gender change option when they got desperate and the game is on it's way down...
    And now the customization option is here, and WoW isn't doing too great. Time to be worried?
    WotLK just released and it was the highest selling game of all history in the first 24h. What the fuck are you smoking? Time to lay off the crack.

Blizzards greed knows no limits ???

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoo
    WotLK just released and it was the highest selling game of all history in the first 24h. What the fuck are you smoking? Time to lay off the crack.
    word

It's a pretty handy feature for the male players who chose a female main and gets mocked for it I guess
    I was hoping for a Race change, but now that I think of it, that would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    Handy too, for all those blacklisted idiots and ninjas that no one will instance with who want a new identity so they can have a 'fresh start'. Just because they remain on your ignore list, doesn't mean people will realise who they are.

C
    x
    I have ninja looters and other idiots in Friends list with note attached. A guy that ninjaed the leaf from Majordomo chest is still there after 3 name changes

I don't see why anyone should use it, when you can't change race or faction. Seems pretty useless. I mean the faces of most races look rather identical, and skincolour is something you should be used to, when you play a toon to lvl 80.
    But I guess, there will be some people demanding it, so why not? Doesn't ruin the game for me, if the BE I used to know is a male nowadays...